Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,861,778 Views | 38631 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Aggie Therapist
RenoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not a big deal for some of yall but I just found a honey hole of ECBP on my way home to Htown from the Smoky Mountains. 64.99 each plus taxes. Got 5 bottles. One bottle of each: B520, A119, A120, C919 and B519.
Sazerac
AG
That's a great score!
Would love to buy one from you

It's a dang fine bottle
dmart90
AG
Did a tasting/bottling at Milam & Greene today with their master master distiller Marlene today. Lots of fun. Marlene was a straight shooter and very informative. We tasted a Port Rye and a couple of bourbons. They were totally transparent, what we tasted today was sourced and aged there. Wish we had tried their bourbon, but it was still fun.

RenoAg
Sazerac said:

That's a great score!
Would love to buy one from you

It's a dang fine bottle

You live in the Htown area? I'll set one aside for you. At my cost is all I want for it. Happy to pass it along. I'll keep the B520 and C919 but you can pick amongst the other 3.
Sazerac
AG
Sweet!
Yep on the west side.

I'm sure some others would want a bottle if you are looking to unload. You should take a little profit though
RenoAg
Sazerac said:

Sweet!
Yep on the west side.

I'm sure some others would want a bottle if you are looking to unload. You should take a little profit though

Let me know when you want yo meet up. It'll be easy. I live in Katy. I'll part with the other 2 if anyone wants them. This store actually had plenty more. And the guy there told me he'd sell me as many of what he had as I wanted. He apparently has no problem getting it like we do here. Could make a Texags Htown run for ECBP at some point in the future if we have enough interest. Would need someone to join to share driving with me though. Probably 8 hours each way from here. That's a heck of a long day to do all the driving by yourself.
BQRyno
AG
RenoAg said:

Sazerac said:

Sweet!
Yep on the west side.

I'll part with the other 2 if anyone wants them. This store actually had plenty more. Could make a Texags Htown run for ECBP at some point in the future if we have enough interest. Would need someone to join to share driving with me though. Probably 8 hours each way from here.

I would happily give you a bit of profit for an ECBP. I haven't seen it in I think 2 years now and just recently polished of the bottle I bought back then. I nursed it since I figured I was unlikely to replace it. I'm down in the Richmond area.
RenoAg
BQRyno said:

RenoAg said:

Sazerac said:

Sweet!
Yep on the west side.

I'll part with the other 2 if anyone wants them. This store actually had plenty more. Could make a Texags Htown run for ECBP at some point in the future if we have enough interest. Would need someone to join to share driving with me though. Probably 8 hours each way from here.

I would happily give you a bit of profit for an ECBP. I haven't seen it in I think 2 years now and just recently polished of the bottle I bought back then. I nursed it since I figured I was unlikely to replace it. I'm down in the Richmond area.

Ok. 1 bottle for you too.
RenoAg
And no profit fellas. Appreciate the offer. But not necessary. $70 total would cover the sales tax on it.
CactusThomas
AG
Great pictures, thanks for posting.

Never heard of the whiskey but I am very familiar with the Ben Millam name in Texas history. This thread always needs more pictures.
Sazerac
AG
Anytime This week.

AGdent07 wants one if you are selling. He's meeting me this weekend so I'll pick it up for him.
BQRyno
AG
RenoAg said:

And no profit fellas. Appreciate the offer. But not necessary. $70 total would cover the sales tax on it.

Good man. Thank you!
RenoAg
Sazerac said:

Anytime This week.

AGdent07 wants one if you are selling. He's meeting me this weekend so I'll pick it up for him.

Ok 3rd one for him. Can meet you Tuesday evening someplace on the westside. Email me at it'sgone. and we can work out details. BQRyno - please do same but it doesn't have to be Tuesday evening if that doesn't work for you.
John Francis Donaghy
RenoAg said:

For those of y'all new to this thread, this right here is the beauty of this thread. Bourbon fans talking bourbon, and helping others get their hands on hard to find bottles simply for the purpose of drinking and enjoying.

Damn good bull Reno.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Mark me down for next time you make that run!
Sazerac
AG
Emailed
aggie7020
AG
Found a bottle of Calumet Farms 14 yesterday excited to try soon.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Solid victory over the piggies.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
RenoAg
Sorry yall. Not tryin to clutter thread. Gotta few pours in me while watching the game and was just tryin to edit out my email. Hit reply by accident.
SpiderDude
AG
What are your thoughts on the uncut, unfiltered?! I have a bottle waiting for me when I get home. Friend picked it up for me today.
AggBock
AG
Cheers guys! Solid win and solid pour.
RenoAg
RebelE Infantry said:

Mark me down for next time you make that run!

Will do.
Gunner33
aggie7020 said:

Found a bottle of Calumet Farms 14 yesterday excited to try soon.

How is it. Saw it yesterday and passed.
Johnsy3
AG
I'm also curious how Smoke Wagon is. I've seen a few bottles here and there and know that's it's one of the latest crazes, but never pulled the trigger.
dmart90
AG
On the TexAgs Barrel idea - my trip to Milam & Greene this weekend got me thinking... why not work with a local distillery directly? I assume most of us are in Texas. There are a number of decent distillers around the state now. Maybe they would host us, let us taste and few barrels, make a pick, and bottle ourselves? And we get to support a local, Texas business.

Thoughts?
mazag08
AG
dmart90 said:

On the TexAgs Barrel idea - my trip to Milam & Greene this weekend got me thinking... why not work with a local distillery directly? I assume most of us are in Texas. There are a number of decent distillers around the state now. Maybe they would host us, let us taste and few barrels, make a pick, and bottle ourselves? And we get to support a local, Texas business.

Thoughts?
In the absence of any other options, maybe, if the price isn't ridiculous. But there isn't a single Texas distillery, aside from maybe Balcones, that offers anything even remotely comparable to what people want. And most Texas whiskey is extremely overpriced based on its quality.
dmart90
AG
Fair points...just trying to keep this ball rolling.
SpiderDude
AG
What's secondary pricing for the following:

ECBP B520
Larceny BP B520
MWND (this year's)
Weller 12 1.75L
AggieBarstool
I'm wondering the same. $99/bottle here in N. Texas.
RoofingAg
AG
I've been paying/seeing $150-$160 for MWND on secondary
CharlieBrown17
AG
85-90 shipped for pretty much any new bottle ECBP
BQRyno
AG
You're probably right, but I'm still a huge fan of Whitmeyer's distillery-only single barrel.
AggBock
AG
75 for ECBP local
350 plus for the big W12
SpiderDude
AG
mazag08 said:

dmart90 said:

Thoughts?
In the absence of any other options, maybe, if the price isn't ridiculous. But there isn't a single Texas distillery, aside from maybe Balcones, that offers anything even remotely comparable to what people want. And most Texas whiskey is extremely overpriced based on its quality.

GB at the top of the list of overpriced Texas swill.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Spec's downtown Houston has Heaven Hill BiB if anyone is looking for it.
First Page Last Page
Page 539 of 1104

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.