Taeshon Cherry to ASU

2,697 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Double Diamond
Hickory High
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/953489647295967232?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

The only thing that has saved BK (recruiting) is not looking so good at all.
AgsNguyen
AG
How good has he really recruited without stansbury and Keller or with out the Avery Johnson's helping?
Method Man
Recruiting is dead.
GE
AG
If recruiting is dead, we need to go hire a good recruiter. Whether Kennedy needs to hire the recruiter or Woodward needs to hire the recruiter is fully dependent on how far this team goes in the tournament
Method Man
I thought Kennedy was the mastermind behind all the recruiting.
Know Your Enemy
AG
This class is turning out to be a disaster.
_lefraud_
AG
The 2015 class has made Kennedy MILLIONS of dollars and/or cost A&M athletics MILLIONS of dollars.
superdales
AG
Quote:

"When I went on that official a couple of days ago and it felt like home to me," he said. "They treated me like family. He's (Hurley) a fiery competitor and it's just what I wanted. He's everything I wanted and more. Me and him really bonded together."
Hickory High
AG
superdales said:

Quote:

"When I went on that official a couple of days ago and it felt like home to me," he said. "They treated me like family. He's (Hurley) a fiery competitor and it's just what I wanted. He's everything I wanted and more. Me and him really bonded together."

This is pretty damning
Aston04
AG
GE said:

If recruiting is dead, we need to go hire a good recruiter. Whether Kennedy needs to hire the recruiter or Woodward needs to hire the recruiter is fully dependent on how far this team goes in the tournament
BK-
GE
AG
Hickory High said:

superdales said:

Quote:

This is pretty damning
Who is it damning for? Silly thought.
Hickory High
AG
GE said:

Hickory High said:

superdales said:

Quote:

This is pretty damning
Come on, man. Even you must see that Kennedy would NEVER be described as Cherry describes Hurley in the bolded part. Yet that is exactly what he liked most.
GE
AG
Junkhead said:

We most likely lose three players off this team. Have added Nebo and Jones. Nebo apparently is a damn good player and will start day 1 alongside Davis. Jones is a wing and we are thin at wing.

Is it a good class? No. Is it a disaster? No.

Not recruiting more players will turn out to be a disaster if we have more roster attrition than anticipated. All hope is not lost, however, as the transfer market and international market are both still open.
GE
AG
Hickory High said:

GE said:

Hickory High said:

superdales said:

Quote:

This is pretty damning
Come on, man. Even you must see that Kennedy would NEVER be described as Cherry describes Hurley in the bolded part. Yet that is exactly what he liked most.
You're cherry picking what fits your narrative. Do you apply the bolded portion equally to all other coaches of all other schools that pursued him?
Aston04
AG
lack of intensity is a big problem for bk. it's sad when even a recruit can pick up on it.
Hickory High
AG
GE said:

Hickory High said:

GE said:

Hickory High said:

superdales said:

Quote:

This is pretty damning
You're cherry picking what fits your narrative. Do you apply the bolded portion equally to all other coaches of all other schools that pursued him?
You're misunderstanding my point. I'm not saying that coach intensity is the ONLY thing Cherry based his decision on, but he did make it a point to stress that as a major factor in his decision.
GE
AG
Hickory High said:

GE said:

Hickory High said:

GE said:

Hickory High said:

superdales said:

Quote:

This is pretty damning
You're misunderstanding my point. I'm not saying that coach intensity is the ONLY thing Cherry based his decision on, but he did make it a point to stress that as a major factor in his decision.
And? Pointing out a positive quality about the coach you committed to is not the same as taking a shot at another coach who was recruiting you.

If you had said "Hurley's fiery demeanor is in stark contrast to Kennedy's", then fine, fair point. But you didn't. You said the comment was "damning". But it isn't. At all.
Hickory High
AG
GE said:

Hickory High said:

GE said:

Hickory High said:

GE said:

Hickory High said:

superdales said:

Quote:

This is pretty damning
And? Pointing out a positive quality about the coach you committed to is not the same as taking a shot at another coach who was recruiting you.

