Attendance Last Weekend

4,117 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TexAg15
Hop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

eh, Providence has been in the tournament like five years running.

Given that the tournament is on spring break and that we've been far from a sure thing to make it for a lot of the season I'm not surprised our turnout was low, a lot of people make plans for spring break way ahead of time.

Our turnout is usually fairly low anyway unless it's within driving distance, people just don't plan ahead for Aggie basketball. Especially in a season where it felt like we were basically limping to the finish. Hell even most people on this board expected us to lose to Providence.

And Providence fans didn't have the same issues? They went on a big run in the BE Tourney and still had a No. 10 seed. I think Providence also celebrates spring break as well. Y'all seem to think A&M has these unique circumstances, and they really don't.
Hop
Staff
AG
leakypipes said:

Hop said:

Junkhead said:

People didn't go because Starks doesn't play defense.

And until Kennedy benched him four minutes into the game, he didn't play defense and played out of control. It worked. I remember some of y'all complaining that Kennedy sat Starks in the regular season when he didn't do what he was asked to do when he was out there.

Please just stop. It's embarrassing to trash a kid like you do. Maybe your employer should bench you until you can figure out how to control yourself.

Reading comprehension?
Wearamaskaggie
AG
Hop just become an English teacher and get it over with.
bobinator
AG
They ended up needing a late run to get in, but after going for four-five years running I'd think more of their fans were already planning on going than A&M fans were. And their spring break was the week before, though I'm not sure if that helps or hurts fan attendance at the NCAAT.

Like someone else pointed out, going to the NCAA Tournament is probably way more of a permanent fixture on our average Providence fan's calendar than it is on an A&M fan's. Hell we'll probably have 30,000 people for a spring football game in a few weeks.

I also didn't say anything was unique to A&M, I'm just saying that our poor attendance doesn't surprise me. Our attendance almost always sucks unless the game is nearby.

Is what it is.
Biz Ag
AG
Quote:

Providence has as good a basketball history as A&M and they were a lower seed with a long travel distance. Hard to make those excuses when schools in similar or worse situations bring 3x more fans.
Providence has 20 NCAA tournament appearances and has reached two Final Fours (1973 & 1987). They also have 19 NIT appearances and won that tournament twice (1961 & 1963).
Nino Brown
Wabs said:

bobinator said:

Already second guessing getting married next month since it's costing me these trips...
LOLpoor
And you're exactly what's wrong with the majority of the kids I work with on a daily basis. Most of them struggle in school because they're worried about being judged all day by other kids based on their shoes or their clothes and other material things. Hopefully you don't have kids.
mhayden
Some of you try so hard to explain what is an incredibly simple concept -- basketball in Texas and much of the South just isn't that big a deal.
BohunkAg
AG
bobinator said:

Already second guessing getting married next month since it's costing me these trips...

Who's the lucky guy?
bobinator
AG
free_mhayden said:

Some of you try so hard to explain what is an incredibly simple concept -- basketball in Texas and much of the South just isn't that big a deal.
Yeah but that's a much shorter thread and we don't get to see Hop refute point after point if we do it that way. We gotta pass the time until tomorrow night somehow man.
mhayden
My favorite is when he brings up the University of New Mexico.
gougler08
AG
bobinator said:

free_mhayden said:

Yeah but that's a much shorter thread and we don't get to see Hop refute point after point if we do it that way. We gotta pass the time until tomorrow night somehow man.

If you want to get Hop all riled up, just post about how good Starks played and he will be there within minutes to remind us that he can take poor shots and play bad defense from time to time
TXAggie2011
AG
Already happening/ened in this thread.

And while I'm not disputing that A&M didn't show well, but I'm genuinely curious where Hop got all this ticket sales data from the different schools.
bobinator
AG
He was there, it's not exactly rocket science.
TXAggie2011
AG
Simple concept with Providence: men's basketball is THE sport at the University of Providence.

They're in a conference formed to put its focus on basketball for a reason.
TXAggie2011
AG
bobinator said:

He was there, it's not exactly rocket science.

He wasn't at all the games as has been established. But yeah, he was at some games as were some others that have posted in this thread.

I know Lipscomb announced they sold out their allotment. He's probably right for the rest but I want the methodology because I don't trust Hop's eyes to give a proper accounting of attendance.
TexAg15
AG
A. Look at a map......
B. Look at our road record. Maybe the lack of maroon helps.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.