Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Whats in your wine cellar?

1,275,541 Views | 10508 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by QBCade
FTAco07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm far from a conneseur, but I bought a random 6 pack of bottles from a charity auction last week for $450. Anybody know anything about any of these? How did I do?

Edit: Apparently I don't know how to flip the pictures right side up.
HTownAg98
You did very, very well. All of those are excellent wines, and for $450, someone would accuse you of theft if you paid retail for those wines.
BSD
AG
MacDonald order is in. Life is good...
aggiejumper
AG
I just received an email from Alex stating that if ya'll previous buyers don't buy it all this week, I am at the top and might be offered a bottle or 3 next Tuesday. Here's to hoping you didn't purchase your full allocation (even though I'm sure you did).
BSD
AG
I wishlisted 18 more...but I just don't see that happening.
Elkos Magic Cookbook
AG
Got 3 MacDonald myself!!
BSD
AG
Niiiiiice.
Elkos Magic Cookbook
AG
quote:
Niiiiiice.

It pays to know people and name drop!
BSD
AG
I need friends like yours!
cecil77
AG
...and I'm back to having my nose pressed against the glass front of the candy store, watching all the other kids inside...
Elkos Magic Cookbook
AG
quote:

It was your name I dropped!
htxag09
AG
Cecil, you going to be pouring Saturday? Have a tasting at William Chris at 11 then planning to head to inwood after (or after we grab lunch).
cecil77
AG
Absolutely!

The Reserve Room is on the left as you enter.

Can't wait!

BSD
AG
quote:
quote:

It was your name I dropped!

Haha. Oh, I know. And I know several people who tried unsuccessfully to do the same and are extremely jealous!
htxag09
AG
Yeah, me!
BSD
AG
And me. I still have to give away a bottle every year to a buddy who didn't make the list (why did I ever give him that first bottle???)

But seriously, that's awesome you got some. It is so delicious.
BSD
AG
On another note, I am getting a new wine tomorrow. It's a cab from Napa but I'm not sure what I can say about it (not ready for release at this time). I'll post more once we try it out and get the details.
aggiejumper
AG
BSD, no teasing now. Is it a completely new release or just something you are now fortune enough to acquire?
Tusk?
HTownAg98
Are you pouring at Inwood on Sunday?
BSD
AG
Not trying to tease. It's a completely new project by a guy who has paid his dues out there and learned from the best. All I know is that it's a '14 Napa cab from a single vineyard source just south of Yountville. Directly across valley from Chimney Rock. Stags Leap West if you will. All cabernet, clone 7. 150 cases was the goal on production. The last I heard he was still working on getting labels approved and other legal stuff as well as getting the website up and running. Like I said, I don't know much yet.

I'll get, and share, more details soon.
cecil77
AG
quote:
Are you pouring at Inwood on Sunday?

Yes! 11 to 6. The Reserve Room is on the left as you enter.
Elkos Magic Cookbook
AG
I wanted to pose a question to everyone here and I don't think this has been asked yet. What 2 bottles would open to celebrate "when" the Aggies win the SEC and then the National Championship?

I was fortunate enough to attend the USC/Stanford game in Palo Alto over the weekend and that's something I started to ponder while watching the game. On a side note....while out there I had a chance to venture up the Santa Cruz mountains and visited Mount Eden and Ridge. Both were great visits with a ton of history! Mount Eden strictly does a visit without wine tasting, but they did pour us a glass of the 2013 Cab. Ridge was a tour and tasting of several wines including 2013 Chard Monte Bello and 2013 Cab Monte Bello.
BullSprig07
AG
This is something I've thought about for awhile as well. I've always thought it would be really cool to have a bottle of something from 1939 to sit on while we wait for that day to, hopefully, come. As the juice is poured I think it would be really neat to think about how the last time that wine was out of the bottle that the Ags were National Champions (depending of course on how long it was in barrel and when it was bottled, but still, you get the idea.) Cheesy I know.

BSD
AG
You could probably have some luck finding a 1939 Colheita port at a "reasonable" price. Which reminds me, I need to pick up some '75s.

As for me, Salon. Any vintage will do.
HTownAg98
I may stop in on Sunday.
cecil77
AG
I should be there.
cecil77
AG
Just got offered a small allocation from Realm!

I'm somebody now!

BSD
AG
yes! They've always been a favorite of mine.
Elkos Magic Cookbook
AG
I got lucky with MacDonald, but missed out on Realm.
BSD
AG
I'm sure Cecil will trade you.

And if yall need Realm, please ask. I probably wont be taking full allocations for the '14 single vineyards next spring.
cecil77
AG
3 Bard and 1 Tempest was my max allocation.
BSD
AG
quote:
Not trying to tease. It's a completely new project by a guy who has paid his dues out there and learned from the best. All I know is that it's a '14 Napa cab from a single vineyard source just south of Yountville. Directly across valley from Chimney Rock. Stags Leap West if you will. All cabernet, clone 7. 150 cases was the goal on production. The last I heard he was still working on getting labels approved and other legal stuff as well as getting the website up and running. Like I said, I don't know much yet.

And here's the bottle! (I think I can post this without upsetting him or his lawyers)

Elkos Magic Cookbook
AG
Nice! Looks sexy!

Are you going to lay it down for awhile or taste?
aggiejumper
AG
Just a shiner from somewhere. What's the timeline for the big Texags release?
cheeky
AG
quote:

First Page Last Page
Page 112 of 301

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.