Time to Jimbo Buzz

12,863 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by phatty26
BeatHellOutOfTU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well a closer game but still very poor execution.
SWAGBOT
AG
Time to jimbo buzz
MSFC Aggie
AG
This is eerily similar to baseball last year. Highly ranked, with expectation returning players would improveā€¦.yet they have regressed
frenchtoast
Are there really people that honestly think Buzz will get fired this season?
2nd Generation Ag
Buzz get off your ass , take your so called experience staff on the road and raise Money to buy players.

Raise Money , Buy Players, Win Games
Raise Money , But Players, win games.

Kentucky is a must win for the season . Lose that and it's over

Wurk
AG
txag72 said:

Season???????

Aggies have a disease of mediocrity because we are fooled by being almost good enough. The late season runs. The almost winning the SEC tournaments. Almost winning the NIT.

Then you realize Buzz is tied for top 10 highest salaries in CBB with zero SEC titles, zero tourney wins, and underperforming recruiting given resources.

It's time to move on if we are serious about Basketball
William K. Klingaman
Aggie Therapist said:

That's my concern.

I think Aggie Basketball is cannon fodder for BMAs. It's football or bust

Well they've done a bang up job with our football program.
William K. Klingaman
frenchtoast said:

Are there really people that honestly think Buzz will get fired this season?

I bet you claimed Jimbo wouldn't
PhillipGarrett91
Hopefully our Athletic Department with use this + Jimbo to never extend a coach again before they're contract expires
wangus12
AG
God what a depressing year of sports. All my teams had high expectations and all their seasons have fallen apart
Aggie Therapist
AG
Time for outdoor therapy
2nd Generation Ag
It's really interesting that the same things that got Jimbo fired are the same things that Buzz is doing.

Long time loyal assistants that are yes men that cater to his ego that no one else wants

antiquated system in a era of unlimited free agency to play any system you want. More importantly understanding why it's antiquated

Developing a pro basketball scouting model to find the best players at other schools that you can poach with NIL
He would do him good to go visit Elko and see what he is doing

Embracing the portal and understanding how to play to game. See Auburn, See Ole Miss

For a guy that I do think is smart he is putting a ceiling on himself and the program. He doesn't need to be the team that outhustles the other team. He can go out now with NIL and get better players
William K. Klingaman
Get rid of the Socks Bin for anyone taking a charge.
TXAGBQ76
AG
This is sadly humorous. I remember for years how people beat the drums and begged for Buzz to be hired- and anyone who did agree were jumped on. In fact, I recognize 2-3 of those folks on this and other fire Buzz, Buzz ain't the guy, etc. threads.

At any rate,I hope we get it figured out soon- one way or another.
halfastros81
AG
This thread is not worth the paper it isn't written on.
NyAggie
AG
AggieCVQ said:

If we don't make the tournament, you have a tough call as AD.

If we make the tournament, give 1 to 2 years. That makes the most sense. I was on Buzz's side but giving the dude a contract extension after not winning anything was dumb.
I agree with this.

if he fails to make the dance then you have to consider releasing him.

if he makes it then that would be two straight seasons so he would be justified in getting another year.

but, man, failure to make the dance with such an experienced roster is very damning.

LB12Diamond
AG
Three thoughts

Basketball will always be hard here. If we get a great coach, he will jump at a basketball school pretty fast.

Let the season play out.

Funny that Buzz and Jimbo both suck at coaching offense.
greg.w.h
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Three thoughts

Basketball will always be hard here. If we get a great coach, he will jump at a basketball school pretty fast.

Let the season play out.

Funny that Buzz and Jimbo both suck at coaching offense.

One of them was an offensive-minded coachā€¦then there was Buzz.

The four preceding coaches all fell back to emphasizing defense when they couldn't get offense going. I'm not sure Buzz is that different or was sold as being different?
Ag_EE_88
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Something I think we shouldn't care or even be concerned with. Why worry about something that has happened like once in the past 50 years of Aggie Basketball. Why do we get worried about someone getting hired away? Is having a coach that gets hired away somehow worse than hiring a coach that no one wants to hire after they've been here?
NyAggie
AG
Ag_EE_88 said:

LB12Diamond said:

Something I think we shouldn't care or even be concerned with. Why worry about something that has happened like once in the past 50 years of Aggie Basketball. Why do we get worried about someone getting hired away? Is having a coach that gets hired away somehow worse than hiring a coach that no one wants to hire after they've been here?
this

it's a fundamental flaw in the Aggie mentality.

We are paranoid that if we have a good coach he will be hired away, no matter what the sport is.

it's why we gave jimbo guaranteed money and why we extend every freakin coach that has even a decent season.

Aggies are very insecure when it comes to coaches, and I think it's because we are so desperate to be good that fear of losing the good coach we finally have takes over rational thought.

frenchtoast
I didn't, but was surprised at the mid-season firing. I don't get the comparison to football, though, unless there's been some seismic shift at A&M that I'm unaware of.
Texas A&M
I wish I was wrong, but Buzz isn't going anywhere. For a non-basketball school, I'm guessing that the folks in charge are OK with how things are going.
mkelly3362
AG
It is pretty crazy how unpredictable these teams have been. I don't watch enough college basketball to know if this is what most fanbases think about their teams, or if this level of unpredictable is actually unique. Face value it feel inexplicable, marble is out sure but wouldn't think that would make or break us. Wade doesn't even look like the same player...no idea what happened. Never been a great 3pt team but it doesn't seem like we can do anything.

Deputy Travis Junior
Buzz is underperforming bigly and I wish we'd can him, but I can't imagine we'll do that after the Jimbo buyout.

His offense is worse than Jimbo's. Opened conference play with 2 games of sub 30% shooting... It's always been a rock fight offense but we're reaching new lows
LB12Diamond
AG
Never said I was worried about it.

I'm just a realist that we will not have sustained success in basketball.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Seriouslyā€¦ this is pathetic.
Phone bill
Go read some motivational books Buzz!
SWAGBOT
AG
Time to Jimbo Buzz
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Well Tennessee I thought maybe we were turning a corner then this. I think it's time, this is a BAD loss just like LSU
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Seriously it's time ā€¦ if we pull this off or not we are way underperforming
gambochaman
AG
Fire buzz now
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
It's timeā€¦
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Yep.

I'd rather have BK back.
phatty26
Gave up again close on 8 game streak
phatty26
phatty26 said:

Gave up again close on 8 game streak

Danny sprinkle

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.