^^^^^Aggies vs. TCU-College World Series Tuesday^^^^^

200,316 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by fireinthehole
twk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Would eliminating TCU from the CWS and getting RC's 500th overall win (and of course first win in Omaha) be the biggest victory of his career?
I think I'd have to go with winning the super regional at Tallahassee in 2011, for the moment. If we beat TCU, and then manage to win another game, then maybe we'd look back on this as a big game, but if all we do is stay alive one more game in the loser's bracket, I'm not sure I would rank it over a victory that actually resulted in winning a super regional.
Mr.Ackar07
DDSO
HoustonAg2106
AG
twk said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Would eliminating TCU from the CWS and getting RC's 500th overall win (and of course first win in Omaha) be the biggest victory of his career?
I think I'd have to go with winning the super regional at Tallahassee in 2011, for the moment. If we beat TCU, and then manage to win another game, then maybe we'd look back on this as a big game, but if all we do is stay alive one more game in the loser's bracket, I'm not sure I would rank it over a victory that actually resulted in winning a super regional.
Yea that's probably a good one to argue. But then wouldn't Davidson also be one, especially because it resulted in clinching a trip to Omaha in front of our home crowd? But I agree, clinching that first trip to Omaha is always a good feeling.
aeroag14
AG
LETS GO!!!!
Tosul
AG
I never want to see this again
twk
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

twk said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Yea that's probably a good one to argue. But then wouldn't Davidson also be one, especially because it resulted in clinching a trip to Omaha in front of our home crowd? But I agree, clinching that first trip to Omaha is always a good feeling.
We got some breaks to face Davidson. In 2011, we did it the hard way. That first breakthrough trip to Omaha was huge. As much complaining as there has been about Rob's record, imagine if we hadn't made that trip.
HoustonAg2106
AG
twk said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

twk said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

We got some breaks to face Davidson. In 2011, we did it the hard way. That first breakthrough trip to Omaha was huge. As much complaining as there has been about Rob's record, imagine if we hadn't made that trip.

Good point
Aggies2009
AG
twk said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

twk said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Not only that, but did it despite losing our ace pitcher in May.
Complete Idiot
W
AG
going with the 5-senior lineup today
HoustonAg2106
AG
W said:

They're the ones who would want to beat TCU the most I would imagine.
TexasRebel
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

W said:

Eliminated by the opponents twice before?
Last collegiate season?
Elimination game?

You'd better believe it! They are playing for their lives.
LouisHerbertWong
HoustonAg2106
AG
TexasRebel said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

W said:

Eliminated by the opponents twice before?
Last collegiate season?
Elimination game?

You'd better believe it! They are playing for their lives.

Gonna be a good one!
Complete Idiot
Yes, you see that we are starting all 5 seniors on the roster and you have to wonder if they have talked about a little revenge.
phatpat21
Honest questionfor the guys with more baseball knowledge than me. Homan has been awful from the plate for what a month now? At what point, or is there a point, in which you pull him and let him sit? I guess the trouble is who to put at 2nd, assuming shew goes to short. I could see rob pulling him late in the game, like Davidson, if he is up and uses gutierrez/baine/foster. Do we ride him reguardless since he is a Sr? He played so good last year, especially from the plate. Just hasn't had it this year, maybe today the tide turns...
RomanAg11
AG
BTHO tcu!!!!!!!!!!!!!
histag10
AG
Will Davis bat, and then have someone pinch run for him, or will he do all of the duties of a DH?

Just wondering if he is "back" or if he is starting because it is TCU, his senior year, and the (slightest) possibility of it being his last game.
dixichkn
AG
trouble said:

I also assume it's kolek
Which honestly gives me more hope than anything else.
histag10
AG
phatpat21 said:

Honest questionfor the guys with more baseball knowledge than me. Homan has been awful from the plate for what a month now? At what point, or is there a point, in which you pull him and let him sit? I guess the trouble is who to put at 2nd, assuming shew goes to short. I could see rob pulling him late in the game, like Davidson, if he is up and uses gutierrez/baine/foster. Do we ride him reguardless since he is a Sr? He played so good last year, especially from the plate. Just hasn't had it this year, maybe today the tide turns...

