Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,862,096 Views | 38643 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by BrokeAssAggie
IBMs_Watson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is the going (secondary) rate for 1792 12yr? (I'm not on facebook, and haven't found a backup secondary-site replacement.)

I'm in the Houston area and would like to trade for one, but I don't want to: 1) make a dumb offer or 2) get my face ripped off.
postman56
AG
Has anyone found allocated raffles this year in Houston? I haven't seen anything from WB that I normally do.
postman56
AG
I've seen about 150-190 for the 1792 12 Yr btw
postman56
AG
IBMs_Watson said:

What is the going (secondary) rate for 1792 12yr? (I'm not on facebook, and haven't found a backup secondary-site replacement.)

I'm in the Houston area and would like to trade for one, but I don't want to: 1) make a dumb offer or 2) get my face ripped off.

I've seen about 150-190 for the 1792 12 Yr
MJ20/20
AG
Ryan's liquor in spring is having one Dec. 26
postman56
AG
I do have a couple tickets for that but not many.
Was thinking more along the lines of WB or Twin liquors, I'm surprised I haven't seen anything from them.
I know specs and total wine are all status and points though
Sixdrakes
AG
postman56 said:

Has anyone found allocated raffles this year in Houston? I haven't seen anything from WB that I normally do.
WB Liquors in the Houston area are not holding raffles this year, per my local WB manager. She also told me only two stores are holding a PVW charity raffle this year. One in College Station and one El Paso.
Sixdrakes
AG
IBMs_Watson said:

I have one in the west Houston area I might want to trade. Message me what you have for trade.
dmart90
AG
Just closed on our condo in Driggs, Id. Can't wait to spend the summers in the shadow of the Grand Tetons!

Cheers!
MJ20/20
AG
Is there a WB in College Station?
Bunk Moreland
Used to be but it closed. There's one in Bryan that is a bigger store.

One year the wb in CS did a raffle to buy 1 PVW and 1 ORVW at msrp....

5 whole people participated. I wasn't selected.
Wheatables02
AG
postman56 said:

It's not worth that price point. More than likely, its someone trying to complete a 1792 vertical that will pay that.

You can get ECBP for $65 in a store or $90 secondary and its 10 x the bourbon the 1792 12 year is.
SpiderDude
AG
Wheatables02 said:

postman56 said:

It's not worth that price point. More than likely, its someone trying to complete a 1792 vertical that will pay that.

You can get ECBP for $65 in a store or $90 secondary and its 10 x the bourbon the 1792 12 year is.

You took the words right out of my mouth sir. ECBP >>> 1792 12 year (hell any 1792).
Sixdrakes
AG
MJ20/20 said:

Is there a WB in College Station?
She probably meant Bryan
LPHA
AG
Picked up a THH for msrp, or at least close. Excited to see what all the fuss is about
LawHall88
AG
Sazerac
AG
How did you swing that?
CharlieBrown17
AG
One 8 dollar pack of cigs at a time
Sazerac
Ornithopter
AG
I bet he buys a lot of booze
Chip Douglas
Where is the best place to purchase secondary market bottles? I see a lot of references to secondary market but not sure where to look to purchase besides the trade thread.
LPHA
AG
I also bring them lunch, and take their kids to school every other week
AGdent07
AG
LPHA said:

I also bring them lunch, and take their kids to school every other week

And all you got was a Handy?
LPHA
AG
Got some good booze too
IBMs_Watson
Sixdrakes said:

IBMs_Watson said:

I have one in the west Houston area I might want to trade. Message me what you have for trade.
Thanks! I can't DM. Shoot me an email: buymy2006mx5 @ gmail . com

Fair warning - the miata was sold a long time ago.
Gunner33
Chip Douglas said:

Where is the best place to purchase secondary market bottles? I see a lot of references to secondary market but not sure where to look to purchase besides the trade thread.

Plenty of secondary markets on Facebook
BSM
Furniture and Libations.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
postman56 said:

IBMs_Watson said:

I've seen about 150-190 for the 1792 12 Yr

One up for sale right now for $120
Sixdrakes
AG
IBMs_Watson said:

Sixdrakes said:

IBMs_Watson said:

Thanks! I can't DM. Shoot me an email: buymy2006mx5 @ gmail . com

Fair warning - the miata was sold a long time ago.
I sent you an email
Baby Billy
AG
Woodford Double Oak has gone up a good $15 in the past few months. Why? It's available everywhere you go in central Texas. That's like 30%....
mazag08
AG
ehrmantraut said:

Woodford Double Oak has gone up a good $15 in the past few months. Why? It's available everywhere you go in central Texas. That's like 30%....
Are you sure you weren't seeing a barrel pick?

If not, then I suspect its because people have realized that it's a fantastic and unique bourbon that rivals a lot of the highly sought after stuff.. demand has gone up. There is an equilibrium between supply and demand that usually results in a price that makes the two meet.
lazuras_dc
AG
I found a woodford double oak at Total Wine here (actually drank some last night)
but the local liquor stores say they haven't had any on shelves in a bit.
CTGilley
AG
I see it everywhere. Total wine has it for ~45 and store picks are ~60. Twin has it for under $50 and the corner store for just over 50.
62strat
AG
this auction ends 12/31.. shows what these items are going for in my zip lol.. Ridiculous, and it still has 3 weeks left.
Sazerac
AG
Those are current bids??

Absurd!
jetch17
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 551 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.