Caruso - Lakers

43,473 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wacarnolds
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Was Lebron expecting the star on the team to lob him the rock in that situation?
I know it's not a serious post but I honestly think he was jumping in celebration of the pending Bald Mamba jam as was Dwight Howard behind the play. They get super fired up when Alex does something good. It's making me actually start to like those guys.
Know Your Enemy
AG
LeBron called Caruso the GOAT

https://instagr.am/p/B69_kO1gzFW
AggieBlu
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B2YDuJZlXrK
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
GrayMatter
AG
Quote:

They get super fired up when Alex does something good. It's making me actually start to like those guys.
That's called respect. They respect that he came up from the NBDL and has worked for everything that he's gotten. They're starting to understand what we've known while he was here.

Every championship caliber team has a player like Alex that understands, accepts and excels at his role on the team.
expresswrittenconsent
GrayMatter said:

Quote:

They get super fired up when Alex does something good. It's making me actually start to like those guys.
That's called respect. They respect that he came up from the NBDL and has worked for everything that he's gotten. They're starting to understand what we've known while he was here.

Every championship caliber team has a player like Alex that understands, accepts and excels at his role on the team.
BBDP
AG
https://es.pn/2N4SVNQ
DukeMu
BBDP said:

https://es.pn/2N4SVNQ

Hi Res look at the Caru-Sho

GrayMatter
AG
Holding steady in the top 10!

iceman08
AG
Bald Eagle
BBDP
AG
Was the main headline on the ESPN app:
The best of Alex Caruso
Take a look at some of Alex Caruso's best moments as a Laker including fancy finishes, dunks, and more.
View Now
https://es.pn/2uCgNCl
Iowaggie
AG
Moving up

BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
More of the same.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/16/lakers-alex-caruso-all-star-votes-russell-westbrook-stephen-curry/
Ag-in-a-Box
AG
Apparently he's a big fan of English soccer team Manchester City and will be doing an interview on the Men in Blazers show next week. They are taking questions that are emailed to the show.
expresswrittenconsent
Ah yes, English soccer. I always wondered if he was partial to English soccer.
johnnyblaze36
AG

PatAg
AG
Learned his lesson, lobbed it up for lebron this time
mazzag
AG
What lesson did he learn? Lebron passed Bryant for 3rd all time scoring. Maybe he helped a teammate out?
Pumpkinhead
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/2020/01/lakers-derrick-rose-trade-alex-caruso/amp/

Reports that pistons were willing to trade Derrick Rose to Lakers in exchange for Caruso and a 2nd round draft pick, and the Lakers turned it down,
12thmanfootball
AG

Could a team of Carusos go 82-0????
Know Your Enemy
AG
12thmanfootball said:

Could a team of Carusos go 82-0????

Holy **** that was hilarious. Those uniforms.
PatAg
AG
It's a joke, genius. The previous highlight was of Caruso dunking in that scenario, and LeBron jumping like he expected the alley oop. Plenty people jokes about needing to set LeBron up if he wanted to stay on the team.

It's somewhat sad that it needed to be explained, perhaps you aren't familiar with LeBron and his need to always be the center of attention?
Aston04
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/2020/01/lakers-derrick-rose-trade-alex-caruso/amp/

Reports that pistons were willing to trade Derrick Rose to Lakers in exchange for Caruso and a 2nd round draft pick, and the Lakers turned it down,
Smart- Caruso is a glue player who defends. They are already have plenty of guys who want the basketball. Rose would be a ticking time bomb in LA.
greg.w.h
AG
Aston04 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Smart- Caruso is a glue player who defends. They are already have plenty of guys who want the basketball. Rose would be a ticking time bomb in LA.
Since I am a Mavs fan, I think Rose pairs nicely with Rondo...
DukeMu

Michael Cera Palin
AG
I love the whole team doing the "headband" signal
AggieKatie2
AG
Only 8 minutes tonight?!?!
Ex-liberalag12
He missed too many 3's tonight and prolly why he got pulled twice too early tonight.
Gig'em
uneedastraw
I don't think the reason was he missed too many 3's. Danny green and KCP went a combined 2-7 at the 3 point line and had similar stats to Caruso....yet they each received over 20 minutes.

Green 1-4 (all 3's) 3 points and 23 minutes
KCP 3-5 (1-3 from 3) 7 points and 28 minutes
Caruso 3-6 (0-3 from 3) 6 points and 8 minutes

The coach refuses to give caruso a fair shot for some reason.

