Clear Picture of the No-Call at the end

82,730 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Lance Uppercut
Illuminaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
donald sloan had a momentary acie law-living-in-the-shadow complex. and ignored the play that was call.

that was dumb.

Oh really? You mean that same shot he'd knocked down four or five times in the game.... that was a momentary Acie Law complex?

Query: WHY is he being fouled in that shot? Surely it's not because.... he's got 'em beat? If they don't foul him, that goes in.

How dumb of him to go for a shot he's already DRILLED, repeatedly.... he saw it open, and OBVIOUSLY he got there.....

and the REF SWALLOWED THE WHISTLE.

and the young man has something else to mourn....

and you call him dumb.

Rock on, dude.
jdbq99
AG
still pissed...
IDaggie06
AG
me too
DRE06
AG
quote:
donald sloan had a momentary acie law-living-in-the-shadow complex. and ignored the play that was call

not so fast chief. go back and watch the play. one of two things happened.
1. Donald sloan drove to the hole too fast
or
2. Kirk was slow to his spot

probably both

the Sloan was suppose to kick it out to Kirk for the 3, but when Sloan drove, Kirk wansn't there yet.
agdoc84
exactly which person got ball on that one?
IDaggie06
bqce
AG
quote:
donald sloan had a momentary acie law-living-in-the-shadow complex. and ignored the play that was call

Please don't feed the troll.
OKC~Ag
*******s...
aggiematt235
AG
nm
fireinthehole
It is not like Sloan had a lot of time to make up his mind. He got deep into the lane, close to the basket, and had a great chance to make the shot if he is not thrown to the floor. As a 68% FT shooter, he had almost a 50% chance at making both FT if a foul had been called. That would have been a whole lot better than the no chance we got.

On another point, I would not be shocked if the UCLA coach told his players to foul the crap out of us if necessary, knowing that chances were it would not be called, and worst case for them would be OT. I thought his unsolicited "we got a clean block" in the interview on the court following the game was very telling.

[This message has been edited by fireinthehole (edited 3/25/2008 12:29p).]
I_bleed_maroon
AG
Every time I see that pic, I feel sick.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
I'm gonna hurl...
aggie987
Sloan should be blamed for not running the play as he was supposed to. He had just air balled two of the last three runners he had attempted (granted he did tie the game up). If I had been Turgeon, i would have had the ball in Kirk's hands from the inbounds. Sloan made a poor decision, BUT he still had a look from the free throw line and a pretty good shot if he is not BLATANTLY MAULED by two ucla players
Think Schwartz
AG
Please make it stop!
Farva
Ang

...ry!!!!!!!!!!!
AB2
AG
I think Acie makes a similar play as a Sophomore as Sloan made. Acie = God, trust me I know, but he didn't really achieve that status until the late part of his Junior year.
Milzy16
the ref didn't want to ruin his bracket
Frisco - Ag
4stringAg
AG
quote:
not so fast chief. go back and watch the play. one of two things happened.
1. Donald sloan drove to the hole too fast
or
2. Kirk was slow to his spot

probably both

the Sloan was suppose to kick it out to Kirk for the 3, but when Sloan drove, Kirk wansn't there yet.

That's the way I see it as well. Don't really fault Sloan that much, the timing was just off. If I'm seeing the replay right, Shipp was the man on Kirk as he came across the lane in front of Sloan's drive, as Sloan got deeper in the lane, Shipp peeled off Kirk to help Collison double Sloan.

Had Sloan slowed up to wait on Kirk to come free at the 3 point line, odds are Shipp would've already been committed on Kirk and not have been forced to double on the penetration and would have been in the passing lane and intercepted a pass OR Sloan would have had single coverage and had a better look at the bucket.

Just a bang bang play where the timing just didn't work out. The hacking/mugging of Sloan when he got airborn prevented any clean shot or dump off pass. Should have been a foul call and 2 FTs at the line.
Nabours
ttt
qwater25
SCREW THE REFS
Inspector Spacetime
DannoSupreme
don't know if anybody already posted this, but i got a kick out of it and had to post. here's an hd clip of sloan's drive and the clean block from a ucla board:

http://bruinville.com/uploads/AMFoul.mpg

more "evidence" there was no foul is posted in this thread:
http://bruinville.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?p=19487

*sigh*
as the saying goes, love is blind.
Gil Renard
AG
funny how people will argue with anything so obvious...watch the game. Objective fan will tell you, all things equal, Aggies win by 6.

blw9108
AG
ttt
TXAggie2011
AG
Danno...that's the funniest thread I have ever seen.

So, basically, going by that, it's all one big optical illusion that Sloan was fouled.

It was that or UCLA's basketball players move at speeds undetectable by the human eye and one could not have possibly seen the foul in real time.

Great work by the Bruins!

[This message has been edited by TXAggie2011 (edited 3/26/2008 8:26p).]
IDaggie06
AG
ttt
TPeezy
Does anybody notice in those still frame shots from the bruins thread the hand that is also being pushed into sloans back as he is trying to shoot. That would explain even more why he is thrown down and to the left as he is being pushed by the defender on his right side in the back.
qwater25
still pissed off
IDaggie06
Frisco - Ag
AG
f the NCAA
Greatness
IDaggie06
AG
ttt
Frisco - Ag
OldAgInTargetExpressLine
You bumped this in the middle of the National Championship game?

Get over it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.