Day 2....Let's Goooooo!!

10,291 Views | 200 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bobinator
R E L
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TAMUallen said:

JJxvi said:

This is all like just a nightmare lead in to our game

Nah, we're the saviors of the conference! Ags by 15

Tell us the way, Oh wise TAMUallen, first of his name!
TAMUallen
AG
R E L said:

TAMUallen said:

JJxvi said:

This is all like just a nightmare lead in to our game

Nah, we're the saviors of the conference! Ags by 15

Tell us the way, Oh wise TAMUallen, first of his name!

I will need time to determine our future but I'm initially feeling Ags by 6 and Hef has one 3
PascalsWager
AG
Do you think if other fake colleges like Devry institute or University of Phoenix had D1 basketball, then they could've survived like Grand Canyon did?
TAMUallen
AG
PascalsWager said:

Do you think if other fake colleges like Devry institute or University of Phoenix had D1 basketball, then they could've survived like Grand Canyon did?

If they have budget to recruit. They'd kill with NIL. Don't think they come close to being able to cover a program and NIL without the interest/alumni
TyHolden
AG
PascalsWager said:

this is pretty good...

MAROON
AG
PascalsWager said:

So they have over 27k on campus students and something like 18k live on campus. They do have a large on-line and continuing education campus as well. But they're not really a fake college.
Muy
AG
bobinator said:

NColoradoAG said:

Ducking out of the office in an hour and playing 18 to keep the nerves away

Playing golf on a tournament day?! This is unamerican. It's probably treason somehow.

Golf is never treasonous. Never!
dixichkn
AG
Man. I'd almost forgotten how nice it is to enjoy the rest of the day's tourney games when you're not stewing about an Aggie loss
94chem
Across the board, this is the highest quality ball I've seen in the tourney in a long time. Shot-making, athleticism, scoring. Don't know if it's Covid, NIL, transfer portal, or some combination, but the ball has been better.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
TyHolden
AG
Why is St Mary's ranked so high? Who did they beat?
94chem
MAROON said:

PascalsWager said:

So they have over 27k on campus students and something like 18k live on campus. They do have a large on-line and continuing education campus as well. But they're not really a fake college.

Devry did have basketball. In fact, they were on the losing end of the highest scoring game in history to Troy State, who modeled their program after Paul Westhead's Loyola Marymount program.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Troy_State_vs._DeVry_men%27s_basketball_game#:~:text=On%20January%2012%2C%201992%2C%20Troy,have%20established%20several%20unbreakable%20records.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
bobinator
AG
They beat New Mexico, CSU and Gonzaga twice. Good metrics.
94chem
Grand Canyon is a real college. My daughter's friend goes there. They are purple like TCU and Abilene Christian. TCU is Disciples of Christ. ACU is Church of Christ. Grand Canyon is inter-denominational.
94chem,
bobinator
AG
Legit think the block/charge change has made a big impact too. Offenses are a lot more free to attack the basket.

Probably an underappreciated reason that Manny is more effective
TyHolden
AG
bobinator said:

They beat New Mexico, CSU and Gonzaga twice. Good metrics.
and Gonzaga beat St Mary's once and UK once. Who else? I'm not trying to be dick.
bobinator
AG
I mean those are their biggest wins but they're 18 in KenPom. St. Mary's is a good team.
bobinator
AG
They got a little unlucky with this draw because Grand Canyon is one of the best auto bid teams.
TyHolden
AG
bobinator said:

I mean those are their biggest wins but they're 18 in KenPom. St. Mary's is a good team.
that's my point though. why are they 18 in kenpom? what are the metrics and can anybody reproduce it? i'm sure st mary's is a good team and the tourney is single elimination so **** happens. I'd still like to know the magic behind the kenpoms, etc.
bobinator
AG
KenPom is pretty straightforward and just based on offensive and defensive efficiency (points per possession is an easier way to think of efficiency) adjusted for schedule. St. Mary's overall schedule isn't that bad, they just didn't play a lot of high end teams.

I think a big question going into next year is weather Quad 4 games need to be weighted even less, especially in the NET.
bobinator
AG
That was one of the dumber offensive goaltends I've seen
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Got their first NCAAT win before Nebraska
MAROON
AG
Grand Canyon was pretty damn impressive. They can give Bama a game.
TyHolden
Kellso
Highlights of today:
-A&M and Buzz defended the honor of the SEC today.
-Purple Baylor has still never made the Sweet 16
-Nebraska is still winless in the Big Dance
91AggieLawyer
AG
bobinator said:

They got a little unlucky with this draw because Grand Canyon is one of the best auto bid teams.

I think the committee gets a little worse at seeding every year.

Take Nebraska. No-brainer tournament team. Metrics, record, etc. But they shouldn't have been seeded as high (good) as they were. Maybe relegated to a play-in game, although I'll concede that may be pushing it. They're away-from-home record was awful. Somewhat the same with tech. I can't find any good a-f-h wins, although I don't think they should have been seeded lower (worse) than about 8.
bobinator
AG
I dunno, I think any time you start veering too far from the metrics you get into trouble. I think Nebraska's seed was fine. Just ran into a team playing better ball right now and that was nuclear from three.

Grand Canyon's seed is also fine, but it's just unlucky for St Mary's. Most of the auto bid teams are bad but Grand Canyon is good, if their schedule was any good at all they'd have had a chance at an at-large bid.

They did seed some teams weirdly, but not sure those are two of them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.