Time to Jimbo Buzz

12,616 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by phatty26
phatty26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
txag72 said:

Quote:

Quote:

txag72 said:
Season???????

Did I stutter?
What game before this one showed our season is trash?

Vandy arky x 2,
phatty26
Bama blowout
phatty26
I said we make 55 boy I was wrong
Leander - Ag
AG
Culture
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
See ya
Leander - Ag
AG
Culture and books and quotes
sharpdressedman
He gets fired and happily takes the money and runs laughing to the bank and living large the rest of his life. The joke is on us, again.
frenchtoast
A few people have mentioned it elsewhere, but I could see Buzz stepping down after the season on his own. I never thought we'd fire him after this season, but never dreamed of such a collapse.
frenchtoast
William K. Klingaman said:

frenchtoast said:

Are there really people that honestly think Buzz will get fired this season?

I bet you claimed Jimbo wouldn't
I still don't think Buzz will get fired this season.
frenchtoast
frenchtoast said:

A few people have mentioned it elsewhere, but I could see Buzz stepping down after the season on his own. I never thought we'd fire him after this season, but never dreamed of such a collapse.
LOL
LB12Diamond
AG
What a difference a month makes.
OKC~Ag
I like buzz even if this season was less than a success ( well, obviously it is now a different story)

He is so much different than usual coach and certainly unlike jimbo.

Buzz has substance to his character and his approach to his players are just more than his basketball. His players tell you that unique relationship...eventually Buzz will be successful. even in this era of NIL.

frenchtoast
In all fairness, he has had some stretches of head-scratchingly bad play when he shouldn't have. I like him, though, and glad he finally broke through with a tournament win. I suppose we'll have to put up with the rollercoaster every year with him.
tjack16
AG
I was firmly in the "I'm done with Buzz camp unless he wins a game in the NCAA tournament".

So now I'm in the Pro-Buzz camp after last night
Rec
AG
Where did all the bloody tampons go? They are laying in wait for tomorrow…
Josepi
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Seriously… this is pathetic.

Where you at OP?
Time to come back and take your medicine.
rlb28
AG
frenchtoast said:

In all fairness, he has had some stretches of head-scratchingly bad play when he shouldn't have. I like him, though, and glad he finally broke through with a tournament win. I suppose we'll have to put up with the rollercoaster every year with him.

In all fairness, don't talk crap in January when the season doesn't end until March.
Josepi
AG
2nd Generation Ag said:

One of the highest paid coaches and. 1 tournament in 5 years with no tournament wins. If you want him to stay good for you but he is long gone and should be for the money we are paying. With the talent on this team there is no way they make the tournament. I think this team is the least talent he has had

This is another good one. "No way they make the tournament"
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
I'd say we still way underperformed this season. Hopefully they can make a run. Tough game tomorrow but winnable.
Know Your Enemy
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

I'd say we still way underperformed this season. Hopefully they can make a run. Tough game tomorrow but winnable.

Based on preseason expectations we definitely underperformed. But your season will always be judged on the Dance. That's what will be remembered long term.
txag72
AG
Key word here: SEASON

So many fair weather fans now. Sucks bad.
JJxvi
AG
It is now likely that we will finish in the top 40 of the efficiency rankings for the third year in a row. A feat only achieved by the three year period of the 2005-06, 2006-07, and 2007-08 teams.
frenchtoast
It was a weird season for sure. I'm not exactly sure how I'd evaluate it when it's all over in a few weeks.
frenchtoast
txag72 said:

Key word here: SEASON

So many fair weather fans now. Sucks bad.
I don't mind the fair weather fans that are here now so much. The thing that gets under my skin is when posters I've never seen on here before show up only when things are bad, then disappear in the good times. Half the posters on this thread haven't been seen here in a few weeks.
Matt Montgomery
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

What a disappointing season and it's only the first SEC game. Time to start looking for a new coach.

Hahahaha….whatcha think now?
bobinator
AG
There's no question it's been a wild ride. The crazy people that were way off the deep end annoy me obviously but "is this program going a direction we want to go?" was a perfectly legitimate question just like three weeks ago.

Basketball is wild man.
t - cam
AG
I remember this thread popping up and never clicked it because it was sure to make me annoyed. What on earth was soo bad on January 6th that a team coming off a solid non conference and the best SEC record in school history the year before that warranted firing the coach?
JJxvi
AG
They only know football so the only thing they know is W-L record and they are used to 11-0 or 12-1 or whatever being the only acceptable record in non-con
bobinator
AG
Getting our ass kicked on our home floor by LSU was pretty bad, even at the time that felt like a bad sign of where things could be headed.
fatdad84ag
AG
bobinator said:

Getting our ass kicked on our home floor by LSU was pretty bad, even at the time that felt like a bad sign of where things could be headed.

And at the time no one would have imagined LSU going 9-9 in conference either
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Matt Montgomery said:

BeatHellOutOfTU said:

What a disappointing season and it's only the first SEC game. Time to start looking for a new coach.

Hahahaha….whatcha think now?

I don't see Buzz as a coach that can win a championship. Hope he proves me wrong
bobinator
AG
Right, it felt like after limping toward the finish in non con that we got our asses handed to us by an awful team. Definitely one of the lower points of a season that had a few of them,
t - cam
AG
bobinator said:

Right, it felt like after limping toward the finish in non con that we got our asses handed to us by an awful team. Definitely one of the lower points of a season that had a few of them,

Turned out LSU went 9-9 and didn't completely suck.
txag72
AG
Why is it so difficult to support a team you are supposed to love when its down? Do they give attaboy points for giving up publicly the soonest? Look how smart i am. I quit first.
bobinator
AG
The people quick to give up are still better than the ones that wait until we lose to show up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.