Robert Williams projected at five in 2018

8,454 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TheAngelFlight
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Over/under?

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2018/
GE
AG
Under.
Method Man
Wait. I forget how this goes. Is under a higher pick or a lower pick?
old yeller
AG
Method Man said:

Wait. I forget how this goes. Is under a higher pick or a lower pick?
Pumpkinhead
AG
Method Man said:

Over/under?

And they have D.J. Hogg projected at #42 (middle of second round pick)
CactusThomas
AG
Hope my Celtics draft #44
bobinator
AG
I'd guess over, as in he'll be picked after five
JYDog90
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Method Man said:

Over/under?

DJ unsolicitedly told my 12 yr old son at Aggie basketball camp this week that this was his last year.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Serious Lee
he supposedly told people last summer the same thing. him getting injured might have been a blessing in disguise for both him and A&M.
GE
AG
willie wonka said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Method Man said:

Over/under?

DJ unsolicitedly told my 12 yr old son at Aggie basketball camp this week that this was his last year.
We'll see.

Edit: I mean on DJ leaving, not your story.
old yeller
AG
willie wonka said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Method Man said:

Over/under?

So he was just going around telling random 12 year olds "I won't be back next year?"

j/k good luck to DJ whatever he decides to do
GE
AG
Really hope DJ doesn't leave. Would love to see what can happen when he, Admon, and Davis can do as seniors.
bobinator
AG
GE said:

Really hope DJ doesn't leave. Would love to see what can happen when he, Admon, and Davis can do as seniors.
I sort of hope he does leave because it means we probably had an awesome year.
GE
AG
bobinator said:

GE said:

I sort of hope he does leave because it means we probably had an awesome year.
Like RSJ in football?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Former commit Mitchell Robinson at #13.
DeangeloVickers
AG
CBS Mock draft has Robert WIlliams at #10

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ridiculously-early-2018-nba-mock-draft-deandre-ayton-michael-porter-start-on-top/?ftag=SNL-04-10aaa0b&ET_CID=23761&ET_RID=5024490

SEC Teams:
#2 Michael Porter, Mizzo
#7 Kevin Knox, UK
#10 Robert WIlliams, A&M
#11 Diallo, UK
#13 Richards, UK
#20 Heron, AUburn
#25 Wiley, AUburn

bobinator
AG
GE said:

Like RSJ in football?
I said probably!
JYDog90
AG
old yeller said:

willie wonka said:

Pumpkinhead said:

Method Man said:

Over/under?

So he was just going around telling random 12 year olds "I won't be back next year?"

j/k good luck to DJ whatever he decides to do
He wasn't a random 12 yr old, he was MY 12 yr old! J/K

Seriously, that's kinda why I even mentioned it. It was strange. I've never said anything to him about DJ talking about wanting to leave this offseason before he got hurt (and even after). We were just at dinner and he said, "So I was talking to DJ this morning and he said, 'Yeah, this is my last year here.'"
Formerly Willy Wonka
mdanyc03
AG
Even if dj doesn't have an awesome year as long as he is healthy he will leave from everything I've heard.

It isn't like it used to be where leaving early was "risky." There are lots of guys who leave early knowing they won't be drafted but are ready for the d league. Melo Trimble last night was a typical example. McDonald's all American to second team all American as a freshman to undrafted after his junior year. He was probably just ready to move on to the next stage of his life.

I will say the same thing here I said about Robert Williams staying when he would have been a first round draft pick this year. I never say that somebody makes a "dumb" choice when it comes to these things. Different people value different things and they can all do what they think will make them happy.
bobinator
AG
I should rephrase because you're right, we don't have to be any good for him to leave, but what I more or less meant is that if DJ Hogg actually gets picked in the NBA draft we probably had a good season because to me he's going to have to show quite a bit to get picked.
_lefraud_
AG
I just don't see a team spending a draft pick on Hogg next year, and for that matter, ever.
GE
AG
He's on all the published boards at this point
mdanyc03
AG
_lefraud_ said:

I just don't see a team spending a draft pick on Hogg next year, and for that matter, ever.

I'd love to get your analysis about how Tyler Lydon is so much better than dj will ever be.
_lefraud_
AG
GE said:

Ok?
_lefraud_
AG
mdanyc03 said:

_lefraud_ said:

I'd love to get your analysis about how Tyler Lydon is so much better than dj will ever be.

It's not always about a player being "better" when it comes to the draft.
mdanyc03
AG
And, go on...

Why was Tyler lydon a first round pick but dj will never be drafted?
GE
AG
_lefraud_ said:

GE said:

Ok?
Do you feel like with respect to DJ you have a better feel for what NBA teams will do in the draft than the people who make these projections?
_lefraud_
AG
Maybe he's a better shooter, or a more consistent shooter. Maybe because he's got more size. Maybe because he played at a basketball school, against better league competition. Maybe he has intangibles that we just don't know about.
_lefraud_
AG
I've seen plenty of names on these mock drafts over the years not get drafted. Just check out the mock draft done yesterday morning. Several names on it that didn't hear their name called.

I remember seeing Joseph Jones, Josh Carter, Donald Sloan, Danuel House, etc, on mock drafts at one time or another.
bobinator
AG
I'm sort of with _lefraud_ in that I think DJ needs to show something next season to make him worth picking, that's kind of why I said what I did about it meaning we probably had a good year.

He may me on all the mock drafts right now, but those are absolutely worthless. Mock drafts that come out in January are worthless, these are somehow even more worthless.
mdanyc03
AG
bobinator said:

I'm sort of with _lefraud_ in that I think DJ needs to show something next season to make him worth picking, .

Except that isn't what lefraud said at all...
bobinator
AG
Well I was trying to be more tactful about it.
jja79
AG
DJ might want to check in with the Baylor kid who was widely thought to be solid in the 2nd round and how his draft party went.
mdanyc03
AG
jja79 said:

DJ might want to check in with the Baylor kid who was widely thought to be solid in the 2nd round and how his draft party went.
Odds are he "chose" not to be drafted. If you get drafted second round you are likely to be signed and stashed in the D League. Guys that go undrafted often do so because they indicate a reticence to agree to that. Then you can sign in the d league and essentially be available to any team when a need arises rather than being bound to one particular team.

The idea that guys who come out early and don't get drafted made a mistake is an outdated notion. Lots of guys come out with full knowledge that they won't be drafted but feel that the d league is a better option for them at that particular stage of their career. Other guys prefer college. Both paths work well for some players.

I just think it is ignorant to act like guys who come out and don't get drafted made a mistake. Many of them made a rational choice with full information and don't regret it.
jja79
AG
Saw a story about all the people at his draft party last night. I doubt you'd have a party while hoping not to be drafted.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.