Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Whats in your wine cellar?

1,283,785 Views | 10513 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by bularry
Thriller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cecil77 said:

Quivet arrived today, nice surprise after our monthly SA Wine Guys get together.

Several each of Napa, Pellet and Kenefrick
Half a case of the NV here as well. Hoping for good things.

Anyone tried the Ancillary Pinots?
cecil77
AG
For several years now. Well worth the price.
HTownAg98
Got to try the 2013 Kelly Fleming Cabernet last night. A well-made cab that exhibits what Napa can should be: balanced, with an excellent level of fruit and structure, but enough acidity and tannin to hold everything together. The 2013 Big Pour was great as well.
cheeky
AG
Need a favor! Anyone have a 2012 Quivet Beckstoffer Las Piedras for sale or trade?
BSD
AG
I should have one hiding in storage.
SassyAggie10
cheeky
AG
BSD said:

I should have one hiding in storage.
Prefer to sell or trade?
BSD
AG
A trade sounds fun. What's your email, we can take this offline to discuss.
cheeky
AG
BSD
AG
Got it
Thriller
AG
Myriad arrived today. 8 bottles of the Napa Cab, 1 Georges III, and 3 Dr. Crane.
BSD
AG
Got my 3 Elysian yesterday.
Thriller
AG
I'm realizing this hobby may not be for me. There aren't many things I buy that I have to wait 5 years to enjoy.
cecil77
AG
1 Elysian
3 Napa
2 Georges III
1 Dr Crane
2 Semillon
Thriller
AG
Wish I had been able to order the Elysian. It wasn't available at the dinner event in Denver.
cecil77
AG
Drank a 2013 Myriad Napa last night. It was drinking fine. I guess Mike means it when he says to drink it whilst waiting for the single vineyard stuff!
Thriller
AG
Do you guys follow/adhere to the "Ready to Drink" report in CellarTracker? I like the algorithm idea, but I think the drink dates are user entered, no?
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Wife and I are newbs compared to you guys but are acquiring a taste for what we appreciate in wine. We have been on two trips: Virginia (Charleston area) and Napa (Calistoga area)

I can see from Cecil's list that we share some favorites: Bennet Lane and Envy. I would add the Reserve Zinfand el from Storybook Wineries as a surprising favorite of ours.

The 2012 Sav Blanc from Envy just arrived and is th best of that variety we have ever had. Love the subtle pear taste it has

We can only store 60 bottles in our wine fridge and travel so much that having what we want, where and when we want it is a challenge. We're only "home" about 15-16 days per month.

Looking forward to reading through these pages to learn more.
RikHaze
AG
Just got back from Napa and wanted to thank those who gave suggestions again because they were great.

Highlights definitely included:

Outpost: beautiful spot up on Howell Mountain. Tasted their Grenache, Zin and Cab and enjoyed them all. Very friendly spot and their sales manager is an Aggie.

Alpha Omega: we did their single vineyard tasting and wow, what a treat. We ended up leaving with a set of the To Kalon, but their ERA was the real highlight. The best part was they poured us a big glass of the ERA and To Kalon to enjoy on their beautiful patio with a lunch from Giugnis.

Realm: this was the most enjoyable time of the week. Meeting and tasting with Juan was fantastic. The plans he showed us for the new estate look like a modern Texas Hill Country design right in Napa Valley. It should all look great when they are done.

We were able to taste their recent Bard and Houyi, '07 Falstaff and their new estate wine. Plus, Benoit also gave us a tasting of the wines he makes for TFL. Overall, I really loved the Houyi and new estate wine. Juan was great to speak with and knew quite a bit about A&M. It seems like a lot of you support Realm pretty well. I think the visit may have bumped me up a few spots on the mailing list!

Thanks again for the input!
htxag09
AG
Realm has also shipped. We are officially out of room in our wine cellar....
cecil77
AG
You do know there's a solution to that?
htxag09
AG
Haha I know. In the middle of marathon training so consumption has gone way down, though.....
cecil77
AG
Spottswoode here!
BSD
AG
Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!

Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome
MHLY01
AG
I do not remember any Myriad Elysian being offered and I was a previous buyer. I have a few 2013 Elysian. Gonna have to check.
HTownAg98
Tried the new releases from Herb Lamb Vineyard and meet Jennifer Lamb. The wines are exquisite as usual. The Two Old Dogs shows a lot of the red and blue fruits, with just enough mint and tobacco to balance things out. The HL is amazing, showing a lot of the same character as the Two Old Dogs, but with more complexity and perfect balance. These wines are the antithesis of To-Kalon cabernets.
BSD
AG
I used to drink a lot her juice when I was in drinking-mode. Her Sauv Blanc is excellent!
BSD
AG
MHLY01 said:

I do not remember any Myriad Elysian being offered and I was a previous buyer. I have a few 2013 Elysian. Gonna have to check.
Bummer. The Elysian release was March 22nd. He typically does that in the spring and the rest of the cabs later in the year.
BSD
AG
Sounds like a great trip. I completely forgot that Realm moved into the old Hartwell spot. I'll need to get out there to visit next spring.
BSD
AG
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Wife and I are newbs compared to you guys but are acquiring a taste for what we appreciate in wine. We have been on two trips: Virginia (Charleston area) and Napa (Calistoga area)

I can see from Cecil's list that we share some favorites: Bennet Lane and Envy. I would add the Reserve Zinfand el from Storybook Wineries as a surprising favorite of ours.

The 2012 Sav Blanc from Envy just arrived and is th best of that variety we have ever had. Love the subtle pear taste it has

We can only store 60 bottles in our wine fridge and travel so much that having what we want, where and when we want it is a challenge. We're only "home" about 15-16 days per month.

Looking forward to reading through these pages to learn more.
Welcome! It sounds like you need a Wine Check!
cecil77
AG
My first Realm shipment arrived!
HTownAg98
There's a six pack of some different wines from Long Shadows at the wine shop I frequent. There's a bottle of Randy Dunn's Feather and Philippe Melka's Pirouette in that box. If it is still there tomorrow, it may go home with me.
HTownAg98
I got the box.
BSD
AG
Atta boy!

As for me, a glass of 2004 Dom Perignon at Per Se in NYC.

First Page Last Page
Page 116 of 301

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.