Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Halo Top Ice Cream

5,830 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ww
jeffdjohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you want a "healthy ice cream", try freezing a banana then blending it in a food processor.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-93414

I've tried this before and it was surprisingly good.
95_Aggie
AG
How about just conserving calories somewhere else in your day and having the real stuff as a once-in-a-while treat?
investorAg83
AG
AGnCS said:

How about just conserving calories somewhere else in your day and having the real stuff as a once-in-a-while treat?

When you're trying to keep carbs to a minimum (less than 25 a day), a small amount of halo top is 'the treat'. I don't contend it's better than ice cream, but there's no debating it's healthier and it's taste isn't THAT far off. Cookies and cream flavor aside.
AggieChemist
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

If you want a "healthy ice cream", try freezing a banana then blending it in a food processor.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-93414

I've tried this before and it was surprisingly good.
Might as just well eat ice cream for all the carbs you'll get in a nanner.
AggieOO
investorAg83 said:

AGnCS said:

When you're trying to keep carbs to a minimum (less than 25 a day), a small amount of halo top is 'the treat'. I don't contend it's better than ice cream, but there's no debating it's healthier and it's taste isn't THAT far off. Cookies and cream flavor aside.
for the first bolded section, i'd say its potentially up for debate. It probably is, but there's still not enough studies on stevia, though its likely safe (Truvia is a different story, but that's not in halo top). And a lot of people have issues with Erythritol since the body can't process it.

the second bolded part, well, that's definitely up for debate. I think the flavor is WAY off. Obviously, you disagree.
ww
AG
williamwolf114 said:

Got a coupon for a free pint, so I picked up strawberry because my son likes that flavor and I fully expect it to suck (after reading about it on TexAgs).
Tried it last night, after my son saw that we had it.

Observations
  • Definitely really hard right out of the freezer (I can see why they say to let it sit out on the label)
  • The flavor was fine. I was hoping I could tell the difference from "regular" ice cream, but without a side-by side, it tasted normal.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.