Now that they've just signed Morris, I'm curious to see what happens to Caruso's already minimal playing time.
BBDP
AG
DukeMu said:

Jarrin' Jay
AG
It seems that way and certainly we would all like him to get much more PT. However, there are plenty of games where he gets the most minutes of anyone on the bench and some games where he gets more PT than a starter. it just seems to ebb and flow. When you are not a starter you may play 6-8, you may play 20-24.

Vogel has effusive praise for Caruso and talks about how important he is, they did not trade him, and he is a regular contributor. If I was a Lakers super fan I would want Caruso playing enough that he would be the 6th man award winner (if that is still a thing), not to win the award but because he probably should be the #1 guy off the bench and getting the most minutes off the bench every game IMHO.

The important thing is for Caruso to continue to maximize his opportunity and stay humble. He has so many great highlights and a cult following (I own a Bald Mamba shirt), but his value is in defense, hustle, assists, and ball circulation when he is on the floor. He is having fun but needs to guard against trying to get too "showtime", he just needs to play his game and not get too caught up in being part of the Lakeshow. The "assist" to LeBron clip shown above, he should have just taken it to the rack and scored. Great highlight w/ LeBron, but if they mess up that play and lose by 1 or 2, that would really make a coach angry.

DDowl44
AG
I think he will be trade bait next season since his contract expires. If I'm the Mav's I can imagine him coming off the bench to relieve Luka. He will be in demand as a FA for sure. And he has stayed relatively healthy so, he can be picky about where to go and decide on what he wants, $, PT, or wins and what team offers the best chance at all 3.
----------------------------------------------------
I cannot fiddle but I can build a great state from a small city-Themistocles

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2009
Titan 20
uneedastraw
Living in SoCal, I follow the lakers more than I would normally.

The coach talks about caruso kindly but you can just tell he is giving "coach speak". He uses caruso For more than 14 minutes a game only when he absolutely has to (Other options are failing) - like there is something behind the scenes preventing him to give caruso a shot over other players for regular time.

Danny green and KCP have done nothing to deserve a 10+ minute a game playing time advantage over Caruso. Rhondo has been a failure and kuzma has been given so many opportunities and not taken advantage of most. Yet the coach sticks with those guys. Now that they've added another roster piece, it's pretty obvious The coach wants to do everything he can to not have to rely on caruso as a Significant contributor.

PatAg
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

It seems that way and certainly we would all like him to get much more PT. However, there are plenty of games where he gets the most minutes of anyone on the bench and some games where he gets more PT than a starter. it just seems to ebb and flow. When you are not a starter you may play 6-8, you may play 20-24.

Vogel has effusive praise for Caruso and talks about how important he is, they did not trade him, and he is a regular contributor. If I was a Lakers super fan I would want Caruso playing enough that he would be the 6th man award winner (if that is still a thing), not to win the award but because he probably should be the #1 guy off the bench and getting the most minutes off the bench every game IMHO.

The important thing is for Caruso to continue to maximize his opportunity and stay humble. He has so many great highlights and a cult following (I own a Bald Mamba shirt), but his value is in defense, hustle, assists, and ball circulation when he is on the floor. He is having fun but needs to guard against trying to get too "showtime", he just needs to play his game and not get too caught up in being part of the Lakeshow. The "assist" to LeBron clip shown above, he should have just taken it to the rack and scored. Great highlight w/ LeBron, but if they mess up that play and lose by 1 or 2, that would really make a coach angry.

Except making LeBron happy is the #1 thing any player can do to stay on a team with LeBron.
Aston04
AG
uneedastraw said:

Living in SoCal, I follow the lakers more than I would normally.

The coach talks about caruso kindly but you can just tell he is giving "coach speak". He uses caruso For more than 14 minutes a game only when he absolutely has to (Other options are failing) - like there is something behind the scenes preventing him to give caruso a shot over other players for regular time.

Danny green and KCP have done nothing to deserve a 10+ minute a game playing time advantage over Caruso. Rhondo has been a failure and kuzma has been given so many opportunities and not taken advantage of most. Yet the coach sticks with those guys. Now that they've added another roster piece, it's pretty obvious The coach wants to do everything he can to not have to rely on caruso as a Significant contributor.

I think the lack of faith is because of Alex's relative difficulty with creating and shooting wide open looks. It's hard to wrap one's head around that he still is a very valuable piece out there. But the +/- tells the story- he is very valuable.
Iowaggie
AG
PatAg said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

Except making LeBron happy is the #1 thing any player can do to stay on a team with LeBron.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.