Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,166,447 Views | 41455 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by h_town_ags
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Seems like this is below secondary for sure, but like others have said it's sourced, and so it might be something you really like or it might not be. Orphan is all around just a little different, so do with that what you will.

lol. Went back and he had this out. $51.98
LOL OLD
txag2k
AG
100% buy ALL DAY @ that price!!
Science Denier
AG
txag2k said:

100% buy ALL DAY @ that price!!

Costco at 99 and I-10 Katy
LOL OLD
HTownAg
AG
Science Denier said:

Tksymm7 said:

Seems like this is below secondary for sure, but like others have said it's sourced, and so it might be something you really like or it might not be. Orphan is all around just a little different, so do with that what you will.

You are lucky, I stop by there all the time and never had anything out like this.
ryeguy
It's a blend of 18 year MGP and most likely an 18 plus year IW Harper (HH) or Four Roses. Diageo has older 4R stocks that they'll occasionally kick out for special Bulliet charity store picks. Less likely it's Beam or Barton. No TN in this batch. What store is it at?
Science Denier
AG
ryeguy said:

It's a blend of 18 year MGP and most likely an 18 plus year IW Harper or Four Roses. Diageo has older 4R stocks that they'll occasionally kick out for special Bulliet charity store picks. Less likely it's Beam, HH, or Barton. No TN in this batch. What store is it at?

They sold it. I went back in and he had sold it, but got the EHT. It was at Costco in Katy.
LOL OLD
stroodles
AG
I'm looking for one Bookers box if you have an extra after Alaskan gets what he needs. Im in West Houston
Bigfootisreal
Excited to try that Indigo-- but I like oak and aged bourbon.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I have a bookers box available for pick up.

I'm in Round Rock. Come and take it.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Science Denier said:

Tksymm7 said:

Oooof. I like it at $39.99
Tom Cardy
AG
Haven't seen it below 45 in a hot minute. BT raised prices and distributors are passing them straight through
Science Denier
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Science Denier said:

Tksymm7 said:

Oooof. I like it at $39.99

lol, I like it at $80.
LOL OLD
srob2004
AG
I did not see it last time make it. It was sold out online in short time on the first release.
ConfidentAg
AG
Any recommendations for a reasonably priced solid rye that's available anywhere?

Same for wheated.

Want to try those and compare it to a normal bourbon.
Johnny Foosball
AG
High West Double Rye is phenomenal for the price. It really hits the spicy rye profile
Tom Cardy
AG
Rye is a lot more recipe dependent compared to bourbon, imo. You can find lots of 95/5 mgp ryes on the shelf under various labels, there are 51% ryes that drink closer to a high rye bourbon, and stuff in between. Proof also starts to play a big factor once you're stacking heat on top of spice, depending on your palate.

Sazerac is the classic rye and is fantastic for mixing. Not sure I'd choose it for a neat pour. Smoke wagon is mgp juice at various mash bills, you can find info on those online pretty easily. For a budget pickup, maybe a knob creek or wild turkey. Michter's rye is a bit more around $45 but is great at the price imo

Maker's is the answer to a wheater if you want to explore a bit. They have several plays on it for proof or finishing.
HouseDivided06
AG
Sazerac and Rittenhouse rye should be basically anywhere you buy liquor for under $30. Solid offerings. If you see Pikesville Rye, for $45 it is absolutely outstanding. Rossville Union Barrel Strength Rye is awesome if you want something higher proof and should be about $55-$60.

Wheaters, Makers Mark Cask Strength is great for under $40. Bernheim is a wheater, but their barrel proof is better than the standard offering. Can be hard to find the barrel proof. Benchmark Bonded is cheap and I BELIEVE wheated and very solid.
ConfidentAg
AG
Large store I went to yesterday didn't have a SINGLE Buffalo trace product. Not even benchmark.
AgDev01
AG
Budget Rye's - Rittenhouse or Old Forester. 60 dollar splurge - Jack SBBP Rye (130+ proof)

Wheated - Maker's (or Maker's 46 if you like vanilla),

Edit - I'd also add if you are looking to try various stuff, 50ml bottles are a great way to do it.
Bigfootisreal
Taste is so subjective, as is "reasonably priced".

Rare Breed Rye is my favorite- usually in stock and 45-50.

Wheated can be tough-but love the soft read wheat from Ben Holliday- bottled in bond is quite good.
ConfidentAg
AG
A variation of Makers and Old Forester Rye is what I'm thinking right now.
ConfidentAg
AG
Bigfootisreal said:

Taste is so subjective, as is "reasonably priced".

Rare Breed Rye is my favorite- usually in stock and 45-50.

Wheated can be tough-but love the soft read wheat from Ben Holliday- bottled in bond is quite good.

Soft red wheat is what I was originally going to buy but I haven't found it in store yet.
AGdent07
AG
Totally agree on grabbing Pikesville. It's a little harder to come across but great stuff.
BrokeAssAggie
3rd rec on Pikesville.
Aggie Therapist
AG
The 1792 Full Proof samples are in!
Texas_Aggie91
AG
Redwood Empire Emerald Giant
AgInSingapore
AG
Yeah, so I've got 2 that still have the plastic cover and little plastic bottle bottle catch, and a few others that I tossed the plastic bits and one little book box
Bulldog73
AG
I'm putting together a basket for a fundraiser benefiting local family is serious need. I'm assuming W12 catches eyes better than EHTSiB. Correct?
Aggie Therapist
AG
I think Weller 12 catches more eyes and appeals to the non bourbon enthusiasts.

IMO.
Bulldog73
AG
Cool. Ive got a bottle of Blanton's to go with it. Embrace the tater!
Aggie Therapist
AG
A black Weller bottle with a horse topper.

That will drum up some money!
Sazerac
AG
Sipping on Penelope Rio.
Do not recommend
ConfidentAg
AG
Any of y'all watch Bourbon Night on YouTube?

Really enjoying it.
Tom Cardy
AG
Amburana not my thing either. Just doesn't jive with my palate
BrokeAssAggie
Where you located? I really enjoy it. Maybe we could work something out.
First Page Last Page
Page 1083 of 1185

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.