Attendance Last Weekend

4,126 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TexAg15
Hop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
A&M filled up about a third of its allotment at Charlotte on Friday. Lipscomb filled up their entire allotment. Maryland Baltimore County brought twice as many fans as A&M.

Things will change this weekend as I hear the donors are snapping up LA tickets. Crowd shouldn't be a factor this weekend like it was with UNC.

Confucius
I think the Gonzaga/FSU fans will also be pulling for us to knock out the higher seed (and that FSU wants blood revenge in the Elite 8)
mazzag
AG
Crowds didn't seem to be a factor. Maybe a let down, but not a factor.
mazzag
AG
We're the second closest school in miles to LA. 285 miles less than Gonzaga. They have to fly too.
miller0926
AG
Of the 8 schools in Charlotte, we easily had the least fans in attendance. I'm thinking we had maybe 300
Method Man
And it didn't matter.
EKG1996
AG
Yeah the fan support in Charlotte was disappointing.

Having less fans than Providence was surprising to me.
Know Your Enemy
AG
People didn't go because Starks doesn't play defense.
Not a Bot
AG
Wasn't an ideal location given we just played a bowl game there. I think had it been somewhere a little bit more interesting, more people might have gone. That, and I guarantee you most people didn't think we were going to do very well and didn't want to fly back to Charlotte for more disappointment.
PatAg
AG
EKG1996 said:

Considering how the season went, and the location, anyone surprised we had a low turnout is delusional
Method Man
Junkhead said:

EKG1996
AG
PatAg said:

EKG1996 said:

Considering how the season went, and the location, anyone surprised we had a low turnout is delusional

I guess I'm delusional. Providence has about 4,000 students. We have 68,000. Just thought we could at least match them.

Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Look, most Aggies don't care about basketball. But that will change after our championship this year.
BCG Disciple
AG
I'm on record of turning down the trip because I couldn't find the motivation to support this team. I missed Aggie history because of it. Also missed the only 16 over 1 seed.
mikesyracuse1
Those of us in the Aggie section had a great time. We enjoyed our time in Charlotte and Sunday's game was a blast. The large NC crowd were just waiting to explode and they never got a chance.

Mikesyracuse1
AgsinGA
AG
I had a blast and it was a great time. The drives back and forth to Atlanta not so much. The Sunday drive was very easy though.
SECTAMU#1
Those who went to Charlotte had a special experience seeing the Ags play their best basketball of the year against UNC and also beating Providence.

I also would submit that our small crowd had no impact on the way this team played.
EKG1996
AG
SECTAMU#1 said:

Those who went to Charlotte had a special experience seeing the Ags play their best basketball of the year against UNC and also beating Providence.

I also would submit that our small crowd had no impact on the way this team played.

Yeah I had a blast. I do know that there were a lot of UNC fans upset because our fans "wouldn't sit down" so they could see.
PatAg
AG
If we had been in Dallas, we would have had a huge turnout still, imo.
PJYoung
AG
PatAg said:

If we had been in Dallas, we would have had a huge turnout still, imo.

No doubt.
bobinator
AG
Already second guessing getting married next month since it's costing me these trips...
DeangeloVickers
AG

j/k Congrats!
badhabit1492
If some bma wants to cover my costs I will gladly go the next game and cheer my heart out.
PJYoung
AG
bobinator said:

Already second guessing getting married next month since it's costing me these trips...

Hop
Staff
AG
PatAg said:

EKG1996 said:

Providence has as good a basketball history as A&M and they were a lower seed with a long travel distance. Hard to make those excuses when schools in similar or worse situations bring 3x more fans.

Also, of the 300 A&M supporters, about half of those were TMF employees and team/staff family members.
Hop
Staff
AG
Junkhead said:

And until Kennedy benched him four minutes into the game, he didn't play defense and played out of control. It worked. I remember some of y'all complaining that Kennedy sat Starks in the regular season when he didn't do what he was asked to do when he was out there.
bobinator
AG
eh, Providence has been in the tournament like five years running.

Given that the tournament is on spring break and that we've been far from a sure thing to make it for a lot of the season I'm not surprised our turnout was low, a lot of people make plans for spring break way ahead of time.

Our turnout is usually fairly low anyway unless it's within driving distance, people just don't plan ahead for Aggie basketball. Especially in a season where it felt like we were basically limping to the finish. Hell even most people on this board expected us to lose to Providence.
aginlakeway
AG
Figured I would add to this thread ...

I'm going to be in LA for business Thursday and Friday. So if anyone has an extra ticket for Thursday at a fair price ...

I know that there are plenty of tickets on StubHub for very fair prices -- and I'm sure that they will drop. But I would prefer if possible to sit with Aggies.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
TJJackson
Hop said:

Junkhead said:

And until Kennedy benched him four minutes into the game, he didn't play defense and played out of control. It worked. I remember some of y'all complaining that Kennedy sat Starks in the regular season when he didn't do what he was asked to do when he was out there.

Please just stop. It's embarrassing to trash a kid like you do. Maybe your employer should bench you until you can figure out how to control yourself.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.

-Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
aggiebrad94
AG
Also think about how many opportunities Aggies have to travel vs. Providence. I would venture a guess they plan to make the tourney before the season starts and this is their "road trip of the year," much like our bowl games or an SEC road trip. How many Ags that might have gone are planning on making an away baseball series or two?

Personally, I think Providence fans budget time and attention towards a basketball regional every year where Aggies will go if it happens and is convenient. It just isn't a habit for us like many other schools.
Wabs
AG
bobinator said:

LOLpoor
PatAg
AG
Are you honestly trying to equate providence's season to what we just went through?
mikesyracuse1
Quote:

Yeah I had a blast. I do know that there were a lot of UNC fans upset because our fans "wouldn't sit down" so they could see.

Most of the UNC fans in section 115 near us just stood up with us and the few times they had something to get excited about they stood up for their team. Most were just in shock, but we didn't have any issues with the UNC fans.

Mikesyracuse1
Know Your Enemy
AG
Hop said:

Junkhead said:

I supported Kennedy's benching of Starks earlier in the season. I was just having a little fun with you but apparently you missed the joke.
DogCompany74
AG
leakypipes said:

Hop said:

Junkhead said:

Please just stop. It's embarrassing to trash a kid like you do. Maybe your employer should bench you until you can figure out how to control yourself.

Leaky...save your admonishments to Hop, particularly when he is making his typical A&m fans won't support basketball snarky comments . There is nothing that he does not know nor any lengths to the condescension that he expresses towards the A&M basketball fan base.
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.