Texas Aggies jerseys for 2017

13,481 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Capitol Ag
twk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third deck said:

Can one of you internet sleuths tell me what year this pic was taken from and who this player is?
This has to be from the mid 1950s I would think... The script on the jersey was more in the mid 50s... Is this image from the Cushing library archives? Any help would be much appreciated!

It's before the mini-expansion of the football stadium (the small extension between the 30s on the west sideline, which included the press box that served from 1953-78). This extension was in place for the Fall of 1953, and I would assume it would have shown up in any picture taken in the Spring of '53 from this angle, so it's before then.

If you want to narrow it down further, the only other thing I can suggest would be to go back through the online versions of the Aggieland, and see what the team was wearing in any given year. One caveat to that: because the Aggieland went to print before the conclusion of the Spring semester, I believe the baseball write up was usually from the preceding year.
ProudAg16
AG
Capt. America said:

I've heard that the jerseys will probably be at aggieland outfitters retailing for $150 while the caps will run for about $30.
Capt., have you heard of any news regarding the basketball throwbacks? I would like to purchase both
Capt. America
AG
Can't say that I have. I know Adidas was doing a throwback cream shirt with the logo and script on it, but that was it. I would have loved to have seen a maroon shirt with the cream writing. That would have been awesome.
Spyderman
AG
$150
Capitol Ag
AG
Spyderman said:

$150
Normal price for an authentic jersey. And why I've never to this point gotten one. These new ones may change that though.
Maroon Dawn
AG
TaterAg said:

They would look waaay more slick if they went with the script 'Texas Aggies' like these:

That is an AWESOME jersey....IT HAS OL SARGE ON THE SLEEVE!
Baby Billy
AG
I wish the jerseys they sold weren't authentic, but the softer, lighter material you get when you buy an MLB jersey. Those authentic ones they sell are thick as hell and uncomfortable
Capt. America
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

I wish the jerseys they sold weren't authentic, but the softer, lighter material you get when you buy an MLB jersey. Those authentic ones they sell are thick as hell and uncomfortable

If they are anything like the George Bush jerseys from last year, they will be light and breathable. Those game day jerseys were absolutely fantastic.
Capitol Ag
AG
Doers it seem that we may have new baseball hats this season with either a toned down bevel or no bevel at all?

New hats?

Wabs
AG
Capitol Ag said:

Doers it seem that we may have new baseball hats this season with either a toned down bevel or no bevel at all?

New hats?

The letters look too fat on that hat. I wish we would just go back to something like this.

src94
AG
no bevel
Capitol Ag
AG
Wabs said:

Capitol Ag said:

New hats?

The letters look too fat on that hat. I wish we would just go back to something like this.

And if you look at the TAM on his hat, it's not the modern TAM with the A and M centered below the T as in your pic and the normal hats we usually wear. Not sure if adi messed up on our order or what. Not a biggie but you can see the A & M are slightly to the inside of the T.

And yes, the 5950 by New Era is great. Except I prefer the low crown 5950. Not sure what some purists think about that but I have a small head and do not look very good in many high crown hats. That's what I like about the adi ones. They are a low/medium crown.
insanediego
AG
Where the f am I going to get $150?
spanky
AG
heddleston
AG
What I want is a good looking 3930. I have a big noggin and the XL on that is about the only thing that fits me comfortably at all
Spyderman
AG
Capitol Ag said:

Spyderman said:

$150
Normal price for an authentic jersey. And why I've never to this point gotten one. These new ones may change that though.
They are the sharpest looking uniform in any sport ever for A&M IMO, but I ain't about to shell out that kind of change. Hat..perhaps.
Capitol Ag
AG
Spyderman said:

Capitol Ag said:

Spyderman said:

$150
They are the sharpest looking uniform in any sport ever for A&M IMO, but I ain't about to shell out that kind of change. Hat..perhaps.
I hear you. I will get one one way or the other. The price does make it hard to swallow though. I'm just throwing it out to the Universe. It always comes through. The hat is a no brainer.
ProudAg16
AG
When's the expected release? Opening day?
Bocephus
AG
I'm buying that hat!!
Capt. America
AG
My insider at Outfitters says they won't be around until April. Maroon U is theoretically getting at least the hats this coming week.
Capitol Ag
AG
Capt. America said:

My insider at Outfitters says they won't be around until April. Maroon U is theoretically getting at least the hats this coming week.
Thanks for the info!

