Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Whats in your wine cellar?

1,279,620 Views | 10508 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by QBCade
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wouldn't mind getting in on a couple bottles...how much are the Her Majesty's Secret Service, Le Nouveau Western, and Kaliholmanok?
BSD
AG
Here Majesty and Kaliholmanok are $125 each. There just wasn't enough allocation of Le Nouveau to go around...only 32 cases.
htxag09
AG
Haven't tried any of the others, any others that you have open allocation for that you'd recommend?
BSD
AG
I like every single one. You might as well hop on board with Actaeon. They make a grenache, cab franc/merlot, and viogner, too. I actually just got one each of the cabs and passes on the grenache and cab franc. I still have plenty of those from the past vintages. I did buy a viogner.
htxag09
AG
Of course you do. K, I'll do those two and the Actaeon.

Thanks!
aggiejumper
AG
M. Etain purchases don't accelerate you up the Scarecrow waitlist. I was on the Scarecrow list for 3 years before an offer was sent and I purchase M. Etain every year.

BSD, yes they are still sold in two packs, up to $165/bottle this year plus all the taxes and inflated shipping they charge.
BSD
AG
htxag09 said:

Of course you do. K, I'll do those two and the Actaeon.

Thanks!
done! now we wait...
BSD
AG
aggiejumper said:

BSD, yes they are still sold in two packs, up to $165/bottle this year plus all the taxes and inflated shipping they charge.
I do love the packaging on those. That said, I'll keep passing and just buy the Scarecrow (only because I can't drink enough to justify buying more wine, otherwise I'd be in)
cheeky
AG
BSD said:

Pott is bought. One of each for me and one of each for a friend. Still room there if anyone wants to jump on board.

Is M Etain still sold in two packs?
2 bottles in wooden box $330, or 6 bottles in soft box $990. The 2014 Scarecrow was rated (91-94) by Parker in Dec 2015. Historically speaking, that would indicate a grade of 90 or less on the Tin Man. I think I'm going to pass on the 14's.

Can you get any Turf War??
aggiejumper
AG
After taxes and exorbitant shipping, 2 tin man bottles end up at $414. I'll pass this year.
BSD
AG
Quote:

Can you get any Turf War??
Unfortunately no. My allocation was one bottle. At 22 cases, there just isn't a lot to spread around.
RikHaze
AG
Hi All,

Long time TA lurker and have really enjoyed this thread since getting into wine a little while ago.

Was hoping to get a little insight on some Napa destinations from some of the pros on here.

Wife and I are headed up to Napa early November for the second time. So far we have reservations at Alpha Omega to do their Single Vineyard tasting and a tasting at Realm.

Was thinking about adding Outpost, Cade, Plumpjack and Mark Herald as well.

Any thoughts on those? I am very excited about Realm and hopefully a visit will put me up a few spots on the mailing list!
htxag09
AG
I would definitely recommend outpost, if nothing else for the view. If you're going up there I'd try to also do black Sears and Dunn.
aggiejumper
AG
Just got back from a long weekend in Napa. Full report to follow.
Stops included were: Realm, Grgich Hills (grape stopping only), Heitz, Mending Wall, Schramsberg, Mike Smith wines (Carter, Myriad, Ancillary Cellars), Continuum, Ovid, and Tom Scott's Barn Burner.

Last trip we did the Howell Mountain trio of Outpost, Black Sears, and Dunn. I would recommend it again.
BSD
AG
RikHaze said:

Hi All,

Long time TA lurker and have really enjoyed this thread since getting into wine a little while ago.

Was hoping to get a little insight on some Napa destinations from some of the pros on here.

Wife and I are headed up to Napa early November for the second time. So far we have reservations at Alpha Omega to do their Single Vineyard tasting and a tasting at Realm.

Was thinking about adding Outpost, Cade, Plumpjack and Mark Herald as well.

Any thoughts on those? I am very excited about Realm and hopefully a visit will put me up a few spots on the mailing list!
While up on Howell Mountain, I'd add Lamborn Family Wines if you have the time. Great people!!! They do a zin and cab. It's by Outpost.
BSD
AG
aggiejumper said:

Just got back from a long weekend in Napa. Full report to follow.
Stops included were: Realm, Grgich Hills (grape stopping only), Heitz, Mending Wall, Schramsberg, Mike Smith wines (Carter, Myriad, Ancillary Cellars), Continuum, Ovid, and Tom Scott's Barn Burner.

