*** Recruiting Related To 2019-2020 Roster ***

48,826 Views | 226 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DukeMu
mdanyc03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I mean, I am perfectly comfortable saying it is a fact. Some facts are demonstrated empirically. That is impossible in this case as there just would be no way to do a randomized controlled trial. Some facts are self evident and demonstrated via simple logic. Unless you have a reasonable logical argument for how part time college basketball can be better for development than full time professional basketball. I don't think you can.
Know Your Enemy
AG
You keep saying "part time" but it doesn't have to be that for a grad student. Their hours requirement isn't the same as an undergrad. And even undergrads don't need to go to class in the spring to be eligible to play. Plus they can practice and work on their game as much as they want. They have access to the practice courts 24/7. Do you really think G League players spend 4-5 hours a day working with coaches? I'm not saying the coaching isn't better in the G League. My only point is that it's not necessarily a 100% proven FACT that a player will be better by going to the G League instead of playing another year of college ball. Also like I said there are several other positives to offer by staying in school.
mdanyc03
AG
Sure there are several other positives to staying in school. That is why it is a personal decision and I won't say that a certain guy made a good or bad choice. It's personal preference.

But I think it is pretty obvious to any reasonable observer that from a purely developmental standpoint that G League is clearly better. Better competition, more game time, more practice time, professional environment with other people trying to make a living.
Know Your Enemy
AG
DJ Hogg working out with Jalen Wilson and RJ Hampton.

miller0926
AG
Goose said:

It's at Drive Nation's facility just south of DFW airport. (2550 Rental Car Dr., Irving, TX. 75261)

Here's the link to the schedule: https://www.d1circuit.com/dallas2019[url=https://www.d1circuit.com/dallas2019][/url]

I will probably go. I went last year and it was one of the coolest experiences as a college basketball fan with all the big time recruits and every head coach imaginable walking right by you. I asked Hop on premium if they were thinking about going to do some interviews and Hop replied "it was a possibility" (I saw Kentucky, Nova, and Baylor reporters there last year).
LawHall88
AG
2019 SG from Florida:

Gap
AG
An analysis on Glover from Aidan Curran about a week ago:

Quote:

Glover, from Florida, recently picked up an offer from Oregon and Wake Forest, in addition to his offer from the Hoyas. He is best known for his dunking ability, which is quite impressive at just 6'5, but aside from that, Glover has work to do to become a go-to option on offense, as he lacks creative dribbling ability and is more of a one-cut-and-go type player right now. Defensively, Glover is mostly a non-factor who occasionally gets a flashy block using his impressive leaping ability. With better effort, he could become more of a defensive force for his team, especially out on the perimeter.
LawHall88
AG
There are probably not any sure things left in the 2019 recruiting class at this point, but maybe there is a Dominique Kirk still available just hoping for a good opportunity. Glover has some decent offers:
Quote:

A 6-foot-5 shooting guard, Glover is ranked the 213th best player in the 2019 class. He has recently seen his recruitment take off, however. Over the past week alone, Glover has received offers from Oregon, Georgetown, Wake Forest and Portland. Previously, Glover had been focused on Georgia, Memphis, Fordham and Florida Atlantic. All four have also offered.
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Niven-Glover-Oregon-Basketball-Recruiting--132301589/
LawHall88
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
Did the tweet get deleted? I don't see anything.
LawHall88
AG
Junkhead said:

Did the tweet get deleted? I don't see anything.
Apparently. It said Mahan was transferring to UCF.
LawHall88
AG
game
No worries. Buzz will get it going.
game
DukeMu
Sorry - just need a comprehensive update.

What is the A&M Complete (as of today) A&M Roster for next year? Thx.

DukeMu
Damn, just saw the Blackshear news - defecting to the Gators.
DukeMu
Soul crushing - I knew Duke was out of the picture.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/adding-kerry-blackshear-a-game-changer-for-mike-white-and-florida/

Welp. There goes from near worst to near first in the SEC. We're potentially a bubble team.

Pumpkin - current expected roster?
aggiejohn
AG
Basketball roster:
1) Mitchell
2) Nebo
3) Flagg
4) Starks
5) Chandler
6) Emanuel Miller
7) Quenton Jackson
8) Yeezy Gultekin
9) Cashius McNeilly
10) Andre Gordon
11)
12)
13)

Maybe pursuing a couple later 2019 qualifiers, but also likely saving a few for the 2020 prospects they're hustling after.
DukeMu
aggiejohn said:

Basketball roster:
1) Mitchell
2) Nebo
3) Flagg
4) Starks
5) Chandler
6) Emanuel Miller
7) Quenton Jackson
8) Yeezy Gultekin
9) Cashius McNeilly
10) Andre Gordon
11)
12)
13)

Maybe pursuing a couple later 2019 qualifiers, but also likely saving a few for the 2020 prospects they're hustling after.
Thanks - Cashius is probably ready to play. Need someone to help and sub for Nebo and rebound. Miller and Gultekin are stretch forwards. Yavuz is a Euroball guy with a Euroball game. I think Buzz will be able to mentor a Euroball player much better than BK.

Need another big, though for SEC play.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.