Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Whats in your wine cellar?

1,273,858 Views | 10500 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by cecil77
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A '13 will by now. You can drink a lot of Peter Michael fairly young, but I'd wait on the 2012 if you have any.
BSD
AG
Just a reminder: Realm is today if anyone wants my leftover allocation.
BSD
AG
Also, my allocation of Colgin 2015 IX Estate is available at $500/btl.
htxag09
AG
Didn't get on the allocation list this year so I'd be interested....
aggiejumper
AG
Depending on how much I have allocated, I might have some Realm to spare for anyone on this board also.
BSD
AG
I have the following Realms available:

1 x Fidelio Saul Blanc at $60
Farella mag wish list only at $375
Houyi wishlist only at $225
Crane wishlist only at $225
Crane mag wishlist only at $520
1 x To Kalon at $225
2x Moonracer at $250
To Kalon cab franc mag at $900!

Edit: wishlist available on all 750s.
RikHaze
AG
Slim pickings this year on my Realm allocation. Houyi, Moonracer and Farella only without an option to wish list the rest.
aggiejumper
AG
Allocations are down this year, I don't have any to offer to ya'll. Buy BSD's.
BSD
AG
I forgot to add, those prices will at least double for I Love Tacos.

(Great username btw)
htxag09
AG
I'll take the To Kalon
BSD
AG
Just realized I can wishlist all 750's as well
BSD
AG
htxag09 said:

I'll take the To Kalon

Done. Check my update above.
ILikeTacos
AG
BSD said:

I forgot to add, those prices will at least double for I Love Tacos.

(Great username btw)

Oh come on! I want a to kalon!
BSD
AG
You can have one, at $450!

But seriously, I can wishlist anything.
ILikeTacos
AG
BSD said:

You can have one, at $450!

But seriously, I can wishlist anything.
I don't think I can message you but I would love to take one off your hands at $225, even $250. I think it is worth that all day and twice on sunday! Tell me what you need me to do.
BSD
AG
It's currently wish-list only after htxag09 took the last bottle but I can request one for you.

My email is in profile.
ILikeTacos
AG
BSD said:

It's currently wish-list only after htxag09 took the last bottle but I can request one for you.

My email is in profile.
Sounds good, I will shoot you an email, thanks for putting it out there. I know you can't drink as much but man I sure appreciate you guys posts, all of you with the knowledge!
cecil77
AG
Just very little Napa wine in 2015. Yields down 40-70%!

My poor folk allocation was just two bottles.
BSD
AG
Anyone else want to hop in? Stagecoach? Bueller? Bueller?
htxag09
AG
Just logged back on and now the To Kalon is available for me to purchase....odd but I'll take it. You can go down the list to the next taker....
If for whatever reason you end up with an extra, I'll still take it, but no need to request one for me...
BSD
AG
Awesome. Ok, Taco Lover, you are in.
ILikeTacos
AG
BSD said:

Awesome. Ok, Taco Lover, you are in.
Heck ya! I just went and logged into Realm and I have nothing available. Womp womp.

Email sent!
BSD
AG
BSD said:

Anyone else want to hop in? Stagecoach? Bueller? Bueller?

I'm ordering Realm tonight. If anyone else wants on, let me know ASAP.
Cyp0111
Can you post pricing?
BSD
AG
Posted above.
HTownAg98
So to bring the discussion back to some sort of sanity (I kid), and I've been drinking a lot of Muscadet Sevre et Maine lately. For $15, you can get something that has some complexity, but still enough acid to be a good palate cleanser. It is the best thing to have with raw oysters (for those of us who don't have the budget to drink grower champagne), and goes really well with simply prepared fish.
cheeky
AG
Disappointed in the Realm allocation. I was online within 10 minutes of the release and most of the stuff was waitlisted already. Sorry BSD been a long week and missed your posts. Picked up only a few bottles here, but really looking for the Absurd when it releases if you have any available. Cheers!
BSD
AG
Stagecoach said:

Disappointed in the Realm allocation. I was online within 10 minutes of the release and most of the stuff was waitlisted already. Sorry BSD been a long week and missed your posts. Picked up only a few bottles here, but really looking for the Absurd when it releases if you have any available. Cheers!

Allocations are guaranteed. It was such a low yield that many people saw only wishlists with maybe a bottle of Houyi, Farella, and Moonracer. To kalon and Crane were way off and many didn't see those at all. Absurd will be November before it's released again. Sadly I passed on my last go around. At least I still have '13s and '14s (back when they were "cheap!")
cecil77
AG
Yeah, an "allocation" is just that. Yours for a specified time, one week for Realm I believe.

The lower yields, generally 40% - 70% (Roy Piper mentions in one of his videos being 70% down, i.e well under 1 ton per acre) have created some intensely phenolic wines, there just isn't very much of them.
HTownAg98
I had a 2013 Acaibo today. Making a Knight's Valley cab blend at 13.9% alcohol and have it structured and fruit forward-ish can only be pulled off by the French, and they've nailed it. I had it at Bryan's on 290 in Johnson City. It was $98 on their list and about $75 retail, so kudos to Bryan's for having a very reasonably priced wine list.
BSD
AG
Pott Wine estate wines are out. In a time when allocations are down, my 2015 Incubo number went up by one! Hooray.

However, I probably won't buy the extra, I have enough wine.

(Insert both happy and frowny face)
WestUAg
AG
BSD said:

Pott Wine estate wines are out. In a time when allocations are down, my 2015 Incubo number went up by one! Hooray.

However, I probably won't buy the extra, I have enough wine.

(Insert both happy and frowny face)
BSD are you located in houston?
BSD
AG
I am.
Thriller
AG
An interesting read about the best in the world seeking out the best in the world

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/22358028/the-nba-obsession-wine
bularry
HTownAg98 said:

So to bring the discussion back to some sort of sanity (I kid), and I've been drinking a lot of Muscadet Sevre et Maine lately. For $15, you can get something that has some complexity, but still enough acid to be a good palate cleanser. It is the best thing to have with raw oysters (for those of us who don't have the budget to drink grower champagne), and goes really well with simply prepared fish.
best food/wine pairing I've ever had was at Lillette when I had east coast oysters with a Muscadet. made me teary it was so good together.
First Page Last Page
Page 144 of 301

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.