Caruso - Lakers

43,265 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wacarnolds
DukeMu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Caruso had 10 points in 20 min of play last night with 6 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals in the Lakers 123-101 pre-season slamming of the GSSJW. +17 on +/1. Nice stat sheet stuffing.

Aston04
AG
Caruso should be playing over Rondo. Hopefully, their coaching staff eventually makes the switch!
LukeDuke
AG
Aston04 said:

Caruso should be playing over Rondo. Hopefully, their coaching staff eventually makes the switch!
Agreed. He did not start until the 2nd half...did not share the floor with the starters at all.
DD88
AG
DukeMu said:

Caruso had 10 points in 20 min of play last night with 6 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals in the Lakers 123-101 pre-season slamming of the GSSJW. +17 on +/1. Nice stat sheet stuffing.

The Warriors should just relocate to San Jose to make it official.
94 Killer
AG
Had a nice outing yesterday overseas: 11 points, 2 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals, and a block in 22 minutes of play. But he did have 4 turnovers. More importantly he was 3-4 from 3. At this point it looks like he's the #3 PG, but we all know that Rondo tends to miss extended periods of time every season at this point in his career.
greg.w.h
AG
The Warriors did relocate...to brand-new Chase Center in San Francisco from Oakland...
DukeMu

Caruso with a game high 8 assists to go with 11 points on thursday night against the Nets.
Isaih Smollett
but went 1/13 this morning
LawHall88
AG
Took a "DNP - Coaches Decision" on opening night.
Know Your Enemy
AG
LawHall88 said:

Good friend is a huge Lakers fan. He said Alex is not 100% right now. That could be why he didn't play. Plus not necessarily a good matchup for him.
Pumpkinhead
AG
LawHall88 said:

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-injury-updates-kyle-kuzma-will-not-play-against-clippers-alex-caruso-listed-as-day-to-day-with-bone-contusion-in-pelvis/2019/10/20/

Caruso is apparently 'day to day' due to bone contusion in pelvis. They held out Kyle Kuzma as well due to an injury issue.
GrayMatter
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

LawHall88 said:

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-injury-updates-kyle-kuzma-will-not-play-against-clippers-alex-caruso-listed-as-day-to-day-with-bone-contusion-in-pelvis/2019/10/20/

Caruso is apparently 'day to day' due to bone contusion in pelvis. They held out Kyle Kuzma as well due to an injury issue.
Alex had an awkward fall going up for a layup in the last pre-season game. He didn't return to the game after the fall. Hopefully he can give it a go soon.
LawHall88
AG
Played 20 minutes in Game 2.
Know Your Enemy
AG
1-0 when Caruso plays. 0-1 when he doesn't. Coincidence? I think not.
DukeMu
LawHall88 said:

Played 20 minutes in Game 2.

It's the big feet and hands, girlfriend. Is that name Italian or Latino?
Aston04
AG
Junkhead said:

1-0 when Caruso plays. 0-1 when he doesn't. Coincidence? I think not.
I know I'm biased. But I think Caruso is a really great "glue" guy for the Lakers. The other guards know if they work their a** off like Caruso, he's coming for their minutes.

Not sure the Lakers can sustain that intensity over 81 games, but they were playing hard defensively against Utah for a NBA team in the regular season. Impressed.

And even on a night where Caruso didn't "stuff the stat sheet"... He still had a great +/-. Guys seem to really like playing with him.
zip90
AG
Having a great night tonight

Been in 8 minutes so far, and has 5 pts 1 block 1 steal 1 assist with a +15 while in
DukeMu
zip90 said:

Having a great night tonight

Been in 8 minutes so far, and has 5 pts 1 block 1 steal 1 assist with a +15 while in
+17 +/- to finish in 13 minutes. 1 steal. 1 block. LAL now 2-1
Pumpkinhead
AG
Carlo4
AG
https://twitter.com/ACFRESH21STAN
BBDP
AG
Nice dunk against the Mavs!
wacarnolds
AG
BBDP said:

Nice dunk against the Mavs!

he kilt em i seen it
mazzag
AG
Aston04
AG
Wildly entertaining game last night. Felt like a playoff game. Weird becoming a Lakers fan.
Method Man
I'll root for Caruso but not the Lakers.
DukeMu
Never underestimate the Balding Mamba.
Aston04
AG
Method Man said:

I have no NBA loyalty at this point (used to be a mavs fans years ago when lived there)- so easy for me to start rooting for them. Especially this version of Lebron. He wants another ring and is working his a** off.

Howard is also playing with renewed purpose.
DukeMu

Caruso-fest compilation:

zooguy96
Aston04 said:

Method Man said:

I have no NBA loyalty at this point (used to be a mavs fans years ago when lived there)- so easy for me to start rooting for them. Especially this version of Lebron. He wants another ring and is working his a** off.

Howard is also playing with renewed purpose.
Eff Lebron. He hand picks his teams. I want him to lose every game he plays. He is what is wrong with sports. Plus, politically, he's a dumbass.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
mdanyc03
AG
[He is what is wrong with sports. ]

He's undeniably one of the greatest of all time, a devoted father and philanthropist.

Yeah, that's totally what is wrong with sports.
zooguy96
mdanyc03 said:

He's undeniably one of the greatest of all time, a devoted father and philanthropist.

His attitude is that he's better than everyone. He doesn't really show any humility.

Plus, his recent comments on Hong Kong were devoid of actual thought process.

That's great that he's a devoted father. However, what he shows in the media is mostly no bueno.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
expresswrittenconsent
zooguy96 said:

mdanyc03 said:

His attitude is that he's better than everyone. He doesn't really show any humility.

That's great that he's a devoted father. However, what he shows in the media is mostly no bueno.

You keep moving the goalposts on why he sucks. First it was some BS about choosing teams. Then it was his lack of humility. Now it is his Hong Kong comments.
You come off as transparent and hypocritical as LBJ did with his Hong Kong/Morey comments.
GrayMatter
AG
Gonna sway this back to Caruso since anything else seems irrelevant.

Looking at last night's MPG against the Spurs, he got more minutes than Cook and Vogel seems to trust Caruso in the 4th quarter.

Caruso is a heady player and has a high basketball IQ which doesn't always come up in conversations.
Pumpkinhead
AG
zooguy96 said:

mdanyc03 said:

Need to consider this:
Quote:

James, Anthony Davis, Kyle Kuzma and Rajon Rondo to name a few had appearances canceled. One Lakers player, sources told ESPN, had agreed to a $1 million endorsement deal with a Chinese company prior to the trip. When he arrived poof it was gone. A seven-figure payday went out the window.

So while I agree that LeBron's comments later were poorly presented and thought through, if you put yourselves in the Laker's players shoes, they were the ones who were going to China to play those exhibition games with money opportunities set up, and then the Rockets GM decides to send a tweet just a couple days before...and they lost money because of it. While Morey is just sitting back in Houston with his deleted tweet. So they were pissed. And yeah there is all the political stuff and China and Hong Kong etc. outside the world of basketball, but for them at the time it was probably mostly a 'So Morey tweeted that and I lost a million bucks because of it?' kind of reaction.

Texas A&M

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.