Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

RUM

1,956 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by KDubAg
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I had a run and coke the other day and I forgot how damn good it is. It was actually old blue chair coconut rum and coke. Very good stuff.

My question is what other drinks can be made with the stuff. Also how does white rum compare to coconut rum? Is white rum rum better with coke than flavored rum?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Whole thread on good runs below, but light run in a Daquiri is great, flavored rum is flavored. If you like it good, most coconut rum is lower in alcohol
schmendeler
AG
Mojito of course
Classic dacquiri (one of my favorites)
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
+1 on great not too sweet mojito
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I've been mixing a shot of Malibu with Clear American Sparkling Strawberry soda and a twist of lime for a summer drink. (can get it at Walmart)

Guests can't get enough of it. Best low cal drink I've ever made, only 50 calories.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I bet it'd be nice in a Topo Chico with a squeeze of lime
p-wonk01
AG
I vote to go further and get you some of the better rums for sipping. A good rum is every bit as approachable as a fine whisky/bourbon. The cost will be better as well.

Allow me to recommend the Dark and Stormy. It's a great Summer cocktail with rum if you don't mind ginger beer...

Gosling's Black Seal Rum (or another dark one, but it's from them originally), Lime Juice, Ginger Beer (I prefer Fever Tree in glass bottles). Usually served in a Collins glass or something similar, but I've gotten to where I like the copper mug, a la moscow mule style.
tamc91
AG
I've tried a lot of mid-priced mixers and spiced rums keep going back to Sailor Jerry's spiced rum. To me, it has a smoother taste when mixed with most things compared to the Bacardi's, younger El Dorado, Flor de Cana, etc. There are a lot of good drink recipes online. The strawberry soda / lime one above sounds good, but my go to is SJ and Coke Zero.

There is a good high end rum thread on here if you want to pick up a bottle of good sipping rum for special occasions.
KDubAg
AG
Old thread I know…

But since OP mentioned Blue Chair Coconut Rum…

If you ever see the Coconut SPICED Rum, I would recommend grabbing the bottle. The Coconut Spiced Rum is discontinued and hard to find now. Not sweet like Malibu, and has that spice to it. This is my crack, when it comes to rum and cokes (or Dr Pepper).

I have to hide my bottles when my brother and mom come over.

I know one place in Bryan that has a bunch of mini bottles still.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.