Aggies MBB playing in Vancouver (Nov 2018)

8,876 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Hop
Isaih Smollett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Turge in his first year at msg
bobinator
AG
wacarnolds said:

Have we ever won one of these things?
I know new army has short memories, but actually yes. We won the Legends Classic all the way back in last season.
DukeMu
Speaking of Canada. Has anyone seen the play of Zion Williamson on the Duke tour?

OMG. He's like the son of Barkely and LeBron. BEAST!

280 lb, 45 in vertical. footwork of a guard, agility of a healthy Grant Hill.

TexasAGGIEinAR
I've seen him make uncontested dunks vs the likes of RYERSON COLLEGE. Get back to me when they're not playing children.
wacarnolds
AG
bobinator said:

wacarnolds said:

I know new army has short memories, but actually yes. We won the Legends Classic all the way back in last season.
MarcAg
AG
DukeMu said:

Speaking of Canada. Has anyone seen the play of Zion Williamson on the Duke tour?

And probably their third best freshman.
Method Man
bobinator said:

wacarnolds said:

One of the best Aggie days was when we kicked tu's Ass in 2007 and then drove home to watch the Ags destroy tOSU in the preseason NIT(?).
Hop
Staff
AG
Anybody else going to Vancouver?
expresswrittenconsent
DukeMu said:

So Shawn Kemp? Dominique Wilkins?
EliteZags
AG
DukeMu said:

Zion is a Carolina native

RJ Barrett is the Canadian
wacarnolds
AG
I think he's referencing Duke playing in Canada
PJYoung
AG
Spent a week in Vancouver at the beginning of the month on vacation.

Awesome place to visit - we also went up to Whistler for a day. The whole area is really beautiful.

You won't be disappointed. Well, unless the weather is crappy I guess. They average 165 days of rain a year.
Hop
Staff
AG
It will be my first time in Vancouver. I'm looking forward to it.
RadAg14
AG
Been to vancouver twice since moving to washington. Both have been in the summer and each time it was amazing. This was from August. Never been in the winter but i imagine the snow will look great in the distance. Food is awesome

miller0926
AG
Don't know if y'all are following in the schedule thread, but apparently this is becoming a s*** show on scheduling.

https://www.thedailygopher.com/2018/9/11/17844064/whats-going-on-with-the-vancouver-showcase
Gap
AG
I don't think it will be a "s***show". The NCAA traditionally grants waivers for the extra games. It looks like we already have UC-Irvine lined up on Nov 9 for one of them. So, we might be looking for 1 game.
expresswrittenconsent
We picked a garbage tourney and it means we will only get to play 31 games instead of 32. Could be a big deal but hopefully probably wont.
bobinator
AG
If this were high school ball we'd be to the point where you start penciling your JV into the field and calling around to the local private schools.
Gap
AG
A positive is our first game and the championship in Vancouver are on ESPN2.
miller0926
AG
Chuck Gay
AG
I'm not sure how to interpret that with regards to our schedule. Will we play all of the other teams in Vancouver - Minnesota, Washington, and Santa Clara? And then host UC-Irvine as a waiver game as the 4th "tournament" game?
miller0926
AG

November 20th vs Washington
wacarnolds
AG
Chuck Gay said:

I'm not sure how to interpret that with regards to our schedule. Will we play all of the other teams in Vancouver - Minnesota, Washington, and Santa Clara? And then host UC-Irvine as a waiver game as the 4th "tournament" game?
That's what is seems like. As of three weeks ago, we were scheduled to play Minnesota on 11/18 and then the winner of Washington/Santa Clara on 11/20.

Now we're playing Washington on 11/20, Wash/Minn are playing on 11/21 and Wash/SC are playing on 11/18. I'm guessing when everything is announced on our end, the Minnesota game stays on 11/18 and we add a Santa Clara game on 11/21.

If you're planning to attend, hope your schedule is flexible.
RadAg14
AG
Got this in an email this morning:

We will not be playing host to the mid-major teams in the afternoon sessions of Sunday, Nov. 18 and Tuesday, Nov. 20

The men's schedule is as follows:

Sunday: Washington vs. Santa Clara at 5 p.m. and Texas A&M vs. Minnesota at 7:30 p.m.

Tuesday: Minnesota vs. Santa Clara at 6 p.m. and Texas A&M vs. Washington at 8:30 p.m.

Wednesday: Minnesota vs. Washington in a new single-game session with tip-off at 5 p.m.

Because we are not playing host to the men's afternoon sessions, you are entitled to a refund of $100 USD.
On this refund, we can do one of two options:
We can mail you a check for the amount (please confirm your mailing address). We can offer you tickets for any of our other sessions and/or the new men's game on Wednesday for the same value (or within $10 additional value ex. If you had $50 in credit, you could get two tickets priced at $30 each)

Please see attached for the value of the tickets and let me know if you wish to secure tickets instead of the refund and what you would like. We will have these tickets emailed to you from TicketsTonight.
CapCityAg89
AG
Hop said:

Whelp. Time for a bump. I'm not going to be able to make the Sunday night game, but am trying to figure out a way to get up there for Tuesday against UW.

Hop - where are you staying?

Anyone else planning to attend?

There are plenty of tickets on-line, but does anyone have a clue where the Aggies will be grouped (if anywhere)?
Hop
Staff
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

Hop said:

Whelp. Time for a bump. I'm not going to be able to make the Sunday night game, but am trying to figure out a way to get up there for Tuesday against UW.

Hop - where are you staying?

Anyone else planning to attend?

There are plenty of tickets on-line, but does anyone have a clue where the Aggies will be grouped (if anywhere)?
I'm staying at the Pan Pacific Hotel across from the convention center. I do not know where our tickets are, but usually the team tickets are behind the team bench. PM me and I'll send you my contact info.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.