More of the same...

3,882 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Buford T. Justice
TMF
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
greg.w.h said:

TMF said:

Might as well check out from Aggie basketball for a few years. Nobody with money cares about winning and will let him play out his contract.

The team represents us and I still enjoy watching. I am not suggesting pulling back from supporting will solve the problem. When Sharp becomes convinced we are missing out on revenue he might agitate for change. But he undoubtedly approved this deal and he's not that well known for admitting being wrong...

Just saying there is no point in any of us venting or being upset. If it makes you upset just step away. I have accepted **** basketball until further notice.
greg.w.h
AG
TMF said:

greg.w.h said:

TMF said:

Might as well check out from Aggie basketball for a few years. Nobody with money cares about winning and will let him play out his contract.

The team represents us and I still enjoy watching. I am not suggesting pulling back from supporting will solve the problem. When Sharp becomes convinced we are missing out on revenue he might agitate for change. But he undoubtedly approved this deal and he's not that well known for admitting being wrong...

Just saying there is no point in any of us venting or being upset. If it makes you upset just step away. I have accepted **** basketball until further notice.

I understand. The perspective I'm offering is supporting the team is not necessarily about winning. It's more about supporting student athletes representing us. I try to avoid directly addressing presumed individual athlete shortcomings other than to encourage them to get fundamentals fixed and cooperate with the coaches. That's in my control how I respond to them.
Deputy Travis Junior
GrayMatter said:

I'm gonna sell on that one. Starks is our best player. He is the only one who can consistently get to the bucket without needing a screen. He's a terrific one on one player and is a scorer. He makes bone headed moves but when we need a bucket, he's our guy. It was because of him that we tied the game in the first half. Notice how our ball movement stopped when he left the game. He needed a breather towards the end of the first half when the score was tied. While on the bench, their lead ballooned to double digits.
Starks makes 5+ offensive plays/game that would cause most coaches to bench him for a month. No doubt he has a lot of talent, but until he begins to take the mental aspect of basketball -- i.e. the aspect that teaches it's an awful decision to take a half court 3 with 20+ left on the shot clock or drive into a double/triple team -- at least semi-seriously, he's going to continue to be what he's mostly been here: a massively inefficient net negative who has occasional flashes of greatness.

Quote:

Starks may have issues here and there, but he is fearless going to the hole and we really really need that kind of energy.
The "bad play to good play caused by his energy" ratio is probably at least 3-4 to 1.
Bocephus
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

the team woefully under-performed last year but had a glorious win vs. UNC that bought a trip to the sweet 16.

That still doesn't make up for multiple months of frustration. It was a nice cherry on top of a very underwhelming season.

But the S16 trip meant notoriety to the layman and probably those that write checks so that's all it took to forget what was a crappy overall season that came nowhere close to meeting expectations.

And so we continue, hoping on some upcoming "great" recruiting class and struggling through other seasons because no semblance of an actual program has been established.

Bingo!!
AggieTFA06
AG
This is the Billy Kennedy brand of ball I'm used to. It's where losing is the norm. How long will we tolerate this?
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
zooguy96
AggieTFA06 said:

This is the Billy Kennedy brand of ball I'm used to. It's where losing is the norm. How long will we tolerate this?

Unfortunately, probably another 2-3 years. Admin doesn't care about BB.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I'm going to go Herm Edwards here...

Hello!!....did you actually think that things would change?

JDay
Bocephus
AG
Gotta be up by 20 at the half when they can't hit a shot. Knew the shots would eventually fall in the second and we would lose. Glad I'll be in Vegas on Friday and will be able to profit on BK's sucking
vettmaster99
AG
Not that it matters to anyone in the AD, but I don't think I'll be going to another game until a change is made. See y'all in a few years.
Sorry Your Girl Lost. CNN is the enemy of the people and should be treated as such. Orange man bad.
King Xerxes
AG
Sadly, I second your opinion. Not worth the investment of time or money.
Bocephus
AG
I told myself I wouldn't even watch games this year yet here I am getting pissed
DukeMu
Same as it ever was.
Post removed:
by user
Aston04
AG
Bocephus said:

I told myself I wouldn't even watch games this year yet here I am getting pissed
same here. Love basketball, can't help it. Bk has destroyed entertainment value for the team for almost a decade. Even the 2 really good teams weren't much fun because we play so dumb.
bwmammoth
AG
Wasted season!
Buford T. Justice
AG
I'm going to follow the women's team.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.