Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

5,175,820 Views | 41528 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by dmart90
Brauny
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Lots of Booker's around town today.

I've never had it. Is it worth indexing on? Most of the price points were in the $100-$115 range.
Visor
AG
Often drinks hot and pricey
MediAg13
AG
I've read that 2 is 2 but 3 is 15 so we'll see how it goes
Aggie Therapist
AG
I would not drop that kind of money on Bookers.

They have breached their threshold on the price per bottle
MediAg13
AG
Haha I wish I could afford a second home. Definitely can't with a third 529 to fund
Brauny
Staff
Good to know. I'll lay off.

On the other hand, I've really enjoyed the Redwood Empire Pipe Dream Cask Strength. First product of theirs that I've got, and it's great.
Bulldog73
AG
It's solid, but that's more than I'd personally pay.
ChoppinDs40
AG
This KC9 barrel reserve is real good

Sweet front, oaky, complex finish. Good burn but not hot.
AgCzar
AG
Totally agree. I've had a "meh" McKenna 10 before, but I grabbed one recently that is insanely good and would crush more popular bottles in blinds. Had to grab a second bottle of it.
AgCzar
AG
Congrats! I can tell you from experience that going from 1 to 2 was a harder adjustment than 2 to 3. But it gets wild once #3 starts walking! It's so much fun though!
AgCzar
AG
Really depends on the batch. If you can get Mighty Fine Batch from '23 that's going to be the best of the recent releases. I like Booker's but also regret grabbing every release when I first got into bourbon. I have too many at this point and only buy them if they get stellar reviews.
reedsterg
AG
AgCzar said:

Really depends on the batch. If you can get Mighty Fine Batch from '23 that's going to be the best of the recent releases. I like Booker's but also regret grabbing every release when I first got into bourbon. I have too many at this point and only buy them if they get stellar reviews.
I have a Kentucky Tea Batch from '22 that I haven't cracked. Where does that one stand in the lineup?
Dallas Ag03
Agreed. One of my favorites!
AgCzar
AG
That's actually a pretty good one. I prefer the Mighty Fine Batch and and Noe Strangers Batch ('21 or '22) but Kentucky tea is good.

Just keep in mind that everything from Bookers is hot. Some high proof stuff drinks under its proof but Booker's ain't it.
AgCzar
AG
If you want to try it before you crack it let me know. I can send you a sample.
reedsterg
AG
AgCzar said:

If you want to try it before you crack it let me know. I can send you a sample.
That's a very generous offer. I think I may have seen it at a place here in town. I'll try that route before you go to any trouble. Thank you though.
AgCzar
AG
Your call. The offer stands, I don't mind sharing.
BrokeAssAggie
Bardstown batch is pretty damn good too
AlaskanAg99
AG
Most Beam products run hot. I've only been a fan of the Crik. I rarely buy the other 3 and Bookers has just become too expensive. I have 1 unopened in the back of the cabinet and I don't even know what it is. Last 4 years.

If anyone in Houston has extra boxes I'd buy 2. I need them for bitters for tiki.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I had group therapy yesterday that my supervisor sat in on.

"Alright guys, what's your go to place for a positive distraction from life's problems?"

Patient: "the strip club, I love the smell, lights and sights of a good strip club. Nothing can replace seeing beautiful women dancing on stage. I can spend a couple thousand a night there."

Which one of you said that…..
LPHA
AG
Please don't share my business
Bazooka Joe
AG
Raises hand slowly.
AgInSingapore
AG
I've got bookers boxes you can have for free, west spring branch.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Who am I to judge……I just redirected him to something that doesn't destroy his finances…
reedsterg
AG
The New Riff 8 year is back in stock. Can anyone confirm if it is worth the $95 (shipped)?
srob2004
AG
Yes -- i'm a huge fan. I ordered 2 when it came back in. Excited as i just finished my first bottle from the first online release
Science Denier
AG
Is orphan barrel bourbon a unicorn? It's $225, but I may get it if it's worth much more.

Also, what is a good price for Bookers?
LOL OLD
mforce
AG
Haven't tried it yet but I went ahead and bought 2.
Tksymm7
AG
You'll have to be more specific on which Orphan Barrel/bottle it is. They do a ton of stuff.
ryeguy
Which one?
Science Denier
AG
Tksymm7 said:

You'll have to be more specific on which Orphan Barrel/bottle it is. They do a ton of stuff.
indigos
LOL OLD
AgDev01
AG
Science Denier said:

Is orphan barrel bourbon a unicorn? It's $225, but I may get it if it's worth much more.

It is sourced (looks like MGP, Barton, and Dickel), which doesn't mean its bad but its not something i would drop any money on.

Bookers is worth 80-90. Any more than that and and you should probably just go with a Knob Creek product.
Science Denier
AG
AgDev01 said:

Science Denier said:

It is sourced (looks like MGP, Barton, and Dickel), which doesn't mean its bad but its not something i would drop any money on.

Bookers is worth 80-90. Any more than that and and you should probably just go with a Knob Creek product.
the Bookers was $121.
LOL OLD
Tksymm7
AG
Seems like this is below secondary for sure, but like others have said it's sourced, and so it might be something you really like or it might not be. Orphan is all around just a little different, so do with that what you will.
reedsterg
AG
srob2004 said:

Yes -- i'm a huge fan. I ordered 2 when it came back in. Excited as i just finished my first bottle from the first online release
Does it ever make it to stores?
First Page Last Page
Page 1082 of 1187

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.