Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,474,729 Views | 43541 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by BQRyno
ChoppinDs40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ConfidentAg said:

Is Elijah Craig and Larceny owned by the same company?

Both made at heaven hill
BR 12
AG
Tried the Maker's Limited Edition BEP last night at a buddy's house, it was fantastic. Sweet upfront but a nice dry finish.
Shaggie 05
AG
I've been a big fan of the entire Maker's Mark Wood Finishing series. I think FAE-02 is my favorite, but did enjoy BEP.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I never gave Maker's Mark a proper stint in my bourbon journey. Now that I have made my way through all the tater bottles and what not, I'm ready to enter my Maker's Era.
rebelag62
AG
Is this worth $80?
trouble
AG
IMO, yes
Shaggie 05
AG
Had it in my bag, trying to decide and it sold out. Plenty of people must have agreed it was worth it.
h_town_ags
I picked up one that was 9 yrs 9 months and it one of the top bottles I've ever had. I'd easily pay $200 for another. Then I picked up a Twin Liquors pick that was just over 8 years and it's so mediocre. Just like any single barrel, can be hit or miss but I'd roll the dice especially if it has some good age on it.
rebelag62
AG
Same happened to me
Aggie Therapist
AG
Good thing we are picking our own
rebelag62
AG
Awesome
cc10106
Had to pass on the RR pick as much as I love em. Too many open bottles right now to work thru.
AgCzar
AG
I just can't do it. I've tried so many of their offerings and never found one I like until MMCA.
Science Denier
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Good thing we are picking our own
Did I miss a pick?
LOL OLD
Aggie Therapist
AG
Yeah, it went live at 1am on Monday evening. Filled quick!
AgDev01
AG
calebbogie said:

It looks like they're going to start offering private selections/barrel picks similar to what they do with Elijah Craig.

The downside is this could rob the regular batch releases of some quality barrels, but I'm still very interested.

It is a way to get the same amount of money for newer barrels, just like they did with ECBP, whose regular release is now trending younger and younger.

If the label on the sample bottle says 6 years you can fully expect many of the actual picks will be in the 4-5 year range.
AgDev01
AG
For this it is an easy roll of the dice when the person picking it can choose from any barrel he wants. The odds of it being a miss are virtually nil, especially when you compare it to McKenna 10 at its ridiculous ~$75 price point. At $80 this is a buy all day.
rebelag62
AG
At this rate of TexAgs picks, I don't even need to go to the store anymore.
Science Denier
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Damn. Teach me to go to sleep at 12:30 AM.
LOL OLD
BQRyno
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

I'm dense - this is a joke, right?
Aggie Therapist
AG
It is indeed a joke!

AgDev01
AG
Do TW "premium selections" award additional points, or are there deals for them you can activate like the spirits direct products?

I was looking at my account online and saw i earned 4900 points on a $75 bottle of Westward Cask Strength. Im not sure how i got that many points for it but if i have to just buy 5 bottles of that to not win anything then im completely prepared to do so.
jackie childs
I do think they have a "spirits direct" program which could include some of their "premium selection" options.

They'll often do 3x or 4x pts on those
AgDev01
AG
That is the weird part, the amount of points i earned was 7x ($69.99+tax). I don't recall ever seeing a deal for that like the spirits direct deal you mentioned.
wessimo
AG
Went by a local store today and they had cases of BT and Weller SR. Is the shortage on these over?
jackie childs
Yeah, can't say that I've ever seen anything north of 4x for anything but wine and, sometimes, food
AgDev01
AG
they have been on the shelf pretty frequently in Corpus. Stopped by a liquor depot last friday and they probably had 20 cases of BT sitting out and plenty of Weller. I think it is a combination of lower demand and better distribution.
rebelag62
AG
I don't know. I've noticed some of the smaller stores have it by the case, twin liquors and specs rarely have it. When they do it's gone within a day.
Pac1698
AG
I'm not sure, but I stopped in at my neighborhood Spec's and they don't even have an allocated section anymore, it's all on the shelf now. Hopefully this is going to be the norm.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Only 1k ea on one of the Facebook groups…

I hate and love this community….
Visor
AG
Didn't realize these started hitting stores
Aggie Therapist
AG
Went to my favorite Mexican restaurant in Katy today

No margaritas or whiskey were harmed from the tornado last month. (RIP Firestone).

AugustusGloop
AG
That westward cask strength is awesome.
StinkyPinky
AG
Well, let's see if there will be a run on it like Blantons

https://www.mensjournal.com/news/world-best-bourbon-winner-2024
AugustusGloop
AG
I got my new riff bottle tonight. For the folks that make it happen for me out here in Raleigh, NC, I am deeply grateful. It makes my day to get these packages. I know it's a pain to ship to me out here so thank you! Thanks to The Therapist on this one.

First Page Last Page
Page 1126 of 1245

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.