Clear Picture of the No-Call at the end

82,666 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 15 yr ago by Lance Uppercut
Geriatric Punk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bobaloo
HowdyTAMU
AG
Can you imagine if this had happened the other way around (i.e., UCLA drove for the tieing bucket but didn't get the foul called).
98Centerpole
Class of 75
Seeing the No Foul / Foul pictures, the non-dunk at the end, and reviewing past UCLA games convinces me the fix was in.

I mean in as gambler's cash.

In my younger days I was more trusting (or foolish).
IDaggie06
AG
quote:
Show them the pictures, and the result will be "yeah, it was a bad a call"... then what? We had a 10 point lead and put ourselves in a spot where that a bad call cost us an opportunity to tie the game. A&M lost this down the stretch. Look inward for answers.

Show them the pictures because it might bring it to the national spotlight (unlikely even so).

Saying we blew a 10 point lead is stupid. We went on a nice run and made some great plays to get the 10 point lead. They are a #1 seed so you know they are going to go on a run of their own. That is why we needed a 10 point lead. While we made a couple bad plays, the refs would not let us score down low during the past 10 minutes of the "hack attack".

So because Western Kentucky blew a big lead to Drake on Friday they should not have been aloud to play OT where WKU won? There are a LOT of games that are determined on the last possession and we got robbed of ours.
IDaggie06
AG
quote:
Can you imagine if this had happened the other way around (i.e., UCLA drove for the tieing bucket but didn't get the foul called).

No, sorry, I really can't. If it was the other way the refs would be doing whatever they could to find a foul. Hell they probably would have called this a flagrant.
FunkyAg2010
Rylo02
texasaggies987
that ref needs to be thrown in jail

The Baptism

ham98
that is total bull****!!!!
DudefromOklahoma
Un-frickin believable. Wow. I'm speechless. The refs had it in for you guys big time. Unbelievable. Who do I contact about this. It's about time letters were written. This CRAP pisses me off.
Jack Thauer
Bird Poo
AG
Well, NBA refs were busted for betting. Someone should seriously check out NCAA refs.
bdp514am
I'm not nearly as upset at the last no call as I was about the 3 or 4 minute stretch where Love have about 4 "blocks". The last block on Jones he never even touched the ball all he got was JJ's arm. When the refs decided to quite calling any contact in the lane for a good chunk of time that's when the game turned. They don't get back into the game if those calls get made.
TAMU1990
AG
We blew that lead because the tempo of the game was changed when the refs allowed the hacking to start (no fouls, no FTs). We should of kicked a few of theose balls out and hit jumpshots instead of allowing the refs to make "no calls". It would of opened the paint for later in the game as well. Something else we didn't do well was to prevent the silly turnovers that started their run and we missed FTs.

As for the refs, in the last 10 minutes there were several out of bounds calls that went against us (as well as the loose ball being called an offensive foul). Jones would of been on the line. Throw in the final no call, then there's the game.
ShastaMcAggie02
Propel Ag
AG
horrible
SoTxAg
AG
bogus.
PapaJohn14
AG

The Wizard of Oz
AG
I'm pissed as all hell to... But does Sloan hit the FT's?
Maroon Elephant
AG
Single worst no-call in A&M sports history!
agent-maroon
AG
AggieOz - doesn't matter, IMO. It's better to have tried and failed than to never had been given the chance...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Keegan99
AG
quote:
Single worst no-call in A&M sports history!

The no-call of the INT in the endzone against the sips in 1963 was bigger.
The Wizard of Oz
AG
I would rather have our players thinking we got hosed and come back next year with that fire than for Sloan to miss the free throws and get down on himself.

Halibut
AG
quote:
I'm pissed as all hell to... But does Sloan hit the FT's?

Let's say he hits the first one and misses the second. There are still 3 or 4 seconds left for a rebound and a put-back (probably enough time for 2 tries). Even if he misses both of them, we could have still tied the game.

All the talk about whether or not we could have pulled off the upset had we been given the chance pisses me off. There's a reason why people play (and watch) competitive sports. It's because each team is given an opportunity to win. In this case, the refs robbed us of our opportunity.
aggie2007bobcat
wow...
gunan01
AG
I'm just happy we all care so much. I remember a time when that we wasn't the case...
MidnightYell2003
AG
They Call Me Smoke Draw
There are no accidents.....the fix was on buddy.
swmswmag07
bull****. thats all i can say about that.
BBYD09
AG
It just kills me that we will never get to see what could of happened with Sloan shooting free throws
IDaggie06
AG
quote:
The no-call of the INT in the endzone against the sips in 1963 was bigger.

Legend.
jdbq99
AG
freaking BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adam87inSA
AG
I am going to break my long-standing policy of never complaining about officiating. You can check back as far as you want in any sport board on texags.com and you won't see me complaining about officiating in any thread.

While...
(1) We had every opportunity in the world to put the game away without needing this call
and
(2) We were missing free throws left and right down the stretch and there's no guarantee that Sloan woulda made both
and
(3) Assuming that Sloan makes both and UCLA doesn't score... it's no sure thing that the Ags win in OT...

With all of that said, two different UCLA players clearly fouled the hell out of Sloan. It cost us an opportunity to tie and perhaps to eventually win. It was a horrendous no-call.

Still, we had our opportunity to hit shots or take the ball stronger to the hole in the last several minutes. Perhaps there were some no calls that were really fouls on their other 9 blocks, but our bigs didn't take it to the rim with authority either. Some post players (Love) have polished footwork and an ability to shield the defender from the ball with their body. Our bigs don't. It's a glaring deficiency and it cost us. I would've rather us thrown into the bigs and had them throw it out to shooters more when it became apparent that we weren't going to get a call in the lane.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.