More info on the program pause

11,783 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DukeMu
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There aren't 60 teams that could flip their entire resume if one game were different. And that comment wasn't even really directed towards you, I was just pointing out how that one game changed our resume so much. It didn't change how bad we sucked at the time.
Proposition Joe
So by "flip our entire resume" you mean bump our RPI from 120 to 100.

Oh and add to that in this scenario flipping the resume isn't "making one more catch" or "hitting one more shot", it's winning a game that we lost by double-digits and led for all of 30 seconds of gametime.

So yeah, had we just won a game we lost by double-digits we might have "flipped our entire resume" from not anywhere close to a bubble team to.... not anywhere close to a bubble team.

March Madness is such a cruel mistress.
greg.w.h
AG
Last year wasn't what I hoped to see. But there was visible progress. I wanted to see change via recruiting and coaching. We saw coaching and I'm satisfied with what I saw. Basketball depends on transformative talent and I would offer we haven't had one of those yet. Closest was Acie.

If Buzz can bring those in and reach second round or later annually we have the right guy. Progress after that will be an improvement.

But seeking to obliterate him this year? Ha.
bobinator
AG
What are you even talking about?

I'm not acting like we should have won the game or that we were actually good and had bad breaks. We sucked. I was just pointing out how big of a difference one game made for our schedule and the way people felt about the team.
Proposition Joe
bobinator said:

What are you even talking about?

I'm not acting like we should have won the game or that we were actually good and had bad breaks. We sucked. I was just pointing out how big of a difference one game made for our schedule and the way people felt about the team.

Any more than winning by a bucket at Auburn did?
bobinator
AG
Again, that's not really my point here. Im not trying to say we were a rebound away from glory or anything. I was responding to the guy who was "granting" that we laid an egg in Orlando, and my point is that Orlando was the whole egg. Without that, we don't have any bad losses last season. Nobody outside the like five people that post here would have cared much that we barely scraped by a bunch of other bad teams.

Our improvement later in the season wouldn't have seemed nearly as impressive without how bad we were that weekend.
Method Man
NET ranking is the most important thing in basketball
Proposition Joe
bobinator said:

Again, that's not really my point here. Im not trying to say we were a rebound away from glory or anything. I was responding to the guy who was "granting" that we laid an egg in Orlando, and my point is that Orlando was the whole egg. Without that, we don't have any bad losses last season. Nobody outside the like five people that post here would have cared much that we barely scraped by a bunch of other bad teams.

Our improvement later in the season wouldn't have seemed nearly as impressive without how bad we were that weekend.

greg.w.h
AG
Method Man said:

NET ranking is the most important thing in basketball
It's used as one input. See WBB.
Hop
Staff
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I guess we just have different definitions of laying an egg. Sure, we outdid "preseason conference predictions"

So in retrospect, had you just known the definition of "laying an egg", we wouldn't be having this three-day discussion about semantics.

bobinator
AG
There's nothing else to talk about so if semantics is all we have it's all we have. Hell I almost started a thread about the women's team earlier.
Mikeyshooter
AG
bobinator said:

There's nothing else to talk about so if semantics is all we have it's all we have. Hell I almost started a thread about the women's team earlier.

Ok now that's crazy talk!
Proposition Joe
It's weird how some posters will label preseason conference predictions as the gospel or as bunk (or even as a grand conspiracy theory from the other coaches in the conference) as it fits their needs.
Hop
Staff
AG
I think it's weird that you think "laying an egg" means something other than abject failure.

JPAggie2010
AG
This thread just might have to replace my Aggie bball entertainment for now... go on
MarcAg
AG
Proposition Joe said:

It's weird how some posters will label preseason conference predictions as the gospel or as bunk (or even as a grand conspiracy theory from the other coaches in the conference) as it fits their needs.

I always loved the theory that coaches and media wanted to screw over Kennedy and A&M in his first year and that's why A&M was picked so high.
greg.w.h
AG
bobinator said:

Don't do that. They're having a transcendent year. But it's just women's BB after all...
DukeMu

There's a 10-13% positivity rate on campus. IIWII

There should be no face 2 face classes until April (protect our ballers!)
DukeMu
Hop said:

I think it's weird that you think "laying an egg" means something other than abject failure.

Could be a golden egg.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.