*** Recruiting Related To 2019-2020 Roster ***

48,991 Views | 226 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DukeMu
gig them
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LawHall88 said:

Loading up on guards.

... we don't need guards, unless someone else is gone

so i guess someone else is gone
DeangeloVickers
AG
Wearing #11 on the trip today
Bachelor99
AG
gig them said:

LawHall88 said:

Loading up on guards.

we need everything....overall, we need a serious talent infusion so if buzz thinks these guys give us that and make us better so be it. Trust Buzz!
J_Landes89
AG

J_Landes89
AG
Duck Sausage
AG
Boom! 4X!
phorizt
gig them said:

LawHall88 said:

Loading up on guards.

We just won 14 games, fired our coach and barely have enough guys on scholarship to have a starting lineup with scholarship players. We need everything. Especially guards who can shoot. In Buzz's 12 years as a HC I'm not sure he's had more than 1 guy on his roster over 6'8" a couple of times at Marquette and never at VT. He runs an extreme guard oriented system. His roster this year at VT consisted of the following(as listed on the VT website):

Forwards: 1
G/F: 3
Guards: 8

but in a coaching change there will probably be someone else gone too.
JJxvi
AG
Anything going on?
CypressAg09
AG
I'm sure there will be some attrition from the current team. Love the recruiting pickups, hopefully we can add some bigs!
JJxvi
AG
IBT "Buzz cant recruit Texas players"
greg.w.h
AG
JJxvi said:

IBT "Buzz cant recruit Texas players"

Shelby couldn't either but that was a different day...
Aggie_Brad
ccrouch001 said:

It is so nice to have basketball recruiting news!

....but it didn't come from Logan. Anybody seen Logan?
Morpholino
AG
We good then.
gig them
AG
phorizt said:

gig them said:

LawHall88 said:

Loading up on guards.

We just won 14 games, fired our coach and barely have enough guys on scholarship to have a starting lineup with scholarship players. We need everything. Especially guards who can shoot. In Buzz's 12 years as a HC I'm not sure he's had more than 1 guy on his roster over 6'8" a couple of times at Marquette and never at VT. He runs an extreme guard oriented system. His roster this year at VT consisted of the following(as listed on the VT website):

Forwards: 1
G/F: 3
Guards: 8

but in a coaching change there will probably be someone else gone too.

this is a fair point. i think i'm just shocked that after all of this we still don't have a backup for Nebo.

But mannn this is a fun and exciting night
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Hell yes
Not a Bot
zooguy96
We skrong den!!!!
expresswrittenconsent
Nice
Aston04
AG
VA tech fans got to be angry. But that's basketball these days. Recruiting is especially chaotic now.

(edit) Update: As suspected- they angry...

https://247sports.com/college/virginia-tech/Board/59428/Contents/Andre-Gordon-follows-Buzz-131180267/

Also, spreading false rumors...

Quote:

He told numerous recruits/potential transfers he they had a scholarship no matter what and he would run off a majority of the A&M roster if he had to.
(nevermind we had a boat load of open spots without running off needed.... Hell we had 2 walkons on scholarship last year.
sincereag
It just shows you that recruiting is mainly about relationships. Can't blame these kids for switching when the coach leaves for another school.
Double Diamond
Double Diamond
Buzz went to the sweet 16 last year with one big man used. Get used to small ball.
AggieDPT
AG
Pumpkinhead
AG
An Andre Gordon 360 degree dunk in a game couple of months ago.

PatAg
AG
So are any of these guys good?
CypressAg09
AG
Aston04 said:

VA tech fans got to be angry. But that's basketball these days. Recruiting is especially chaotic now.

(edit) Update: As suspected- they angry...

https://247sports.com/college/virginia-tech/Board/59428/Contents/Andre-Gordon-follows-Buzz-131180267/

Also, spreading false rumors...

Quote:

He told numerous recruits/potential transfers he they had a scholarship no matter what and he would run off a majority of the A&M roster if he had to.
(nevermind we had a boat load of open spots without running off needed.... Hell we had 2 walkons on scholarship last year.

Serious Lee
Know Your Enemy
AG
PatAg said:

So are any of these guys good?

No, they all suck.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Few nuggets from Gabe-Logan conversations on Radio this morning about the Saturday commits.

- Gordon and Jackson are exceptionally athletic. Note: Gordon is a two-sport athlete and appears to have been a pretty decent dual threat QB prospect.

- Jackson has a 45" vertical. Didn't show at JUCO level to be a very good shooter percentage wise though current form looks okay. As mentioned is an exceptional athlete and can create his own shot and make plays and is a terror if in the open court. Actually played PG at JUCO level and was very good defensively (already shown to play hard on that end).

- McNeilly is one of the top high school players out of Canada, and has been on the national recruiting service's radar for a long time, was playing in U17 circuit in 8th grade. Early NBA draft entry down the road not out of the question, but he will probably be in College Station for at least 2-3 years. Not as good an athlete as Gordon or Jackson but is a very intelligent scorer and shoots it well from long range - (Note: My own take on McNeilly thus far if comparing to a former Aggie player - I'd go with maybe an Elston Turner comparison. Shooting guard with good size who won't wow you athletically but really knows how to shoot and get buckets)

- Yeezy (The Turkey kid) - Very skilled shooting, dribbling, passing. Not particularly athletic, however, he is also 6'8" which helps mitigate that some. Needs lots of time in weight room to fill out more. (Note: IMO this is the most questionable of the 4 recruits on Saturday - Love Gordon, McNeilly, and Jackon pickups but with regards to this Turkish kid, I'll admit I have visions of Dan Alexander and Eric Vila dancing in my head here - But also Buzz Williams took a commit from this kid not only once at V-Tech but then a second time after coming to A&M. So Buzz clearly likes him and I'll trust in that for now and wait and see).
phorizt
Yeezy looks much quicker and explosive athletically than either Dan or Eric. But also not nearly as tall as either.

Theres also another top 2020 kid who may reclassify that was likely going to end up at VT with Buzz so we have a great shot if he does decide to sign in this class.
LawHall88
AG

Know Your Enemy
AG
LawHall88 said:

Pumpkinhead
AG
Junkhead said:

LawHall88 said:

Buzz loaded up so much on guards this Saturday...Gordon, McNeilly, Jackson...all three of those guys are combo-guard types...I have been wondering how much the roster is going to look more squeezed out in Wheeler's eyes. Either Wheeler buys into Buzz or he doesn't. Obviously Gordon, McNeilly, Jackson, and 'Yeezy' kid had already bought in to Buzz and his staff so was a quick decision for those guys.

Makes sense that Prohm at Iowa State might be in play because he is off the Kennedy coaching tree and a really good friend of BK.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Buzz plays lots of guards and Wheeler is a pure PG. Most of those guys are combos,
Gap
AG
We really need Wheeler. PG's like him aren't common. He is a skilled kid with a great work ethic. He and his family bought into A&M. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't end up at A&M.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.