Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Ranch Water Trend

5,508 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mavsfan4ever
CheersforBeers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thoughts on the ranch water trend? Have you tried any and what are your thoughts on the ones you have tried?

Karbach is launching a ranch water series in January so I am interested to see how much traction that will gain.
Ezra Brooks
AG
I had never heard of Ranch Water until I saw this article online several years ago:

How Ranch Water Became the Unofficial Cocktail of West Texas[url=https://punchdrink.com/articles/how-ranch-water-recipe-became-the-unofficial-cocktail-of-west-texas/][/url]

I started making it after that and have really come to like it.

I haven't tried any of the new canned versions - mostly because they seem to always be out of stock when I'm at HEB.
MAROON
AG
the only canned version I know of that is not a malt beverage or a seltzer is Ranch Rider Spirits version.

They are pretty good

What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Naveronski
AG
I've tried it with tequila and whiskey. Both are fine. Not sure the canned stuff would be any good, minus the tequila version above me.
Potcake
AG
We've been drinking Ranch Waters for 6 or 7 years. Jimador, Topo Chico, lime, and ice. Haven't tried any of the canned stuff.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Yeah Ranch 616 we used bomb fire in the hole shots and wash then down with ranch water. I prefer to make my own most of the canned ones are malt liquor artificial sugar trash except for the ones at the liquor store like Ranch Rider Spirits which is just tequila, lime and mineral water
Farmer1906
AG
I've made it before. Its fine. Never tried the canned items.
TexAgs1992
Codigo, topo, lime, ice, and some chili salt.
htxag09
AG
Personally, I'd take a vodka, topo Chico, and lime over a ranch water any day.

As for canned beverages, they are getting 1,000x better, in general. These companies have realized there is a market for mixed beverages that contain hard liquor even if they have to be sold in a liquor store. It's no longer wine or malt liquor based alcohol crap mixers.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Ranch 616 uses vodka and paulas. I prefer the taste an anejo tequila brings, vodka just gets me buzzed without adding any flavor
schmendeler
AG
i feel like ranch water is the "hard seltzer is for boys, too!!!" marketing pitch.
CrawfordAg
AG
It's a great refreshing summer drink, we went with espolon reposado, lime and topo
jh0400
AG
I like to make them with blanco tequila, Rose's lime, and Topo Chico.

I really like the ones from Eight Row Flint but have never gone through the effort to make them at home.

https://punchdrink.com/recipes/eight-row-flint-ranch-water/
The Milkman
AG
A buddy of mine from high school's wife started a canned one and it seems like is doing very well with it:

AggieBarstool
I've been wondering what this was. It's ALL OVER the beer section of most grocers in Dallas. Never heard of it until about 2-3 months ago. I don't see the appeal (then again, I don't like tequila).
CrawfordAg
AG
The Ranch Water seltzer above is trash to me, tastes like burnt popcorn.
MAROON
AG
agreed - Those seltzers are just that.....seltzer. The one I posted above is the only one I know that is tequila.

Love Ranch Waters on a warm day while driving around in a jeep on a ranch....they go down like a sport drink - which is both good and bad!
jc1402
AG
All three of the Ranch Rider Spirits are really good. Ranch water, paloma, and chilton. They are good because they have actual liquor in them, but that's why you can only get them at liquor stores.

I really don't like the seltzer versions, but they are available at grocery stores and seem to have better marketing (on instagram specifically) than the Ranch Rider Spirits. I personally think they taste bad.

In the wild, anyone from Houston and knows Eight Row Flint knows their ranch waters are fantastic. Great summer drink.
CrawfordAg
AG
I like the original and their new jalapeno, the others are good too but I get heartburn from the chilton from the citric acid if I have more than 3.

Cowboy Curtis
AG
Ranch Rider Spirits
AgEng06
AG
Cowboy Curtis said:

Ranch Rider Spirits
Booo these guys...

jetch17
AG
Canned RWs
John Francis Donaghy
its just liquor, lime, and sparkling water. Why buy it pre-mixed in a can? It takes 10 seconds to make one exactly how you want it.
Naveronski
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

its just liquor, lime, and sparkling water. Why buy it pre-mixed in a can? It takes 10 seconds to make one exactly how you want it.
Because wives and river trips both exist.
MAROON
AG
I agree with you for the most part. I'm guessing it might be people who are not big into mixing their own drinks, or maybe boating and don't want a bottle of tequila rolling around on the deck.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Ranch water hard seltzer is particularly disgusting. The Ranch Rider cans are great because you just throw them in the cooler and go, plus no glass, but they are expensive
AgEng06
AG
This thread made me take the plunge and pick some up tonight. Turns out the liquor store in my little town here carries it.

I'm having the regular Ranch Rider Ranch Water and it's surprisingly good.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Ranch water hard seltzer is particularly disgusting. The Ranch Rider cans are great because you just throw them in the cooler and go, plus no glass, but they are expensive

This.

Also, you can make traditional ranch water. If you're on the go, then canned tequila RW is the best option.
dustin999
AG
The wife and I have been drinking RW for several years (it's become one of our favorite poolside drinks during the dog days of summer). So when I saw a can of it in HEB, I took a pic and sent it to her thinking it would make for a good laugh. Of course instead, she responded back asking me to buy a 6 pack. This was probably 6-9 months ago.

It's still in our beer fridge. It's disgusting.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I drink ranch waters all the time, but they're so easy to make, why drink inferior crap from a can? It's like buying some canned version of rum and coke.
FtBendTxAg
AG
The canned **** it too week, but it's not bad for what it is.

Are they really a trend now? I remember drinking them as far back as 15 years, made right in the topo Chico bottle. Especially Delicious with candied jalapeos, or for me fresh jalapeos
GMaster0
Just made some tonight, I agree the ingredients are so simple and easy to make to taste.
Baby Billy
AG
Ranch water is disgusting to me
Naveronski
AG
ehrmantraut said:

Brackish?
Potcake
AG
ehrmantraut said:

Give it another try, Mike.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.