So you are saying April at AO in terms of just the jerseys or both the jerseys and hats? I'd figure that if Maroon U has the hats next week, everyone will.
Aggieangler93
AG
Please beg said insider to get at least one jersey in 3XL, so I have something to wear before I lose weight.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Capt. America
AG
I don't think outfitters is getting the hats next week. More likely than not, you'll see the hat at most A&M retailors as well as the ballpark most likely. I'll report back with more.
Capt. America
AG
I can't confirm that they'll have any more than an XL, and it's an athletic fit at that.
Capitol Ag
AG
Capt. America said:

I don't think outfitters is getting the hats next week. More likely than not, you'll see the hat at most A&M retailors as well as the ballpark most likely. I'll report back with more.
Thanks!
ordRV80
AG
Oh, I don't know, get a job maybe??

So you will have funds available for frivolous but totally awesome and absolutely necessary Aggie gear!
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
Leander - Ag
Aggieangler93
AG
One year I ponied up for the Maroon one, and it is like a tent in XXL. It goes past my knees untucked and I am 6 foot 1.
Aggieangler93
AG
I'll be there next weekend and will be forced to shop around all the local outlets, since I cannot stay at Koppe bridge or the chicken when not at Olsen. I will report back what I find as well.
Capt. America
AG
I will agree that the replicas definitely do that, but I think the majority of what they are selling now are authentic game worn jerseys. Those tend to be a little more athletically cut.
Capitol Ag
AG
Capt. America said:

I will agree that the replicas definitely do that, but I think the majority of what they are selling now are authentic game worn jerseys. Those tend to be a little more athletically cut.
Agree. The ones I've tried on the last 2 years were authentic and fit well. Athletically cut. The issue is they were so thick. As in, by the regionals, there's no way I'd throw that on and sit in 95+ degree heat. But the V neck versions were thinner and more breathable. Maroon U still has the maroon version. I could have just gotten the thicker pin strip one from last year with the thinner maroon v neck for so I'd be set in any weather, but, like $300 later I'd be broke (maybe a stretch but still) and in a little trouble at home when I'd arrived with those plus all the other stuff I always have to buy! That's why I hope these new ones are more like the '41 versions last year.

And when you see the hats, let us know. I'm gonna have to buy a couple of sizes online to fit me so want to be on top of it when they drop. I've noticed I fit smaller in adi's fitted hats. 7-7 1/8 vs my normal 1/8-1/4 in New Era etal. And those of you in town, let us know what else baseball related drops as well. I've already seen new adi baseball tees on AO and Maroon U's sites. They look cool. Is there a new black ball cap? They have restyled the maroon cap slightly and I'm curious as to what else is dropping. For us who just can't make the trip into town as often, it's hard. The online stores aren't always as up to date as I'd like.
Aggieangler93
AG
I'll let ya know what I dredge up. Will post up some pics from several locations.
Capt. America
AG
I was at the scrimmage yesterday, and the new maroon hats are interesting. The T now has a gray bevel and the entire logo is outlined in gray. It will be difficult to make out any kind of logo from a distance, so that's my only gripe about the new hat. I have not seen or heard anything about the new hats coming into stores since my most recent news. They weren't selling them at the ballpark when I went over there, and they told me that they would probably only be selling them at the spirit shop or possibly the bookstore. I want to stay diligent on those, primarily because I really want a throwback hat.
technoviking
AG
Thank you for the update. I, too, am anxiously awaiting to purchase that hat!
Capitol Ag
AG
Capt. America said:

I was at the scrimmage yesterday, and the new maroon hats are interesting. The T now has a gray bevel and the entire logo is outlined in gray. It will be difficult to make out any kind of logo from a distance, so that's my only gripe about the new hat. I have not seen or heard anything about the new hats coming into stores since my most recent news. They weren't selling them at the ballpark when I went over there, and they told me that they would probably only be selling them at the spirit shop or possibly the bookstore. I want to stay diligent on those, primarily because I really want a throwback hat.
Thanks Cap and Angler!

I agree on the newer maroon hat. Didn't see a need for them to update it and can see the visibility issue with the logo from a distance. That said, they did look clean on the photos from the fan day Saturday on the Baseball twitter page. Knowing me, even though I love my now "old" maroon hat, I'll probably get one, lol. Were they selling the newer maroon one?

What makes it hard is that retailers outside of B/CS don't usually sell baseball fan gear. Occasionally you'll see some, like D ic ks may sell a t-shirt, but I seriously doubt I'll be able to find any of the on-field baseball hats, jerseys etc here in the Dallas area.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.