Last trip we did the Howell Mountain trio of Outpost, Black Sears, and Dunn. I would recommend it again.
wow...BALLER!!!!!!!! How was Mike? Who was up at Mending Wall?
RikHaze
AG
Thanks for the input! We have been wanting to get up to Howell Mountain, so having a few more places to go will be great. I am a little intimidated to taste with Juan at Realm but many of the previous posts about past experiences make it sound like it will be a great time.

Now just onto hoping for those TFL reservations....
aggiejumper
AG
We were with Josh at MW and I think Cindy or Cathy at Envy. Mike and Dan were out in the field working. Had to go up there to pick up some Carter wines so figured we'd taste too.

Juan is great, don't feel intimidated. The new place is going to be awesome once completed.
BSD
AG
Yeah, Juan is cool. He likes FC Barcelona if you're into that kinda thing.

Rik, where are you staying? Some hotel concierges can help you out with FL reservations. Another option is to get on the wait list and be flexible.

Jumper, I'm jealous. It's been a rough week for me so I'd kill for a glass of Carter!
RikHaze
AG
Well I'm an Arsenal fan, not much success against Barca for us.

We are staying at the Harvest Inn in St Helena. I have contacted their concierge and am on the wait list at TFL for a Wednesday dinner. If we don't get the reservations, that leaves a little more room for wine to being back home. Plus we have plans to go to Bouchon and Cook so we will get our fair share of good food.

Got a reservation for Outpost but Dunn isn't doing tastings anymore. Thanks again!
Federale01
AG
Just finished a tasting at Cade today. Beautiful property and great wines. I don't have the pallet of many on here, but I would recommend it. If you are on Howell Mountain, I would check them out.

The guy at Cade said Dunn is now only doing tastings by invite. Not sure how it works but he made it sound like it was really hard to score one.

My stops included Merry Edwards, sequoia grove, heitz, miner, schramsberg, Cade, and Bryan Ardent.
BSD
AG
RikHaze said:

Plus we have plans to go to Bouchon and Cook so we will get our fair share of good food.

Bouchon and Cook...now I'm hungry! Only 6 more months...
cheeky
AG
16 Rows, Insignia and Seven Stones today
BSD
AG
Drank or bought?
cecil77
cheeky
AG
Haven't been drinking much lately--too busy trying to stock the new cellar which is almost finished.
BSD
AG
Nice. I was hoping you had drank a Seven Stones. I plan on diving into the 2006 over Thanksgiving.
cecil77
AG
Wine shipping season is here!

ILikeTacos
AG
cecil77 said:

Wine shipping season is here!

My wife signed up for that wine club. Any good?
cecil77
AG
We find their reds a very good value and have enjoyed all of them.

Not bit into sparkling (yet) although I do buy their dem-sec "Cremant". 3.5% RS but really hardly tastes sweet due to the nice acid balance. Goes quite well with spicy Thai food.
ILikeTacos
AG
cecil77 said:

We find their reds a very good value and have enjoyed all of them.

Not bit into sparkling (yet) although I do buy their dem-sec "Cremant". 3.5% RS but really hardly tastes sweet due to the nice acid balance. Goes quite well with spicy Thai food.

After this post I received a shipment from schramsberg, alpha omega and Jordan!
BSD
AG
I just bought a 2001 Yquem. I can't help myself!
aggiejumper
AG
Hope it's a mag at least.
aggiejumper
AG
Heads up, WTSO sent this to me earlier today. TABC must be cracking down on these type of retailers.

We are truly sorry to inform you that we are no longer able to ship into the state of Texas. We received a cease and desist to stop all shipments into the state. We are working on this issue and hope to have this resolved in the near future. If anything changes with this newly enforced regulation, we will contact you immediately.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Sincerely,

WTSO Customer Service
cecil77
AG
That's really odd. WTSO must've let some paperwork lapse or something.
First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 301

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.