Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,863,358 Views | 38664 Replies | Last: 43 sec ago by Bulldog73
FTAco07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody familiar with Japanese whisky and know what this first picture is? A friend brought it over tonight and the only decipherable language was 2004 and 50% abv. I'll be honest I didn't like it as it tasted like plum and cherry.

I picked up the second bottle in Dallas last weekend and was told it is/was normally available only to wholesale to a few restaurants but COVID resulted in a few bottles available to this retail store. I was looking for some Yamazaki but I tried this tonight and liked it quite a bit. Any insight or knowledge on the Komagatake also appreciated.

AggBock
AG
I have multiples and I really like OWA and can't find another bottle. Blantons I am just collecting, have not tried it yet. Yes 80 paid at the store. I won some others in an auction.
RaylanGivens
Hey, you do you, don't worry about the other guy, he's not paying your whiskey tab.
SpiderDude
AG
Understood. I wouldn't trade my OWA for it but tempted to part with my backup bottle of Blanton's. I have 2 ECBP's tho. Love the hot (high ABV) batches of ECBP. I'll have to ruminate on it.
Daytona22
AG
Thanks! Yeah ECBP is pretty good stuff. I have a couple of old label bottles left that I need to open before too long.
aggielostinETX
AG
So GG in Dallas has been receiving allocated stuff and are purposefully releasing it on different days at different stores to stymie the taters. Good for them.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
HouseDivided06
AG
Never had much luck at GG with anything of note. Do you have to ask for it or is it on the shelves? Haven't been to a GG lately but might need to swing by a couple locations soon.
aggielostinETX
AG
Always find stuff at the right GGs.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
AggBock
AG
ECBP+10 for OWA
austinag1997
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

^already gone

Yeah, getting insane. Can't even get what I want from my store. Have a hold on the next one I want.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Buddy just snagged a Blanton's Gold at total wine in Houston, BOLO in other locations (he was pretty sure he got the last one there)
AggBock
AG
Got this today. Any recommendations on it? Is it good as it looks?

Cyprian
AG
Opened a new bottle tonight, very tasty
SweaterVest
AG
Cyprian said:

Honestly the best bottle posted over the last few pages. And it's readily available everywhere!
CactusThomas
AG
Went to total wine in Corpus today. Picked up a Russell's Reserve Single Barrel store pick among other things.

I noticed that they had moved the Eagle Rare back to the shelves from behind the customer service desk. They had plenty available.
txaggie05
AG
SweaterVest said:

Cyprian said:

Honestly the best bottle posted over the last few pages. And it's readily available everywhere!

Love me some OF1920.
Texas_Aggie91
AG
Big fan of that and the 1910
AggBock
AG
Finally!
Ezra Brooks
AG
What are the thoughts on Maker's 46?

I'm a wheater fan and my local store usually has WSR available but they were out on my last trip so I picked this up as an alternative to regular Makers.

I'm really enjoying it.
46CHEVYTRUCK
Anyone have a BTAC Larue or BTAC Eagle Rare they would like to sell I am try to complete a set for a friend that helped me with a project.
Farmer1906
AG
It's not for me at all. I probably have one in the cabinet collecting dust. Even for old fashioned I didn't care for it.
mazag08
AG
Ezra Brooks said:

What are the thoughts on Maker's 46?

I'm a wheater fan and my local store usually has WSR available but they were out on my last trip so I picked this up as an alternative to regular Makers.

I'm really enjoying it.

It's decent. They add French oak staves before rebarreling standard makers. Honestly not good enough for the price jump. You can barely tell the difference IMO.
agcrock2005
AG
Texas_Aggie91 said:

Big fan of that and the 1910
Agreed. For readily available bottles (for now), these are two of my favorites but I give slight edge to 1910.
EastTexAg14
AG
Good luck on getting your hands on those. Prices have skyrocketed on both of them. WLW is going for 950 and ER 1200.
AggBock
AG
Just watched a guy buy a case of willet rye. It was sitting on a top shelf. He was nice enough to let me have one. Good day of hunting in DFW. Also got a total wine store pick 1776 full proof. They just dropped pallet loads of it. Be sure to get some, they are really nice.
AggBock
AG
Just bought another at Hulen TW. They got a bottom shelf full.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

Just watched a guy buy a case of willet rye. It was sitting on a top shelf. He was nice enough to let me have one. Good day of hunting in DFW.
Will you drink it or will it sit next to your collection of unopened Blanton's?
AggBock
AG
Full on hunter mode now. Yes, I will be drinking them. This was all found this morning.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Bravo
SpiderDude
AG
Where did you find the Stagg?
46CHEVYTRUCK
I figured the prices will be crazy. I haven't ever bought on the secondary but I owe him so if anyone had a lead it would be awesome
GarlandAg2012
AG
Where are you located? I could probably source one at secondary prices from the private DFW Facebook group if you want to go that route. Happy to help you out if you want (I won't charge anything as middleman)
austinag1997
AG
Look what I found in the cabinet... you Jap bourbon fans.
MJ20/20
AG
Anyone land the new Master's Keep this week?
the dude10
AG
What is it? Those usually can be found on the shelf for awhile. Hasn't achieved cult status yet
First Page Last Page
Page 463 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.