Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

So let's say you found several rotisserie chickens super marked down

3,870 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tanya 93
FIDO*98*
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you don't vacuum seal the shredded meat before freezing, whatever you make is not going to turn out great. Cooked chicken won't freeze well in "meal sized containers"
Tailgate88
AG
62strat said:

Every time I buy a rotisserie chicken I end up eating almost the whole damn thing while I'm cutting it up.

This. Half a rotisserie chicken and a bag of steamed veggies is a mighty fine dinner. Low carb, keto friendly.
eric76
AG
MGS said:

Did you check the sell-by date on these "marked down" chickens?
Those dates are important.

I just bought something at the grocery store last time because what I currently had in the pantry was 8 years past the sale by date.

That wasn't chicken, though. For chickens, I wouldn't want to push it past two or three weeks unless frozen.

Eggs can last longer. I ate some eggs one morning that were about six to eight months old. They looked a bit odd (when boiled, they had large air pockets at each end), but they tasted okay.
MichaelJ
AG
javajaws said:

Usually make this with uncooked chicken..but you could probably do this with cold cooked chicken and just cook shorter.

Buffalo crack chicken

So take the chicken off the bone and throw it in a crock pot. Throw in some cream cheese and some Frank's hot sauce. Usually cook a few hours with uncooked chicken so just cook until it's all one big hot mess and the chicken shreds easily.

Keto friendly. I like to take the cold leftovers and fry them into patties with some butter in a nonstick skillet. Adds a nice little bit of crust.

Soooo Buffalo chicken dip?
GMaster0
Curry chicken sammies are my weakness.
Mucho austin
AG
Chicken cordon bleu casserole
Tanya 93
It is 43 degrees

So I changed my mind on King ranch chicken and went with chicken enchilada soup

YUM!!!!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.