Clear Picture of the No-Call at the end

82,610 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Lance Uppercut
AB2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Of course you swallow the whistle - A&M vs UCLA, 2008

You have to call a serious foul at the end - A&M vs Memphis, 2007

and I believe Sloan was involved in both plays.
finishtherace47
AG
Well, Shipp obviously didn't just hack, but had a full-on grip of Sloan's wrist while Collison snake-bit the heck out of Sloan's elbow.

Thing is, live (at least from tv angle) it didn't look too bad..
bagger05
AG
quote:
NCAA Refs are not going to give anyone that call with less than 10 seconds to go. No one.
BS. Memphis got much more of a ticky tack call in the Sweet 16 last year and Marquette sent their game to OT from the foul line today with 8 seconds left.
Philip J Fry
AG
quote:
Oh, but according to you...it was our team's shortcomings that lost it and not the refs. This picture typifies how the game was called in the second half. We played our asses off and got mugged and hosed in the second half.

I'm not going to hijack this thread with my argument that our FT shooting, and poor passing cost us the game.
92Ag95
AG
quote:
Still wish we hadn't have let a 10 pt lead slip away

Come on!!! Don't you see we didn't LET it slip away...the refs took it away by letting ucla and Love beat the crap out of us inside. Don't you get it????
kjaneway
AG
ttt because this pisses me off so much.
Frok
AG
Your just making yourselves mad. Even if they did call it Sloan likely would have not made the free throws.

I wish we had gone for it all and put up the three.
AB2
AG
Watching the DVR, btw, Turg was a good 20 feet out on the court after Sloan got hacked. He's lucky he didn't get T'd up twice, immediately, the dunk counted plus 4 free-throws and one untimed UCLA possession so the spread gets covered....
IDaggie06
AG
This is a SICK way to lose... I would have much rather have just missed the shot than have the refs steal it from us.
AB2
AG
Not over. In my mind, Sloan will forever be at the line waiting to shoot two.
sharkenleo
Oh my GOD how did we NOT get a foul called?!?
Bea Arthur is SEXY
quote:
Your never going to get that call at the end of the game.[/A few Texags jackasses]

Hey jackass, did we get that call at the end of the game?
pvsherwood03
quote:
Sloan and the team should seriously sign that picture and send each one of those idiot refs a copy of it.

seriously. and send signed copies to the Bruins.
bobhoops
AG
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
92Ag95
AG
I give up. I'm surprised some of you can survive without breathing instructions. I know we got hosed but I guess if it was the other way around we would be saying "win some, lose some".
Whatever...on to the next sport.
ag4ever2010
TXAggie2011
AG
I understand the "refs arn't going to call that..." argument.

But, the truth is, they need to. Just like they need to throw coaches out who spout off more often like they did with the Stanford coach (football refs are the worst at that). Big props the group that worked the game before our game. Did you also see the Stanford player get a chance at the free throw line at the end of regulation?

That no call cost one team the game. If they called it, they were going to let a team shoot to see if they could send it to overtime. It's not the game was tied or we were going to be shooting for the win.
BigAG98
AG
Ridiculous non-call.
Win At Life
AG
I've conceded that the refs are going to give the benefit of the doubt to at #1 seeded, 3-loss team, but you have to call a foul on that crap anywhere, anytime. If we lost it by missing one of those FT's we should have had, it would have been much better.
WookieTheRookie
Frok, good point. I believe a ton of us were asking why we didn't put up the trey there. it was a good drive, but many things led up to that moment that were NOT in the refs hands.

It just sucks. The reason why so many are screaming is very understandable, regardless of whether or not refs "cost us" anything, this kind of moment in sports history seems destined to fall into A&M's lap every fricking year in every sport.

We're just sick, because we ARE good fans. And we do deserve better that this gawd-awful bad luck.

We need a break from God.
IDaggie06
AG
Anybody who says you don't get that call at the end of the game is stupid. You don't get touch fouls at the end of the game. This was not a touch foul....Hell in a ghetto street ball that would have been a foul.
Wr3ckin_Cr3w
WOW....holy ****
Win At Life
AG
I've conceded that the refs are going to give the benefit of the doubt to at #1 seeded, 3-loss team, but you have to call a foul on that crap anywhere, anytime. If we lost it by missing one of those FT's we should have had, it would have been much better.

[Conceded twice I suppose]

[This message has been edited by Win At Life (edited 3/23/2008 12:08a).]
FJB
AG
quote:
Oh my GOD how did we NOT get a foul called?!?

The fix.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
Clearly all ball
zoneag
yeah, no **** we got called for waaaaay less than that agianst memphis last year. this is ****ing horrible.
SirGIGalot
AG
someone send these pics to sports pages everywhere.

Maybe someone will mention it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease
Bea Arthur is SEXY

How could they have not called that?!!!!
agjm
AG
yes... definitely clean. Make sure to send that to Howland.
ShockerAggie
"Your never going to get that call at the end of the game."

I disagree....see the end of regulation between UCLA and Stanford from a couple of weeks ago. This further proves that UCLA apparently gives special favors to gain favor with refs.
moz
I wish I hadn't seen that pictur. Would rather feel like we tried and just missed it.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
agent-maroon
AG
DAMMIT! Geezus, how do you not make that call?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dkd95
AG
another crappy call
motis
Was at the game, upper deck, section 443, row B and I saw it clear as day.

Wonderful game, if we make some free throws we don't have to sweat this, but it is a punch in the gut to lose that way.
atxaggie
We're not terrible losers. most of the reactive posters here would allow you to assume such a thing...

we're mad about our loss, but it had NOTHING to do with refs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.