Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,867,895 Views | 38681 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by ryeguy
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just picked up a Bottle of Bookers Granny Batch. It's a Father's Day gift for my father in law. $75 at Specs from the allocated selection in the back room.
mazag08
AG
Also, has anyone tried the Specs pick Woodford Double Oaked? I'd love to hear how it compares to the normal offering.
haydland
AG
Thoughts on Rhetoric 25? Just picked up a bottle
FriedTex
AG
OBSF is my least favorite yeast strain, I'm an OESV guy all the way
CharlieBrown17
AG
dmart90 said:

It was Single Barrel Barrel Stength OBSF 9 year, I believe. $75 is a fair price...

10 yr 1 month I believe

But yeah 75 isnt terrible for that
D-Dubya-09
AG
Was on this listed at two locations for the Wild Turkey Master's Keep BIB and got both. Anyways, If anyone would like to trade (interested in W12 and ECBP) and is located in Houston, pm me!
the dude10
AG
I'm in the Austin area but have both to trade, though I am sure you will garner some interest from folks locally as well. Anyways, I would meet up or even be ok waiting to execute a trade until it is convenient if you want
Post removed:
by user
MOCO9
AG
haydland said:

Thoughts on Rhetoric 25? Just picked up a bottle
Rhetoric is one of my favorites. You will really enjoy that bottle.
Copp
Picked up a couple of barrel picks of wild turkey Kentucky spirit from specs last week. Really good pour! Also picked up a RR barrel pick they had
LPHA
AG
CactusThomas
AG
That's all you need in life
D-Dubya-09
AG
I also picked up a KC 15 and in my opinion, it's so close to the KC 12, that I am just not sure it is worth double the price.
Sazerac
AG
Got the same RR store pick at Total Wine. It's pretty good but didn't think it was worth the price. Won't buy again.

The KS seems like it's just single barrel WT101. Cost? Thoughts once you crack?
Cyprian
AG
Last week I picked up a "special occasion" bottle of Cream of Kentucky 13 yr. It was at TW Willowbrook. My current plan is to open it at Thanksgiving when I see my folks & probably some other close family for the first time in a while (we live far apart).
07fta07
AG
I picked up the KC 12 yesterday and had a couple last night. Very enjoyable.
Copp
I enjoy the RR picks. Some better than others.

I am a WT 101 fan so maybe that's why I like the Kentucky Spirit pick. Has a nice spice on the backend. Great nose (but I love the nose on bourbon period, not too picky haha). Had a couple pours of the Kentucky spirit last night and really enjoyed it. Very light in color for a 10 year aged bourbon
Post removed:
by user
Texas_Aggie91
AG
Edit: didn't see location.
Post removed:
by user
Sazerac
AG
Those are eagle rares?
I'll take that lot
Post removed:
by user
07fta07
AG
I'll take them if no one else comes through above.
Sazerac
AG
I can't make it out to LC so they are yours.
If you live on the west side I'd buy one of the ER from you If you want to share.
mazag08
AG
Holy hell.. bookers granny batch is awesome awesome stuff.

Explosion of roasted peanut flavor, definite barrel influence. Very buttery mouth feel. Lingers in your mouth well after you're done. Definitely a bite and a little musty at the end. A couple drops of water really balances it out. The flavor burst goes away but the feel and finish are much smoother. And then 10 minutes after you're done, all you taste is peanut brittle. It's been 30 minutes since I finished and I can still taste it. That's a pretty rare thing from my experiences.
AggBock
AG
Glad to hear about the granny's batch. Picked 2 up last week. Got a beaten biscuits Saturday in San Antonio. They has 6. Cases at specs. I thought that was odd as I can't find any of it in Dfw.
07fta07
AG
I was down in the area yesterday but won't be back there until at least next weekend, so if you or someone else wants them, have at it.

Nevermind, I see they're gone.
Goodest Poster
AG
mazag08 said:

Also, has anyone tried the Specs pick Woodford Double Oaked? I'd love to hear how it compares to the normal offering.
We opened one yesterday and was completely underwhelmed. I little bit like dry white wine on the tongue, weak everywhere else. Best thing it has going is the nose which isn't overly impressive. I would not buy this one again.
Cyprian
AG
mazag08 said:

Explosion of roasted peanut flavor, definite barrel influence. Very buttery mouth feel. Lingers in your mouth well after you're done. Definitely a bite and a little musty at the end. A couple drops of water really balances it out. The flavor burst goes away but the feel and finish are much smoother. And then 10 minutes after you're done, all you taste is peanut brittle. It's been 30 minutes since I finished and I can still taste it. That's a pretty rare thing from my experiences.
Ha, I feel like I was meant to read this. I picked one up today actually at Specs during lunch.

NW Houston - Spec's over by Willowbrook had a line of them on the shelf.
SpiderDude
AG
AggBock said:

Glad to hear about the granny's batch. Picked 2 up last week. Got a beaten biscuits Saturday in San Antonio. They has 6. Cases at specs. I thought that was odd as I can't find any of it in Dfw.

Yeah it's never been hard to find here in Austin. Not that I buy it often...I prefer the KC SiB's.
Goodest Poster
AG
Cyprian said:

mazag08 said:

Ha, I feel like I was meant to read this. I picked one up today actually at Specs during lunch.

NW Houston - Spec's over by Willowbrook had a line of them on the shelf.

We opened up a 2020-01 today as well. It was better after it breathed awhile. We also opened a 12.3 Cream, which i was shocked . Had a bitter, short finish but was pretty awesome at 102. I liked it better than the Granny...BUT it was also 2x the price which sucked.
MJ20/20
AG
The Spec's Kentucky Spirit barrel pick is awesome. They should be fairly readily available around town. They are treating them as allocated so you may have to ask.
Post removed:
by user
D-Dubya-09
AG
I was in a hole in the wall liquor store yesterday, southwest houston area, and they had a bottle of 2019 Angels Envy Cask Strength with the wood box. I didn't pull the trigger on it because I don't like A.E. all that much and it was a bit rich at $369 (I think). Anyways, if anyone was looking for one PM me for details.
AGdent07
AG
dmwilson2009 said:

I was in a hole in the wall liquor store yesterday, southwest houston area, and they had a bottle of 2019 Angels Envy Cask Strength with the wood box. I didn't pull the trigger on it because I don't like A.E. all that much and it was a bit rich at $369 (I think). Anyways, if anyone was looking for one PM me for details.
I know of a A.E. cask strength in a wood box that is at MSRP. It still is like $230. I like A.E. rye but can't justify the large price difference for cask strength.
First Page Last Page
Page 468 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.