Serious lag on a single thread

1,201 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by WILDMAN95
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In premium, on the ongoing Jonny news thread, these are some crazy posting issues. After heating post reply, the site does nothing for a good minute or 2. People are ending up with triple posts frequently, and it's not happening on other threads.
lucid
AG
Thanks for the information! Very interesting... I'm looking into it.
WILDMAN95
AG
Yep, it started yesterday.

Also, embedded tweets with videos no longer play as of yesterday. I'm on the desktop site in iOS.
redd38
AG
This whole site has been running very slowly for a few days.
lucid
AG
Should be fixed now.
lucid
AG
WILDMAN95 said:

Also, embedded tweets with videos no longer play as of yesterday. I'm on the desktop site in iOS.

I haven't been able to reproduce that. Does it give you an error message or anything when you try to play them?
redline248
AG
Thanks
lucid
AG
redd38 said:

Hmm. We haven't put out any major code changes that would normally cause something like that.

Are you usually in the forums when you notice it going slow? Have you noticed it slow on the homepage?
redd38
AG
lucid said:

redd38 said:

Hmm. We haven't put out any major code changes that would normally cause something like that.

Are you usually in the forums when you notice it going slow? Have you noticed it slow on the homepage?

Yeah, just the forums. Sorry, I forget there's more to the site. It's happening on my android and for all forums.
redd38
AG
Upon further investigation it's happening on both browsers I have on this phone. However, it's only happening when I'm logged it. Everything is nice and fast when I'm logged out.
lucid
AG
Thanks for the info. Do you notice a difference now?
redd38
AG
lucid said:

Thanks for the info. Do you notice a difference now?

Yes, faster now
WILDMAN95
AG
lucid said:

WILDMAN95 said:

I haven't been able to reproduce that. Does it give you an error message or anything when you try to play them?
No error message. Just the field within the video box becomes unresponsive, after changing to a "play" arrow. I haven't noticed it today, but I'm not sure that I've tried any vids.

Edit: will post back with a link if I see one not working.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.