Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,864,297 Views | 38666 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by trouble
TikkaShooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shoot me an e-mail and we can discuss.

tikkashooter at the yahoo email address dot com
lazuras_dc
AG
I think I walked into that liquor store in NOLA. Wanted $800 for GTS and $300 for EC18 and also had pappy line- didn't ask on cost.
austinag1997
AG
lazuras_dc said:

I think I walked into that liquor store in NOLA. Wanted $800 for GTS and $300 for EC18 and also had pappy line- didn't ask on cost.

What liquor store in NOLA?
lazuras_dc
AG
Avenue Spirits and Wine on st. Charles
austinag1997
AG
Think I picked up a bottle of EC18 years ago. Isnt that the place near Lee Circle...er whatever they call it now?
austinag1997
AG
Nevermind... not the same place.
FriedTex
AG
This is outstanding - AE single barrel store pick from Specs. 106 proof

aggie7020
AG
Anyone seen Russell's Reserve 13 in Texas yet?
proc
AG
No, but I'm iso.
MW03
AG
Tried a random after becoming disenfranchised in the hunt. Picked up Stellum rye, which I think is a cask strength MGP blend from the folks that make Barrell. Pretty solid for $50. Creamy, spicy, and strong. Very solid on the rocks. Glad I bought it.
lazuras_dc
AG
Had a THH @ Commanders Palace for $20 a pour which I thought was super reasonable and it was a very good pour... it might be blasphemy but I don't know if its THAT much better than like a High West Rendezvous to justify the cost/hunt.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
I can't find Rendezvous anymore...
lazuras_dc
AG
Welp I better start stocking up and contribute to the shortage lol
Bigfootisreal
Thoughts on Balcones Texas Bock? Saw it was released and know it sold quickly last year. How is it relative to their single malt?
MarathonAg12
Bigfootisreal said:

Thoughts on Balcones Texas Bock? Saw it was released and know it sold quickly last year. How is it relative to their single malt?

The Balcones Texas Bock tastes like there is beer that shouldn't be in your bourbon and the Shiner Balcones Beer tastes there is bourbon that shouldn't be in your beer.
LPHA
AG
It's very polarizing. I like it a lot
SpiderDude
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Bigfootisreal said:

The Balcones Texas Bock tastes like there is beer that shouldn't be in your bourbon and the Shiner Balcones Beer tastes there is bourbon that shouldn't be in your beer.

Actually I disagree completely (on the whiskey... agree on the beer). I don't get beer at all in the Texas Bock. I compare it to a fancy/naturally flavored Fireball. VERY strong cinnamon notes.
SpiderDude
AG
Bigfootisreal said:

In addition to what I mentioned above... would say it doesn't compare to the single malt AT ALL. Completely different taste profile due to different mashbill and yeast.
MarathonAg12
Anyone have any tasting notes or good things to say about balmorhea?
tlfw378
AG
Distiller.com has a review with tasting notes.
tlfw378
AG
Reddit also has several.
aggiebrother33
Had my first pour of Angels Envy, man it's smooth. Do they make anything else other than Rye or Single Barrel?
jh0400
AG
Cask Strength, but it is pricey for what it is.
Bigfootisreal
So bought a Texas Bock last night. Really like it- didn't think the cinnamon was overwhelming. Lighter than the single malt but very tasty! Can see myself drinking a lot of this in the summer.
SpiderDude
AG
aggiebrother33 said:

Had my first pour of Angels Envy, man it's smooth. Do they make anything else other than Rye or Single Barrel?

They do some special releases and now have a barrel select program. But their rye and port finished bourbon are their main offerings. The rye is flavored by the way.
SpiderDude
AG
To me it's more of a cold weather whiskey but to each their own.
MarathonAg12
SpiderDude said:

To me it's more of a cold weather whiskey but to each their own.

Speaking of Cold Weather. I had MWND for the first time last weekend and it was cinnamon bomb that would be perfect for winter
aggiemike89
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Anyone have any tasting notes or good things to say about balmorhea?
I don't remember or have any tasting notes but I really like it. Like it so much I had my go to guy find me two bottles. I wouldn't give you $20 for regular GB but the Balmorhea is great.
proc
AG
Anyone in DFW looking for KC12? I'm headed to my place later today.
MarathonAg12
proc said:

What store are you going to? That way I can go get it myself and don't have to trouble you.
MW03
AG
proc said:

For sure if the price is right. If you'd prefer not to list your fishing hole, that's cool.
proc
AG
I'm good with sharing locations, I just don't know many folks that will drive to Rio Vista on the Johnson/Bosque line for the chance at a bottle.

When I get there, I will update. If they are there and you want me to mule to North Dallas tomorrow, I figured that would be the easier favor.
Avocado Toast
AG
Solid start to the weekend in Denver.
proc
AG
No KC12, but there is WR DO, Booker's Pigskin, Bull Run SB, Lone Elm SB, and FAE.

Rio Vista Liquor. Good luck.
MarathonAg12
Russell's 13 dropped today and its 300-400 on secondary already
First Page Last Page
Page 632 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.