Taeshon Cherry to ASU

2,727 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Double Diamond
jnocar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Apathy and expensive buy-out. Really hope that doesn't turn out to be the case and
we make a move if this team ... ."

Maybe move th team to Houston & up attendance !
Double Diamond
So your answer is to just keep finding a recruiter? At some point it's time to look elsewere. The assistants have been reshuffled like a lot. Coaches don't tend to jump back to a coach on the hot seat. I'm not sure how hot Kennedy's seat is. But it's not a great situation right now.
GE
AG
Double Diamond said:

So your answer is to just keep finding a recruiter? At some point it's time to look elsewere. The assistants have been reshuffled like a lot. Coaches don't tend to jump back to a coach on the hot seat. I'm not sure how hot Kennedy's seat is. But it's not a great situation right now.
My answer if this team makes the sweet 16 is to keep Kennedy and for him to hire an assistant who is a great recruiter.

My answer if the team falls short of the sweet 16 is for Woodward to hire a new head coach who is also a great recruiter or will bring great recruiters with him.

I think Kennedy's seat is scalding at the moment, and rightfully so.
Serious Lee
SWAGBOT said:

Hogg isn't going anywhere. He'll be here for his senior season unless Lavar Ball coaxes him into the Lithuanian Big Baller Brand League.
hes one strike away from having to find a new school. just cause he may not be drafted, shouldnt be a reason to expect him back another year
EXCELL
It's positively, absolutely not the right decision; never was and never will be. It's just the EASY decision.

Listen, you can rationalize retaining anyone on the theory they are close. Melvin Watkins is a living breathing example, along with BK, on why that rationalization is doomed to failure 95 out of 100 times. There are some notable exceptions but you have to go with the odds. BK is not an-over 60% career W coach and never will be.

How many times do you get punched in the face before you figure out the love-peace approach just ain't workin' for you?

He should have been gone in year 3. Year 4 was a no-brainer. We are in the area of complete stupidity at this point, just as we were with Watkins. For God's sake people, wake up.
_lefraud_
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

SWAGBOT said:

Hogg isn't going anywhere. He'll be here for his senior season unless Lavar Ball coaxes him into the Lithuanian Big Baller Brand League.
hes one strike away from having to find a new school. just cause he may not be drafted, shouldnt be a reason to expect him back another year

I don't see Hogg attending school next year. I think he'll declare for the draft, thinking at worst he gets a two way contract (g-league).

Personally, I'll be shocked if he gets a sniff at the league. From the surface, he appears to have some of the measurables, but I've never thought he was an NBA guy...just doesn't seem to be really good at any one thing to dominate a college game, much less a professional game.

But of course, I've been wrong before.
Double Diamond
Yea I think Hogg is ready to move on.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.