The issue is defense. And while many will say he plays horribly on defense, we really have no one left with any notable experience to play any infield position.

Also, he is a senior and this is TCU.
CardiffGiant
AG
I have to work till 5 today. Based on recent history I should be home to watch the second half of the game!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Pinch hit for him and put Jorge at the plate vs righties and can play him at 2nd or Gilman, if Gilman the question becomes if he comes up in a big spot to the plate who do you replace him with.

Could do Cam Blake first then let Gilliam move to 2nd, and then Jorge the next time up and let Jorge stay at 2nd.
Old School Brother
AG
DFW radio station carrying the game today?
histag10
AG
CardiffGiant said:

I have to work till 5 today. Based on recent history I should be home to watch the second half of the game!

No. I'm hoping for a swift execution of TCU, leaving them scoreless in the 2017 CWS, having been shutout by the SEC.

Bondag
AG
histag10 said:

Will Davis bat, and then have someone pinch run for him, or will he do all of the duties of a DH?

Just wondering if he is "back" or if he is starting because it is TCU, his senior year, and the (slightest) possibility of it being his last game.
He played in game 1 vs. Davidson. His first AB he walked or got an easy hit. Then we moved him station to station and he jogged around the bases. I think early in the game if he gets on base he is running, but not trying to steal, but I could see a sub come in to run if he gets on late in a close game.
dixichkn
AG
histag10
AG
Bondag said:

histag10 said:

He played in game 1 vs. Davidson. His first AB he walked or got an easy hit. Then we moved him station to station and he jogged around the bases. I think early in the game if he gets on base he is running, but not trying to steal, but I could see a sub come in to run if he gets on late in a close game.

That works. For some reason, I thought as soon as he got to 1st, they put someone in to pinch run for him.
jkag89
Nevermind, already addressed.
Bondag
AG
histag10 said:

Bondag said:

histag10 said:

That works. For some reason, I thought as soon as he got to 1st, they put someone in to pinch run for him.
DAVIS, J. singled up the middle (2-2 BBKSF).

PENNINGTON singled to left field (2-2 BKBF); DAVIS, J. advanced to second.

JANCA grounded out to p, SAC, bunt (0-1 K); PENNINGTON advanced to second; DAVIS, J. advanced to third.

yada yada yada

CHORUBY doubled to center field, 2 RBI (3-2 FBBFB); PENNINGTON scored; DAVIS, J. scored.

They ran for him in the 9th.

DAVIS, J. reached on a fielder's choice, bunt (0-0); KOPETSKY out at second c to ss.

GILLMAN pinch ran for DAVIS, J..
Beau Holder
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Beau Holder said:

SEC tourney title was a big one.
Yea that was nice, but I'll take first win in Omaha in an elimination game against a team that has kept you out of Omaha the last two years.

Conference tournaments are meaningless in the grand scheme of things, although it was cool at the time.

I don't necessarily disagree, but one could say that a conference tournament title game results in an actual trophy and a win today is ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme if you just lose again in the next game.
chickencoupe16
AG
I absolutely loathe TCU...
HoustonAg2106
AG
Beau Holder said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Beau Holder said:

SEC tourney title was a big one.
Yea that was nice, but I'll take first win in Omaha in an elimination game against a team that has kept you out of Omaha the last two years.

Conference tournaments are meaningless in the grand scheme of things, although it was cool at the time.

I don't necessarily disagree, but one could say that a conference tournament title game results in an actual trophy and a win today is ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme if you just lose again in the next game.
It's hard to compare them, I would just personally rank a CWS win over a conference tournament championship in a year in which we didn't even make it to Omaha...mainly because we have so little success in Omaha and it would be nice to start changing that and you gotta start somewhere. I see both sides though.
spaceman
AG
So what do we know about TCU's pitching for today? Did they use up their best arms, or what?
Adam87inSA
AG
dixichkn said:

THIS!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.