Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,876,709 Views | 38808 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by trouble
TikkaShooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice. I think if I won I'd just put it all in a box, tape it shut, and let me kids find it when I die.
Objective Aggie
AG
Bourbon. Basketball. Cigars.

With my oldest before he goes back to A&M.
Sazerac
AG
Nice outdoor setup
Ornithopter
AG
Got a Smokewagon Uncut Unfiltered today and it's pretty good, very intense classic bourbon flavors.
Mort Rainey
AggieBarstool said:

Geez, what's the secondary on that? $7500 or so? $10000?

Not even close.
Phat32
AG
What's the current hysteria around Weller CYPB and FP? Can't find it anywhere for less than $300-500. Is it that good or just rare?
Bunk Moreland
Rare
Gunner33
Rare.

Full Proof is waaaay better than CYPB
lazuras_dc
AG
and full proof aint even that good
Bigfootisreal
Not to derail- what is that floor? Stamped concrete?
Reginald Cousins
S
Objective Aggie
AG
Bigfootisreal said:

Not to derail- what is that floor? Stamped concrete?

Tile (woodlook).

I have a gigantic glass window between my patio and Family room and I have wood floors so I got an outdoor tile to match.
Mort Rainey
Phat32 said:

What's the current hysteria around Weller CYPB and FP? Can't find it anywhere for less than $300-500. Is it that good or just rare?

Weller is delicious. They said, there's never been a bigger disparity between what something is worth and how good it is than Weller right now
Wheatables02
AG
Mort Rainey said:

Phat32 said:

Weller is delicious. They said, there's never been a bigger disparity between what something is worth and how good it is than Weller right now
Except for the EH Taylor Products - especially the older special release of "Old Fashioned Sour Mash" going for $16000 now on Secondary. MSRP was around $89.
D-Dubya-09
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Going to have to disagree with that. For a 114 proof bourbon, it checks every box in my opinion. And at retail, it is a win all day long. At secondary, well, what bourbon is truly worth secondary......
Farmer1906
AG
dmwilson2009 said:

lazuras_dc said:

Going to have to disagree with that. For a 114 proof bourbon, it checks every box in my opinion. And at retail, it is a win all day long. At secondary, well, what bourbon is truly worth secondary......
Agreed. It is dilightful.
tlfw378
AG
Mort Rainey said:

Phat32 said:

I would have to think Pappy is grand champion of juice doesn't meet the secondary squeeze.
Phat32
AG
Has anyone seen the Weller premiums at MSRP? $300 is the lowest I've seen FP when sitting on the shelf.
Bunk Moreland
Phat32 said:

Has anyone seen the Weller premiums at MSRP? $300 is the lowest I've seen FP when sitting on the shelf.

I know someone who has gotten them (though it's been a year or so now) at MSRP from a Spec's in Austin.
lazuras_dc
AG
dmwilson2009 said:

lazuras_dc said:

I know it's all preference and maybe just me but it came in dead last for me in a blind against OWA and W12. Maybe I'm not a big wheater guy bc I wasn't that impressed w/ lot B either. Don't get me wrong, they're good ... but don't get the hype. --> also to be fair the WFP I had was a store pick so it may have been an off barrel? I don't know.

I agree, not many worth secondary I suppose, but Id pay secondary all day for Stagg Jr. for example

To answer the other question above. I got a WFP at msrp a few weeks ago, and another as a bundle package at specs w a couple other BS bottles and random accessories for $200.

Sazerac
AG
big box has them on the shelf (for a few seconds) at retail. several guys on here seem to have the luck at walking in at the right time...

all the mom and pop are going to mark it up closer to true market.
proc
AG
My Mom and Pop store has come through for me this year with a WFP, Stagg Jr, and a ETL. The markups were not bad, but I am a long time loyal customer.

That Stagg Jr is my favorite. I love a heater.
MW03
AG
Once upon a time circa 2008, I got a Stagg at MSRP. That will never happen again.

However, for the rest of the bourbons i've personally been able to purchase at MSRP, my favorite has to be OWA.
AgHawkeye
AG
Phat32 said:

July 9th I paid $75 at Twin Liquors. Lucky find. Only time it's been there in the last year.
Ag-Hawkeye
Farmer1906
AG
proc said:

My Mom and Pop store has come through for me this year with a WFP, Stagg Jr, and a ETL. The markups were not bad, but I am a long time loyal customer.

That Stagg Jr is my favorite. I love a heater.

I think those prices are backward.
Bulldog73
AG
Local store has GB 2018 for $82.21, ER10 $60.04, and Blanton's for $69.28. Those all seem high for retail. Am I off base for saying hard pass for all of these?
jetch17
AG
ER is grossly overpriced blantons is priced 'meh-ly' but not crazy over

GB can suck it.
07fta07
AG
That's pretty close to retail on Blantons (Total Wine is $66.99 now). ER is is about double.
Bulldog73
AG
Thanks. Do y'all have a spreadsheet or app you use to track prices or just keep it in your head? I'm very new to all of this. Some KC 120 proof is the biggest jump I've made so far.
CactusThomas
AG
I won't argue that it's a good value if you plan on drinking it but I am shocked that you are finding Blanton's on the shelf for $69.

I would be a buyer at that price for sure.
MW03
AG
CactusThomas said:

I won't argue that it's a good value if you plan on drinking it but I am shocked that you are finding Blanton's on the shelf for $69.

I would be a buyer at that price for sure.

Same. Blanton's is an extremely solid drinker for $70. You sure that's 750ml?
Bulldog73
AG
Yep. Confirmed in store, but here's their app.
JimbloFisher
AG
Where?
Bulldog73
AG
Waco area, I'm sure it'll be sold out by morning now.

Update: it's already listed as sold out.
JimbloFisher
AG
I'd jump on it if I was in that area
First Page Last Page
Page 648 of 1109

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.