Design Thoughts of the New Notifications Feature

1,387 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Redstone
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wondering if there is a better way to design this? As it stands, it now takes more clicks to do what we use to do with just the Watchlist.

Use Case 1: Using the Notifications Screen as your Watchlist

Click 1: Select the topic. Check mark appears. And if you happen to hit the check mark that appears it removes the topic from your Notifications.

Click 2: Select topic again (just don't hit the check mark) to go to the topic.

This use case seems to overload this particular screen with commands.

Use Case 2 - Getting to the "old" Watchlist

Click 1: Select the Notifications icon.
Click 2: Select the ribbon icon.
Click 3: Then select as normal.

Wondering if maybe you should allow a "Classic" experience that just has the old Watchlist or I would tweak the new Notifications screen for more efficient clicks.
YouBet
AG
Clarification: my selection issues above only happen on iPad. Another example where the iPad experience differs than iPhone which I've never understood.

so I guess disregard Use Case 1.

Still want Use Case 2...I have realized I much prefer the classic Watchlist experience and having to navigate through the new Notifications screen to get to it is annoying as hell. Would love to have the "Classic" option I mentioned above or at least make them equally accessible.
Redstone
AG
Thank you for posting this thread, and it was I who Starred both your contributions.

My frustration - which I've emailed Staff and Moderator about - is twofold:

- is there a premium feature for paying members, even if only one star? Is there a way where I be differentiated while using the app?

- when will the WatchList be added? I've had significant contributions since sign-up (Blocker computer lab, Spring 1999), and this feature is essential to me - even after several threads important to me were nuked.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
None of your watchlist items are gone, they're just now called bookmarks. In the app, they can be found by clicking the bookmarks icon at the top of the notifications screen.
Redstone
AG
This is my first post in the app.
Clicking the ribbon brings confusion. On mobile non app, I just click the binoculars and I have a menu of saved threads. Still confused.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.