Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,866,561 Views | 38668 Replies | Last: 42 min ago by Pac1698
CactusThomas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess I just mean do y'all really not like it or is there just lots of better stuff available
FriedTex
AG
Pot still is just paying for a fancy bottle. Noah's mill is excellent
agcrock2005
AG
I really don't like it. Every time I see it (often because the bottles so tall I can't put it anywhere but the freakin' counter) I wish it was good. Bottle is incredibly cool and the product is equally as bad IMO.
agcrock2005
AG
Unfortunately I can't sell it because my best friend got it as a gift when his wife died of cancer a couple years ago and he gave it to me after he tasted it and didn't have room for the bottle, and we still have a taste in her memory every 6 months or so, and then immeditately regret it.
Ringo88
AG
I acknowledge it's true, but always hate to hear it.

I have some old bottles of Pot Still Single Barrel before they discontinued it. Completely different animal.

DDSO
AG
I just picked up two each of Weller 12 and Blanton's. The ladies behind the counter claimed they didn't have any. Luckily, the distributor was there and said they were wrong. He claimed that they were pushing more out to the stores, worried that a shut down would hurt their ability to get things to the stores.
MW03
AG
DDSO said:

I just picked up two each of Weller 12 and Blanton's. The ladies behind the counter claimed they didn't have any. Luckily, the distributor was there and said they were wrong. He claimed that they were pushing more out to the stores, worried that a shut down would hurt their ability to get things to the stores.
Donde?
DDSO
AG
Fat Dog in Troup, Tx of all places. Had to pass through for work and decided to take a chance.

I think they would have sold me all they had.

Not sure if they had any more Blanton's, but the bottom drawer of that file cabinet had several bottles of Weller 12.
Wheatables02
AG
Time to start drinking some good stuff for quarantine before I get mandated to work -

Bernehim/Stitzel Weller 1990 Dant

MW03
AG
Big fan of Knob Creek 12.
CactusThomas
AG
Same
AggBock
AG
Is Weller 12 the same as SPecial reserve? I can get that any day of the week in weatherford Texas. The blantons I have never seen.
RK
AG
No. It has a big 12 on the label.
Johnsy3
AG
The 12 has a black label. SR is green and the Antique 107 is red.
TamuKid
AG
Johnsy3 said:

The 12 has a black label. SR is green and the Antique 107 is red.

And CYPB is White and Full Proof is Blue.

The Weller rainbow.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Orange for the rare af pumpkin spice
AggBock
AG
Ok thanks. I need to look for the 12 next time.
SpiderDude
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Orange for the rare af pumpkin spice

Actually isn't the forthcoming Single Barrel going to have an "orangeish" label?!

agcrock2005
AG
AggBock said:

Ok thanks. I need to look for the 12 next time.

Damn you must be brand new to the bourbon world! Let me know when you find it. I'll give you double retail.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Wow. Lots of sheep on this thread think there's a single barrel on the way. Disappointing.

SpiderDude
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Wow. Lots of sheep on this thread think there's a single barrel on the way. Disappointing.

So this is fake news?

https://www.gobourbon.com/a-weller-single-barrel-label-has-appeared-on-the-ttb/
AggBock
AG
Where is the best place to find the 12 or Blantons?
Robert C. Christian
AG
Secondary is your only sure bet for availability.
MW03
AG
What's the honest scoop on the weller line? I've only ever had SR, and it's perfectly fine at the MSRP. What about the others? Are they actually any good, or is it all marketing?
John Francis Donaghy
It's not even marketing. It's just fanboy hype.

And no, it's not worth paying much over retail for. If you can find the Antique or the 12 Year at $35 or less, go for it. Otherwise, I'd pass.
AggBock
AG
Blanton online is $199. Weller 12 is in the 300 range
DDSO
AG
Wow. I paid $37 for W12 and $59 for Blanton's @ the store this week. I have also been looking for several months.
mazag08
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

And no, it's not worth paying much over retail for. If you can find the Antique or the 12 Year at $35 or less, go for it. Otherwise, I'd pass.

The 12 is damn good stuff. Buttery smooth.

To me, it's worth $50. What makes it even more rare though is that there just isn't very many wheated bourbons out there, and definitely not enough with the flavor that Weller has.
CactusThomas
AG
On Saturday I got 2 Blanton's and a Stagg jr. I also picked up some Dickel bonded.

Today I got 2 EHT small batch and 2 Eagle Rare. Nothing crazy but nice to see them on the shelf.
Goldie Wilson
CactusThomas said:

On Saturday I got 2 Blanton's and a Stagg jr. I also picked up some Dickel bonded.

Today I got 2 EHT small batch and 2 Eagle Rare. Nothing crazy but nice to see them on the shelf.
Geez what shelf are you finding all of this?
CactusThomas
AG
Spankys
Fall92
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Disagree on the OWA. I think it's a fine bourbon and worth the added cost. That and OF1920 are two of my current favorites.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Robert C. Christian
AG
Well you asked where you could find it. Not buy it for retail.
Post removed:
by user
agcrock2005
AG
AggBock said:

Blanton online is $199. Weller 12 is in the 300 range

Ok. Are you trolling?
First Page Last Page
Page 432 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.