This is embarrassing!!

9,176 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by txag72
miller0926
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stuck in Des Moines in literal 20 degrees weather with nothing to do made for a pretty miserable experience. I couldn't make it this year, but I would honestly be surprised if there is less there than there was in Charlotte in 2018. I felt like it was families and then maybe 2 rows worth of season ticket holders.
mikesyracuse1
miller0926 said:

Stuck in Des Moines in literal 20 degrees weather with nothing to do made for a pretty miserable experience. I couldn't make it this year, but I would honestly be surprised if there is less there than there was in Charlotte in 2018. I felt like it was families and then maybe 2 rows worth of season ticket holders.

And what a great time it was in the arena. Basically a UNC home game and we delivered a butt whooping. One of my favorite Aggie Basketball memories!

Mikesyracuse1
Sq 17
AgsinGA said:

Add to that a 12th Man Foundation that didn't even reach out to season ticket holders.

Iirc each school get a negligible number of tickets to the game. These tickets are bought months in advance by scalpers and locals who think their team might get assigned to that site.

The Ags usually get poor treatment by the committee and this year was no exception. Basically get to play a road game in the 1 st round but the Ags played great and the crowd was not a factor. If we are fortunate enough to get to Dallas that venue will have lots of Baylol fans because they bought tickets month ago figuring either Baylol will be there or they will resell the tickets

Iirc the horrible call that cost us a trip to Sweet 16 we were playing UCLA in LA. A little google research March 22nd 2008 in Anaheim CA
jja79
AG
dixichkn said:

Quote:

the terrible destination of Memphis
Is it worse than Des Moines? Provo? Honestly?

You've never been to Provo have you?
Monywolf
Coryhub said:

Nebraska never won a tourney game.. so don't give me about consistency
That's the definition of consistency.
MaroonStain
AG
Corn had more fans and lost. Aggies had less fans, JFF in stands and Ags Win.
threeanout
AG
JJxvi said:

We didn't even try to sell tickets to our fans.
Exactly. It's like TMF penciled us in for a first round loss, or it never crossed their mind we would make the tourney.
PJYoung
AG
bobinator said:

Especially for a team that looked like it had next to no chance at the NCAA tournament looks two weeks ago and was still only like 70/30 on Selection Sunday. And the tournament didn't line up with spring break like it normally does.

Premium says them and 3 other groups called our ticket office Monday and were told they would have nothing for them. Tuesday they called back and got great seats.
PJYoung
AG
txag72 said:

It's not like they are the only university in the state or anything, right? Wonder how many Nebrask rings were in the place? No pro teams, no nothing. Yea, so the whole damn state is "theirs". Hell, what other form of entertainment at all do they have for hundreds of miles? Nothing but corn.

No doubt that's always been a factor. Then again our university is huuuuge. I think over 500k alumni.
Sq 17
threeanout said:

JJxvi said:

We didn't even try to sell tickets to our fans.
Exactly. It's like TMF penciled us in for a first round loss, or it never crossed their mind we would make the tourney.

More likely the TMF thought staff and BMA's would take the whole allotment
Which ii am pretty sure is only a couple hundred tickets
txag72
AG
Welp, there will be plenty of tickets now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.