Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,891,842 Views | 38912 Replies | Last: 33 sec ago by Science Denier
FlyFish95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$300 for ETL? Good grief. So glad I got out of this rabbit hole. I'm come on here for fun every now and then to see what craziness have developed over time.

A handful of years ago that stuff was on the shelf collecting dust for $30/bottle.
Credible Source
AG
Yup. I personally just got burned out and stopped chasing, fortunalty I accumulated enough whiskey to last me a very long time in the process. It is insane that regular ass Buffalo trace bourbon is being treated as a "find" or allocated whisky. There is nothing special about it.
SpiderDude
AG
BT is a good daily drinker. Nothing more, nothing less.
agcrock2005
AG
I just wonder if supply can ever catch up with demand to moderate this BS.
SpiderDude
AG
It will. That's how markets work. I don't think it'll ever crash completely tho. A lot of these growth is in overseas markets. Even schlub Europeans are starting to realize our juice is better than theirs.
FriedTex
AG
Well they are building more and more rickhouses so hopefully
SpiderDude
AG
Craft liquor is also "going local" so the supply is naturally increasing. Hell...I live in Austin and you could just about fill a liquor cabinet with all the locally produced brands within an hour or so drive from here.
FriedTex
AG
Picked up a bottle of Old Scout SB tonight (13yr) and it's beautiful
tx4guns
AG
It's Dickel distillate.
FriedTex
AG
I noticed the Tennessee reference when I got home and cracked it. It's a good bourbon - but not great like the old MGP ones (i think that's where they use to source from)
tlfw378
AG
Headed to Lawrenceburg KY this weekend, any recommendations on which distilleries to try and see?
John Francis Donaghy
tlfw378 said:

Headed to Lawrenceburg KY this weekend, any recommendations on which distilleries to try and see?

Four Roses and Wild Turkey are both in Lawrenceburg.

Woodford Reserve is just outside of Versailles, and Buffalo Trace is in Frankfort. Both are within 20 minutes or so drive of Lawrenceburg.
Vade281
AG
Four Roses is okay. I recommend going to WT over 4R.
FriedTex
AG
Best tour by FAR is Woodford

Worst bourbon however
RaylanGivens
Anyone have the opportunity to sample Bird dog 10 year very small batch? This guy seems to think it's worth a try at around $30. Sourced juice...Maybe Barton?

tx4guns
AG
Go see Buffalo Trace and Castle and Key after you finish Wild Turkey and Four Roses.
Fall92
AG
RaylanGivens said:

Anyone have the opportunity to sample Bird dog 10 year very small batch? This guy seems to think it's worth a try at around $30. Sourced juice...Maybe Barton?

I have a bottle. It's okay but I recall it being in the $40+ range. The regular small batch is the one in the $25-$30 range. It's a decent one to have on the shelf but it won't wow you and there are plenty of other, better bottles you can get for the same price.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Mckenna reject barrels?
tlfw378
AG
Thanks guys for the advice.
GarlandAg2012
GarlandAg2012
AG
Dammit didn't mean to hit post.

Would y'all pay $50 for a bottle of Eagle Rare?
jetch17
AG
No.
John Francis Donaghy
Absolutely not.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Didn't think so. I can't wait for supply to continue to grow so decent juice is actually available at MSRP on the shelf.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Stopped by Oak Cabinet today and they still have quite a bit of Buffalo Trace on the shelf. If you are in the Austin area and BT is your thing, they have it.

They also had some W.L. Weller Special Reserve. Anyone have some feedback on this bourbon?
boboguitar
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

Stopped by Oak Cabinet today and they still have quite a bit of Buffalo Trace on the shelf. If you are in the Austin area and BT is your thing, they have it.

They also had some W.L. Weller Special Reserve. Anyone have some feedback on this bourbon?

WSR is a great $20 wheat bourbon.
Farmer1906
AG
boboguitar said:

Aggie Pharmer said:

WSR is a great $20 wheat bourbon.

Keep talking like that and it'll be on allocated in 6 weeks.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Shelf turds worthy of a mixer of coke.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

Man, if that's all that caught your eye at OLC you need to go back and flag the owner, Raju, for a chat.

Dude consistently has the best priced and stocked store in Austin.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Aggie Pharmer said:

Man, if that's all that caught your eye at OLC you need to go back and flag the owner, Raju, for a chat.

Dude consistently has the best priced and stocked store in Austin.
I'll hit you up on FB tomorrow....
schwack schwack
AG
Specs in College Station had BT on the shelf yesterday.
SpiderDude
AG
Please stop posting about BT being available places. If you're going to do that you might as well let us know how many handles of Jack they had on hand as well...:/
Aggie Pharmer
AG
SpiderDude said:

Please stop posting about BT being available places. If you're going to do that you might as well let us know how many handles of Jack they had on hand as well...:/

Had about 20 handles of Jack at OCL yesterday
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

Well, excuse me for posting about a Bourbon in the Bourbon thread. It's not up to me to judge what people like or don't like but I see people on here talking about the scarcity of --- dare I say it again....BT --- and thought it might be a helpful post if someone was looking for it.
jetch17
First Page Last Page
Page 367 of 1112

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.