Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Ice Cream: HEB Creamy Creations > Blue Bell?

12,854 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tanya 93
jagvocate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't want to believe it. But after 6 different flavor taste-tests it's true.

superunknown
AG
Blue bell is not a high bar to clear.
hbc07
AG
Homemade is better.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Taste tests are opinions - not facts. There's a reason why there are so many ice cream flavors and companies. I find Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla to be my favorite store bought vanilla ice cream.
expresswrittenconsent
Also facts - Eating Blue Bell has killed multiple people, Creamy Creations hasn't.
AggieBarstool
DatTallArchitect said:

Taste tests are opinions - not facts. There's a reason why there are so many ice cream flavors and companies. I find Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla to be my favorite store bought vanilla ice cream.
Natural Vanilla is waaaaaaaaaay better. No HFCS.
HTownAg98
The HEB Poteet Strawberry ice cream may be the best ice cream ever made.
Teslag
AG
We only buy Tillamook
DiskoTroop
HEB 1905 Vanilla
Bruce Almighty
AG
Why does this make you sad? Finding something better than what you thought was the best should be a good thing.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Because BlueBell "tastes like the good ol' days" is ingrained into them?

Agree though, should be a celebration to find better bang for your buck! Tillamook FTW.
bmc13
AG
does heb still make the adams vanilla ice cream?
John Francis Donaghy
Blue Bell is mediocre at best. Many better options out there if you want quality ice cream.
ftworthag02
AG
heb turtle ice cream is pretty damn good
fav13andac1)c
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Also facts - Eating Blue Bell has killed multiple people, Creamy Creations hasn't.
This, don't know how they're still in business, much less have a quality reputation. They literally killed people with their ice cream, how were people MORE sad that they had to shut the factory down for a short time?
expresswrittenconsent
Nostalgia's a helluva drug.
90% of the people on this thread who read "mama hollering through the screen, would you kids like some homemade ice cream?" are now singing the next line of the ad jingle.

Funny that even in the 80s they were hawking nostalgia more than ice cream.
nai06
AG
Tillamook is our go to as well
htxag09
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

To be fair, ice cream in general is a terribly unhealthy food. While Creamy Creations didn't have listeria and directly kill people, it's not too far fetched that ice cream manufacturers in a terribly obese country where people have zero self control or portion control have lead to premature deaths of loads of people.

/sarcasm

Homemade is hundreds of times better than both Blue Bell and Creamy Creations. And with new ice cream machines, really not that difficult to make.
DiskoTroop
phideaux_2003 said:

HEB 1905 Vanilla

No really y'all need to try this one.
Orozco05
HTownAg98 said:

The HEB Poteet Strawberry ice cream may be the best ice cream ever made.

100% agree.
FIDO*98*
AG
Creamy Creations and Blue Bell us the same or similar crap stabilizers that give them a bad aftertaste and odd mouthfeel. This thread is basically like a Sonic/Dairy queen argument. Neither is very good and if you think they are it's probably because you're fat
Cassius
Blue Bell is the best!
Cassius
nai06 said:

Tillamook sucks ballz. Hth
aggiespartan
AG
The last time I had Tillamook ice cream, I felt sick. We haven't bought much ice cream since we got a machine though.
DiskoTroop
FIDO*98* said:

Creamy Creations and Blue Bell us the same or similar crap stabilizers that give them a bad aftertaste and odd mouthfeel. This thread is basically like a Sonic/Dairy queen argument. Neither is very good and if you think they are it's probably because you're fat

Does this guy ever post without being offensive?
CDub06
AG
I was just talking to a friend at how well HEB does on their private brand stuff. They're really dependable across the board.
hph6203
AG
phideaux_2003 said:

FIDO*98* said:

Does this guy ever post without being offensive?
Didn't offend me, but I don't really like ice cream that much and I'm not fat.
Teslag
AG
Cassius said:

nai06 said:

Tillamook sucks ballz. Hth

Maybe you just prefer ice cream made with milk instead of actual cream.
fav13andac1)c
AG
FIDO*98* said:

Fido hair flipping this entire thread
hbc07
AG
Umpqua is both better and cheaper than Tillamook. HTH.
schmendeler
AG
ever since i started making my own ice cream, anything below the quality mark (butterfat and/or overrun %) of ben&jerry's or haagen dazs doesn't cut it any more. i bought a half gallon of what i think is a new flavor of HEB ice cream called Texas Starry Night because the description sounded right up my alley. i ate about three bites and tossed the bowl. it tasted like it was "empty".

i can do blue bell homemade vanilla still, but it's just kind of like mrs. bairds bread or something. it's just a basic staple.
Broncos
Salute The Marines said:

We only buy Tillamook
Tillamook had a chocolate-covered strawberry ice cream a few years ago that was legit. I haven't seen it since then, they need to bring it back.
62strat
AG
we get the kroger store brand, whatever it is. I only like bluebell vanilla if it's melted on something warm, like a brownie or cookie. By itself, it's kind of plain to me.
cc10106
I doubt HEB can beat BB's Natural Vanilla Bean ice cream.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Tillamook is good but I think its a bit overrated. The way it was hyped on this board, when I finally had it, I was expecting ice cream nirvana. I think Graeter's is better.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.