Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,474,768 Views | 43541 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by BQRyno
AgDev01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah it's great. At $100 it still a buy but not something I'll grab often. Once they marked it down to 70 that is a whole different story, espe.cially at 7x points. I'm just waiting for them to drop the price on the rum cask finish now.
ConfidentAg
AG
StinkyPinky said:

Well, let's see if there will be a run on it like Blantons

https://www.mensjournal.com/news/world-best-bourbon-winner-2024

Bought this for $50 at Costco two weeks ago thanks to Texags.

Great pour.

Edit: misspelled pour. What is wrong with me
StinkyPinky
AG
ConfidentAg said:

StinkyPinky said:

Great poor.
I've tried the small batch some time ago but never the barrel proof. Will give it a spin.
ConfidentAg
AG
StinkyPinky said:

ConfidentAg said:

StinkyPinky said:

Great poor.
I've tried the small batch some time ago but never the barrel proof. Will give it a spin.

It's my first quality wheated bourbon and I really like it.

Drinking a glass of my new riff single barrel right now.
HoustonAggieMD
Anyone else snag a Hell Diver? Got one in a raffle and am waiting to crack it until some reviews pop up. Found North is 10/10 on their other bottles.

https://www.foundnorthwhisky.com/hell-diver
AgCzar
AG
So far I've only seen people trying to flip it
SLCag
AG
The BP is incredible. I grab every release and they haven't disappointed.
StinkyPinky
AG
SLCag said:

The BP is incredible. I grab every release and they haven't disappointed.
Alright, now you've got me excited
Rocketman84
AG
Glad I already have one and a half bottles of Larceny A124.

Road tripped to Iowa today. Went to a bar for a nightcap and saw a Stagg Jr bottle. They charged me $14 for a 1.5 oz pour. Would've got a double but they were already closing down. I'll have to check the local stores and see what's available.
AlaskanAg99
AG
It's good and appropriately priced. I orefer the ECBP a bit more. But they cost more.

For MSRP great bang for the buck.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Had to crack this.

I need more ECSP in HTX.

And before new taters get excited, this is 94p.
Aggie Therapist
AG
11 years and barrel proof at 133P……..

This proof ***** is disgusted they had to cut it to 94P
Tksymm7
AG
Should be a crime.
Aggie Therapist
AG
After discussing with the pick team, the Garrison Brothers Cask Strength Single Barrel will be offered to those who have participated in the most TexAgs picks.

The yield is only 48 bottles. You will receive an email at some point in late June asking if you would like one. I will announce here when the email goes out.

Cheers!
trouble
AG
YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS
AgDev01
AG
I'd recommend allocating some portion of that 48 to a raffle or lottery. from the normal sign up thread.

i get rewarding those folks who consistently participate, and support that but if that becomes then standard then it makes it really difficult for new folks to get to that level. i also think it creates a system where people feel they may have to buy something they don't want just so they can be eligible for stuff in the future, which then create a different type of supply problem for newer folks as well.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Great idea. I will set aside a few for a raffle here.
BQRyno
AG
AgDev01 said:

I'd recommend allocating some portion of that 48 to a raffle or lottery. from the normal sign up thread.

i get rewarding those folks who consistently participate, and support that but if that becomes then standard then it makes it really difficult for new folks to get to that level. i also think it creates a system where people feel they may have to buy something they don't want just so they can be eligible for stuff in the future, which then create a different type of supply problem for newer folks as well.

Concur! Another suggestion might be that for future picks like this that are super limited, NOT counting other super limited picks in the total number of picks in which a user has participated. It risks becoming a vicious cycle.
ConfidentAg
AG
Yep. That basically means new guys like me are out of future picks.
Tom Cardy
AG
As always, big shout out to AT and the other folks on here who help make these picks happen! Please remember that this team (especially the mules) do this for free to give all of us a chance to enjoy the fruits of their labors.

Some barrels are super limited and it can be tough to miss out, but I'm sure if you link up with another Ag who got one that they would love to share a pour and some stories. Things like this are only possible because of the community on this board, so let's keep it a great place to learn and try great bourbon together.
trouble
AG
Given the lack of GB love over here, not many people should be too upset by this one being limited
wmitchell
AG
Tom Cardy said:

As always, big shout out to AT and the other folks on here who help make these picks happen! Please remember that this team (especially the mules) do this for free to give all of us a chance to enjoy the fruits of their labors.

Some barrels are super limited and it can be tough to miss out, but I'm sure if you link up with another Ag who got one that they would love to share a pour and some stories. Things like this are only possible because of the community on this board, so let's keep it a great place to learn and try great bourbon together.

FS - GB TA pick
ISO - WLW
No other trades.

Obviously sarcastic. Thankful for the work they put in - the picks have been great! Still love that RC Spanish oak… I'm milking it just a hair longer before it's gone
Tom Cardy
AG
trouble said:

Given the lack of GB love over here, not many people should be too upset by this one being limited

Who's digging up the receipts
Visor
AG
Speaking of GB and the fact that I likely won't make the cut…..

anyone going to the Lady Bird Release tomorrow?
trouble
AG
I might later
tu ag
AG
If I qualify for the GB pick, I will allow someone else to have it.
I have only had a couple of their bottles. Why, you might ask?
Because the worst alcohol that has ever touched my tongue was a bottle from them and I can't get over it. Not just bourbon...but every alcohol I have ever had.
$110 bottle that I was gifted (thank the Lord I didn't buy it!). I keep it on my shelf to have fun with others. It is worse than swill mixed with vinegar.
As one review said, "it tastes like grass clippings and toenails aged in a cadaver"
Aggie Therapist
AG
ConfidentAg said:

This is a very drastic statement.

I said that this is a very one off barrel yielding only 48 barrels. If rewarding all the day one guys and gals with a limited release doesn't seem right to you, then that sounds like a personal problem.

The Russell's Reserve, 1792 Full Proof Pick and Old Forester picks will be open to the entire board. As me and others have done over numerous picks over the last few years.

Let's lose the sense of entitlement.
ConfidentAg
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

ConfidentAg said:

This is a very drastic statement.

I said that this is a very one off barrel yielding only 48 barrels. If rewarding all the day one guys and gals with a limited release doesn't seem right to you, then that sounds like a personal problem.

The Russell's Reserve, 1792 Full Proof Pick and Old Forester picks will be open to the entire board. As me and others have done over numerous picks over the last few years.

Let's lose the sense of entitlement.

Didn't realize it was just for this one pick.

But let's not be dramatic and say it's a sense of entitlement. Just an off-hand comment.

Edit: and I have to have my pick sent to me since I'm out of state. So I will only really grab a pick once in a blue moon (if I'm fortunate)
AgDev01
AG
tu ag said:

As one review said, "it tastes like grass clippings and toenails aged in a cadaver"

I can't comment on the quality of GB stuff, though i hear the newer releases are much better but this line is ****ing hilarious.
tu ag
AG
That is why it stuck with me. I laughed out loud...but also thought it was kinda accurate.
Aggie Therapist
AG
New kitchen, three new appliances and three new toilets….

Bourbon funds have been depleted to Old Crow and Jeffer's Creek
SydB92
AG
Fun times.
Pac1698
AG
What about Benchmark full proof? I'm in the process of car shopping for my wife and adding my daughter to our car insurance, I'm going to have to switch to benchmark and make myself enjoy it lol.
Tksymm7
AG
I missed the Frey Ranch 100% Wheat Barrel Strength drop talking to a coworker.
BrokeAssAggie
That Jim Beam 7 year supposedly slaps. $25 bucks
First Page Last Page
Page 1127 of 1245

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.