If you had said "Hurley's fiery demeanor is in stark contrast to Kennedy's", then fine, fair point. But you didn't. You said the comment was "damning". But it isn't. At all.
Alright, man.
Know Your Enemy
AG
GE said:

Junkhead said:

We most likely lose three players off this team. Have added Nebo and Jones. Nebo apparently is a damn good player and will start day 1 alongside Davis. Jones is a wing and we are thin at wing.

Not recruiting more players will turn out to be a disaster if we have more roster attrition than anticipated. All hope is not lost, however, as the transfer market and international market are both still open.
Guys who are already in school and on the team are not part of this class.
GE
AG
Junkhead said:

GE said:

Junkhead said:

Guys who are already in school and on the team are not part of this class.
Not disputing that but evaluating recruiting in any other context than that of how it fits with the roster doesn't really make much sense.
Wicked Good Ag
You also don't know how many scholarships you have to give. You know you have Wilson and Trocha and likely Williams to dole out. One of those is gone to Jones.
_lefraud_
AG
I believe all of these players will not be apart of the A&M program for the 2018-2019 season.

Trocha
Wilson
Williams
Hogg

and at least 1 of these (Flagg, Starks, Chandler, Jasey)

So a minimum of 3, but probably 4, and more likely, 5.
Know Your Enemy
AG
_lefraud_ said:

I believe all of these players will not be apart of the A&M program for the 2018-2019 season.

Trocha
Wilson
Williams
Hogg

I can see why people are speculating about Starks but what makes you think any of the other 3 would consider transferring at this point?
Steeple
also, someone please remind me who is contributing from the Sophomore class other than Robert Williams.
wheelz
AG
GE said:

Tournament? Tournament? You're talking tournament? This team is going nowhere near the tournament. And worse than that, if we don't get another coach Chris Collins will be starting in 2 years.
Double Diamond
It's very difficult to " hire a recruiter " with this coach. Word on the street is out
GE
AG
Double Diamond said:

It's very difficult to " hire a recruiter " with this coach. Word on the street is out
Please. Why would that be the case? Sometimes I think you are just throwing **** against the wall.
expresswrittenconsent
GE said:

Double Diamond said:

Please. Why would that be the case? Sometimes I think you are just throwing **** against the wall.

Yeah, he is the one desperately responding to every post on this thread with weak emotional replies.
GE
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

GE said:

Double Diamond said:

Yeah, he is the one desperately responding to every post on this thread with weak emotional replies.
Emotional? You're laughing so hard you're crying.
expresswrittenconsent
Junkhead said:

_lefraud_ said:

Trocha
Wilson
Williams
Hogg

I can see why people are speculating about Starks but what makes you think any of the other 3 would consider transferring at this point?

It's based more on the past than anything specific to those kids. Just about every class under BK has had about 40% leave within about 18 months. Even the amazing hogg/davis/gilder class lost elijah thomas and kobie eubanks within 18 months. Hopefully that doesnt happen here and we keep all those kids.
EXCELL
He's run off the players, he's run off the crowd

I'm sorry ... WHY is he here?
Method Man
_lefraud_ said:

Trocha
Wilson
Williams
Hogg

Technically, they will be apart of the A&M program.
Method Man
EXCELL said:

GE
AG
EXCELL said:

Very simple, and I am by no means saying it was the right decision:
Years 1-3: Significant trouble makes you throw out year 1, generally want to give a new coach 4 years.
Year 4: Barely missed the tournament, but wait til next year when the best recruiting class in school history arrives
Year 5: Sweet 16 - nobody fires a coach after making the sweet 16
Year 6: Point guard unfairly ruled ineligible and lost four senior starters off the previous team - rebuilding year and only one year removed from sweet 16 PLUS very solid freshman class arriving.
Year 7: What could possibly be the story here? The only story isn't one any fan should buy, but it is the one that MHayden has laid out a couple times - Apathy and expensive buy-out. Really hope that doesn't turn out to be the case and we make a move if this team doesn't make the sweet 16 or better.
SWAGBOT
AG
Hogg isn't going anywhere. He'll be here for his senior season unless Lavar Ball coaxes him into the Lithuanian Big Baller Brand League.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.