Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,856,057 Views | 38571 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Aggie Therapist
Post removed:
by user
CharlieBrown17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Names are more fun

You know what's more fun? Barrel proof bourbon aged longer than 7 years for the same price or less
betadawg1
AG
Anyone have an extra ETL they would trade for an EW12 (Japan)?

Located in CS but travel to Houston frequently.
Post removed:
by user
AlaskanAg99
AG
betadawg1 said:

I do. I'd love for a trade.
betadawg1
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

betadawg1 said:

I do. I'd love for a trade.

AlaskanAg99
AG
Trade done!
TamuKid
AG
As of yesterday, Gunter's Liquor off 183 in Austin had the following:

Gunter's:
$55 small batch EHT
$50 Eagle Rare 750ml
$109 ER 1.75
Weller 12 ($89) and Antique ($79)

I walked out empty handed, but figured someone may be willing to pay.
RK
AG
i'd pay for the W12, but nothing else.
Farmer1906
AG
None of those are terrible. I'd pay if I was having trouble finding them or was running low.
K-Bob
AG
I can stumble upon Eagle Rare enough to avoid $50 price tag. I have never seen a bottle of Weller 12 on the shelf so that would be the most tempting.
tandrus
AG
TamuKid said:

Gunter's:
$55 small batch EHT
$50 Eagle Rare 750ml
$109 ER 1.75

That's not terrible. Antique is now 69.99 retail, I believe... W12 has a lower retail but has higher demand.
TamuKid
AG
Believe OWA107 is $49.99 MSRP from BTD, now.

The prices are certainly less than secondary for the W12 and OWA. And if you needed one for a gift or were running low yourself, they'd be a good buy.

I think ER and EHT SmB are too common to pay a ~50% adder on, though.
SweaterVest
AG
TamuKid said:

Believe OWA107 is $49.99 MSRP from BTD, now.

The prices are certainly less than secondary for the W12 and OWA. And if you needed one for a gift or were running low yourself, they'd be a good buy.

I think ER and EHT SmB are too common to pay a ~50% adder on, though.

Too common, and just not good enough to justify that cost. ER is great because it's an outstanding whiskey at $29-$35. At the $50 point though there are just too many easily available bottles that are far better.

ETA- I'd pay the OWA price though. I think that one is worth it and definitely stands up to other bourbon in the $70-$90 range.
betadawg1
AG
TamuKid said:

Gunter's:
$55 small batch EHT
$50 Eagle Rare 750ml
$109 ER 1.75

I'd jump on the Weller 12 all day for that price. Secondary is $150ish all day long.
V8Aggie
AG
Does anyone around Houston have a Willet Family Rye they'd be willing to let go of? I had a sip at a bottle share and loved it!
IBMs_Watson
3 year, 4 year, or something older?

Looking to trade or purchase?
aggielostinETX
AG
On the second Bottle of my SAOS Dickel stuff and I am impressed. This one is 110 proof.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
V8Aggie
AG
IBMs_Watson said:

3 year, 4 year, or something older?

Looking to trade or purchase?
I'd prefer to purchase.

The one I had tasted was a 7 year I believe but those can get pricey. Something below a $100? I'm not exactly sure of the pricing of these so if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.
mazag08
AG
I still contend that Four Roses offerings are the best price per pound right now, followed by SOME of the Old Forrester offerings.
TamuKid
AG
Need to pick up a 4R. Never had it, and have heard good things. What do you recommend, single barrel, small batch select, regular small batch?
SweaterVest
AG
I like the SiB. 4R BP store picks are cool because you can get some of the more unique recipes that are bottled for regular SiB.
MW03
AG
speaking of store picks, some time ago I was on one of the Facebook secondary market pages, and I happened to get in on a buy of these bottles of Russel's Reserve Single Barrel that was dubbed "Sweet Candy" and accompanied by a picture of Homer drooling. I'm not going to lie, I bought it because of the damned packaging. It was a store pick from some California operation I've never heard of.

Anyway, I cracked it way back when and I thought it was pretty solid but nothing earth shattering. Drank about 2/3s of it. Then, I started acquiring other stuff and kind of forgot about it. I had a pour of it last night after sitting opened (but corked) for a year or more, and I'll be damned if I don't find it to be absolutely delicious now. I don't know if having it opened changed it, or if it more my taste has changed, but has anyone else had this happen with an opened bottle that hung around for a while?
mazag08
AG
TamuKid said:

Need to pick up a 4R. Never had it, and have heard good things. What do you recommend, single barrel, small batch select, regular small batch?
I would get all 3 of Small Batch, Small Batch Select, and Single Barrel.

Small Batch Select is pretty much a stronger version of the Small Batch. Single Barrel is a completely different recipe and stands in its own.
Farmer1906
AG
I drank them side by side and this is true. Both excellent but both very different.

Between Russels and 4R SB, those are pretty much my daily drinkers now that its hard to get so many of BT stuff and EC.
FTAG 2000
AG
What are the sites you can see secondary pricing?

I know bottlebluebook but isn't there 1-2 others? TIA.
LCE
AG
WOW.

I have a w12 1.75what's that going for these days?
IBMs_Watson
The good news is that Willett 3yr is not too hard to find. Willett 4yr is a good deal tougher but you will see it on shelves if you're persistent (MRSP ~$50, Secondary ~$85). Willet 5yr+ will never see a store shelf and secondary prices range quite a bit, but expect to pay ~$300.
AggieBarstool
mazag08 said:

TamuKid said:

I would get all 3 of Small Batch, Small Batch Select, and Single Barrel.

Small Batch Select is pretty much a stronger version of the Small Batch. Single Barrel is a completely different recipe and stands in its own.
Four Roses Single Barrel is easily among my top favorite bourbons. Easily found for $40, to boot.
MW03
AG
I don't know if I just happened to get a particularly good bottle, but I'm nearly to the point where I'd put Noah's Mill up against anything at this price point. It's delicious.
TamuKid
AG
LCE said:

WOW.

I have a w12 1.75what's that going for these days?

From looking at a couple FB groups, looks like $275-$325. Insane to pay that in Texas though. We get quite a bit of Weller. For example, Special Reserve is everywhere in Texas... not so in a lot of states.

MJ20/20
AG
I agree. Weller 12 is probably my favorite bourbon. Definitely top 3. I usually find a 750ml around once every 5-6 weeks on the shelf for less than $30 in nw Houston. The smaller Spec's that don't sell wholesale alcohol to bars and restaurants are the best bet.
the dude10
AG
IBMs_Watson said:

The good news is that Willett 3yr is not too hard to find. Willett 4yr is a good deal tougher but you will see it on shelves if you're persistent (MRSP ~$50, Secondary ~$85). Willet 5yr+ will never see a store shelf and secondary prices range quite a bit, but expect to pay ~$300.

There is no way this is accurate right? I still have a few bottles of 8 year I haven't opened up yet, and though I really like it you could usually find a bottle a few times a year. No way it sells for that much.
V8Aggie
AG
Yeah problem is I've been searching for it for the last few weeks in north west Houston. Over twenty stores chatting with the owners and they haven't seen any for 6 to 12 months :/
MW03
AG
Willet Estate 4 is one I always buy when I see it. Down to my last bottle because I haven't seen any on the shelves in 4+ months. Haven't seen any estate at all for that matter.
First Page Last Page
Page 406 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.