Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Ice Cream: HEB Creamy Creations > Blue Bell?

12,743 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tanya 93
Hwy30East
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have always been a Blue Bell fan, but the HEB Mexican Hot Chocolate flavor is incredible!!!! That's been my favorite ice cream since we tried it a couple of years ago.
Cassius
Salute The Marines said:

Cassius said:

nai06 said:

Tillamook is our go to as well

Tillamook sucks ballz. Hth

Maybe you just prefer ice cream made with milk instead of actual cream.

You're prolly right. Although I do like custard!
Bruce Almighty
AG
Frozen custard is the best.
FIDO*98*
AG
schmendeler said:

anything below the quality mark of ben&jerry's or haagen dazs doesn't cut it any more.

I don't do Ben and Jerry because of politics, but, this is where I'm coming from. Hagen Dazs is the store bought brand I'll buy on occasion. Here's the ingredients: CREAM, SKIM MILK, CANE SUGAR, EGG YOLKS, GROUND VANILLA BEANS, VANILLA EXTRACT. Add a pinch of salt and swap skim for whole and you've got my recipe.

We have so much fun making homemade with the kids, it's more recreational family time than work anyway so why not take the time?
billyjack2009
I like Graeters for sure (chocolate peanut butter - oh my) but we visit the Oregon coast each year and always make the pilgrimage to Tillamook. Their summer flavors with local fruits like marionberry (and bits of pie crust) are just off the charts. They flavors you can get at the grocery out there are way more varied that what's offered here.

This one makes my eyes roll back in my head
https://www.tillamook.com/products/ice-cream/sea-salt-and-honeycomb-toffee-frozen-custard
John Francis Donaghy
Graeters is in a class of its own. It's honestly unfair to even measure other grocery store ice creams against it. None come anywhere close.
FtBendTxAg
AG
My pallet must be extremely unsophisticated or I don't like ice cream, because I can't tell the difference between brands.
schmendeler
AG
FtBendTxAg said:

My pallet must be extremely unsophisticated or I don't like ice cream, because I can't tell the difference between brands.
well, part of the problem is you're not using your palate.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I swear I know the difference
tlfw378
AG
FIDO*98* said:

schmendeler said:

anything below the quality mark of ben&jerry's or haagen dazs doesn't cut it any more.

I don't do Ben and Jerry because of politics, but, this is where I'm coming from. Hagen Dazs is the store bought brand I'll buy on occasion. Here's the ingredients: CREAM, SKIM MILK, CANE SUGAR, EGG YOLKS, GROUND VANILLA BEANS, VANILLA EXTRACT. Add a pinch of salt and swap skim for whole and you've got my recipe.

We have so much fun making homemade with the kids, it's more recreational family time than work anyway so why not take the time?

That is not a recipe...those are ingredients.
schmendeler
AG
tlfw378 said:

FIDO*98* said:

schmendeler said:

That is not a recipe...those are ingredients.
i assume he meant "you've got the ingredient list for my recipe"
FIDO*98*
AG
When you know what you're doing an ingredient list is a recipe. hth
Cassius
FIDO*98* said:

I don't hang here much, but...

This dude is cocky as hell.
tlfw378
AG
FIGJAM
AggieOO
That's his lame shtick. Been like that for years.

DiskoTroop
Cassius said:

FIDO*98* said:

Cocky or just a d!k?
AustinAgChef
Oh look, same 'ole Fido being high and mighty and insulting. Great assumption that because someone likes a particular brand of something means they are fat.

Glad I don't frequent this board as much anymore for exactly reasons such as this.
fav13andac1)c
AG
AustinAgChef said:

Oh look, same 'ole Fido being high and mighty and insulting. Great assumption that because someone likes a particular brand of something means they are fat.

Glad I don't frequent this board as much anymore for exactly reasons such as this.
We wish you would! Not all of us are so bad! Your chili recipe got me into cooking.
LawHall88
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Graeters is in a class of its own. It's honestly unfair to even measure other grocery store ice creams against it. None come anywhere close.
Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip. Goodness.

Bruce Almighty
AG
LawHall88 said:

Brown butter bourbon pecan
John Francis Donaghy
Bruce Almighty said:

LawHall88 said:

Brown butter bourbon pecan

Y'all just listed my two favorites. And I don't have any.
JYDog90
AG
I was at HEB earlier this week and noticed that their Blue Bell offerings were down to just two "freezer door" cases. They used to have maybe 3 times that.
Formerly Willy Wonka
schmendeler
AG
one thing i don't love about HEB is how aggressive they are towards national brands when it comes to minimizing their shelf space.

i get it, you want me to buy your heb doritos knock offs, but i like the real thing better. why do you make me have to hunt for them, though? it's like a scavenger hunt sometimes.
DiskoTroop
schmendeler said:

one thing i don't love about HEB is how aggressive they are towards national brands when it comes to minimizing their shelf space.

i get it, you want me to buy your heb doritos knock offs, but i like the real thing better. why do you make me have to hunt for them, though? it's like a scavenger hunt sometimes.

This. Especially during the pandemic it seems all national brands just evaporated. Try finding Ziploc brand baggies. You almost get killed in an avalanche of "Texas Tough" branded crap.
ILikeTacos
AG
Unfortunately I am not FIDO fat, but I love me some ice cream. I don't really look down on many brands, but wish we had HEB up here in the Metroplex.

That said I really do like Braum's chocolate chip https://www.braums.com/ice-cream/premium-chocolate-chip/

superunknown
AG
schmendeler said:

Their Mexican street corn chips are the best chips out there, store brand or not.
DiskoTroop
superunknown said:

schmendeler said:

Their Mexican street corn chips are the best chips out there, store brand or not.

::shopping list updated::
Jack Klompus
AG
HEB's Grasshopper Ice Cream is the tits.
Tanya 93
phideaux_2003 said:

Cassius said:

FIDO*98* said:

Cocky or just a d!k?

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.