Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,890,988 Views | 38888 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by srob2004
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got my hands on a bottle of Blanton's yesterday.
07fta07
AG
Picked up another Eagle Rare and a buddy got me a Taylor Small Batch yesterday.
Sazerac
AG
Nice scores.

Picked up a Rare Breed and RR single barrel store pick
Bunk Moreland
Got my hands on a bottle of Blanton's yesterday.
Sazerac
AG
At retail in TX??
Bunk Moreland
Yep. My brother snagged it from a Spec's in Austin 2 weeks ago. 3rd one he's been able to find over the last 6-8 months so this one finally goes to me.
07fta07
AG
Just this week in Houston me and a buddy have found a couple Blantons, WA107, several Eagle Rare, a couple BT single barrel store pick, and a couple EH Taylor Small Batch. All retail. I passed on a 15 year Knob Creek today. I've been surprised what we've found.
Sazerac
AG
Specs/total wine or small places?

I'm shocked. I havent seen blantons, eagle rare, or EHT on a Houston shelf in over 3 years. I got one ER by asking for allocation at a TW last year.

Maybe I'm just unlucky or don't go early enough in the day.

Fallisfun16
Dang, that's impressive. The best I've been able to find in the past year in Houston is a TW Eagle Rare pick and recently an EHT Small Batch
07fta07
AG
Specs and TW. And it seems they're both moving more toward putting them on the shelf now, TW especially. Some of the Specs are and others are leaving them in the managers office.

TW had ER and WA107 on the shelf. I asked about Blantons and the guy brought me one plus another I assumed he was going to put on the shelf but someone saw him carrying it and asked for it. Not sure if they had more after that. I know my buddy got the Taylors and his Blantons at Specs but I'm not sure if they were on the shelf or not. The BT store picks were I believe from a Twin Liquors.
SpiderDude
AG
07fta07 said:

Just this week in Houston me and a buddy have found a couple Blantons, WA107, several Eagle Rare, a couple BT single barrel store pick, and a couple EH Taylor Small Batch. All retail. I passed on a 15 year Knob Creek today. I've been surprised what we've found.

You've been on a roll for sure.

Sazerac
AG
I did just see - and passed on - buffalo trace on the shelf at TW Memorial. That's an improvement at least.
jetch17
AG
TW memorial licks
dmart90
AG
Just cracked open my bottle of Knob Creek 12. Man that's smoooooth! There's heat, but no burn. There's some oak, but not too much. And some vanilla. I like this quite a bit. Great with a big cube on a warm day!

SpiderDude
AG
dmart90 said:

Just cracked open my bottle of Knob Creek 12. Man that's smoooooth! There's heat, but no burn. There's some oak, but not too much. And some vanilla. I like this quite a bit. Great with a big cube on a warm day!

Waiting by the door for my FedEx shipment of 14.5 year KC SB 120. #hurrythe****upfedex!!!
SpiderDude
AG

dmart90
AG
AggBock said:

Austin Aggies! I went to Oak Liquor Cabinet on my way to San Antonio. They are releasing an awesome bottle of 4 Roses BP on Saturday with a big sticker on the side. I got to see it but could not buy it. Can someone pick me one up Saturday? I am in Fort Worth and would pay or trade for it. Please PM

In line now at OLC - the line wraps around the building...
SpiderDude
AG
dmart90 said:

AggBock said:

Austin Aggies! I went to Oak Liquor Cabinet on my way to San Antonio. They are releasing an awesome bottle of 4 Roses BP on Saturday with a big sticker on the side. I got to see it but could not buy it. Can someone pick me one up Saturday? I am in Fort Worth and would pay or trade for it. Please PM

In line now at OLC - the line wraps around the building...

Missed out due to previous obligation. I think this was a record sellout time for him. Less than an hour.
https://instagr.am/p/CBqd6PKFjEM
AggBock
AG
Yikes. 30 min. What was retail on this?
dmart90
AG
Not sure. But he broke out a case of Eagle Rare for the last 6 in line. Also grabbed a bottle of Bulleit Blenders Select.
CharlieBrown17
AG
^above is an interesting thing Raj does

I read they only sold 80 of those 4Roses bottles and I'd bet bet had at least 120 bottles

That eagle rare pick is 2 or 3 years old and still shows up from time to time
SpiderDude
AG
He released an ER pick earlier this year. It's likely from that one.
SpiderDude
AG
AggBock said:

$75
CharlieBrown17
AG
SpiderDude said:

He released an ER pick earlier this year. It's likely from that one.

Ahh missed that one I guess.

He still keeps a lot back for future releases and etc from more desirable picks
CactusThomas
AG
He also split the barrel of 4r with Shaker. So he only started with 100 or so bottles. Or so I heard.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Told ya man! Wild times in the bourbon world.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
SpiderDude said:

AggBock said:

$75

Holy crap. So the 4Roses was $100+?
dmart90
AG
It was Single Barrel Barrel Stength OBSF 9 year, I believe. $75 is a fair price...
Ducks4brkfast
AG
dmart90 said:

It was Single Barrel Barrel Stength OBSF 9 year, I believe. $75 is a fair price...

I thought he was referring to the Eagle Rare.

BUT $75 for the 4R is still too much.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
But I haven't bought a store pick 4R in a long time so perhaps that's where we're at now ?
dmart90
AG
I routinely see the regular Single Barrel 4 Roses for around $50 - which is insane.
LPHA
AG
The barrel picks I've seen lately have all been up there in price. It is a little ridiculous, but the HBS Robusto pick is one of the best I've ever had.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
HBS = houston bourbon society?

Edit: wrong emoji
LPHA
AG
Yeah, it's mostly a big circle jerk, but every now and then it doesn't suck
Chipotlemonger
AG
Agree to disagree. I would gladly pay $75 for a good single barrel pick, barrel strength bourbon, from Oak Liquor.
First Page Last Page
Page 467 of 1112

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.