Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Laugh at Chuy's all you want…..

16,266 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by austinag1997
JR_83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Until September 8 - Chuy's has added chile rellenos (cheese or chicken) along with Hatch green chile chicken enchiladas to the menu. Or you can get green chile combo of 1 relleno and 1 enchilada. (Shades of the old number 4 combo.) Tried the combo last night and it was <chef's kiss>. Server told us that if the response was positive, that they may add rellenos to the menu permanently. <Crossing fingers> Now if they'd just add back the green chile rice and the Rio Grande enchilidas/burritos (=carne guisada)
B-1 83
AG
JR_83 said:

Until September 8 - Chuy's has added chile rellenos (cheese or chicken) along with Hatch green chile chicken enchiladas to the menu. Or you can get green chile combo of 1 relleno and 1 enchilada. (Shades of the old number 4 combo.) Tried the combo last night and it was <chef's kiss>. Server told us that if the response was positive, that they may add rellenos to the menu permanently. <Crossing fingers> Now if they'd just add back the green chile rice and the Rio Grande enchilidas/burritos (=carne guisada)
Are they real chile relleno (big Jims) or poblanos? I know the likely answer, just stirring the pot.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
JR_83
Anaheim/Big Jim, def not poblano.

One year, back when they had the Green Chile Festival, they had rellenos made from Hatch chiles, wrapped in bacon.
MosesRAB-93
AG
I thought Chuy's was great 'til about 7-8 years ago. They went rapidly downhill for some reason.
austinag1997
AG
MosesRAB-93 said:

I thought Chuy's was great 'til about 7-8 years ago. They went rapidly downhill for some reason.

Their menu dropped in half with Covid and never came back. The stacked blue corn enchiladas were good. That was classic New Mexican style food. Now gone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.