Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,858,607 Views | 38601 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by Aggie Therapist
SweaterVest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NOT this guy! Tempting but I just don't care that much. It's not having to buy three 1792 bottles that keeps me away. I just can't stomach standing in line with a bunch of nerds.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I've had several Full Proof barrel picks now and none have been worth paying a premium for.
V8Aggie
AG
This whole trend of being forced to buy bottles I don't want is BS. Whatever it's your business, but I won't be part of it.
schwack schwack
AG
Timing is everything. Scored this yesterday at our small town liquor store. I went in to get a plastic bottle of Southern Comfort for a holiday recipe. I was checking out, happened to ask the owner (a friend) if he had any allocations put back and before he could answer with the standard "no" that I've become accustomed to, a delivery guy came rolling in from the back with 3 boxes of misc. stuff. They are pulling out one Godiva Chocolate, a few wines, other bottles that I didn't want .... then..... (cue angles singing)

Merry Christmas to the husband half of Schwack Schwack!

schwack schwack
AG
On another note - made the Bourbon Milk Punch last night - mmmmmmmmmmm.

edit: Buffalo Trace. Not Stagg.
tripperwill
AG
Amazing! Congrats!!!
What's your recipe for the bourbon milk punch?
TMfrisco
AG
I entered the Goody-Goody bottle club allocation raffle and forgot about it. Got a call this morning that I had won and needed to pick a bottle. He said they had Pappy 10 and 12, William Larue, Handy, Stagg and few others. Maybe I should have picked the William Larue, but I picked the George T Stagg. Picking it up this afternoon.
How did I do?
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

What's your recipe for the bourbon milk punch?

We used this one - found it on this thread from SpiderDude. https://breadboozebacon.com/bourbon-milk-punch/

trouble
AG
It's good stuff, isn't it?
Post removed:
by user
John Francis Donaghy
I'll vote the other way. Stagg beats the pants off of WLW in my book. Stagg and WLW were definitely the picks of the litter though.
jh0400
AG
I would pick the THH over the WLW or GTS unless I was looking to flip.
Post removed:
by user
V8Aggie
AG
third coast.. said:

If that's what you want you couldnflupbthe wow and buy damn near one each if the gts and thh
day drinking again?
Post removed:
by user
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

couldnflupbthe

Is this a Tom Herman thread now?
gigemJTH12
AG
contractor gave me Balcones Baby Blue Corn Whiskey...never had it before. Not sure I have ever drank corn whiskey.

is it any good or should I regift it at a gift exchange?
AlaskanAg99
AG
With the THH you can make "$1,000 Manhattan's".

And they're delicious.
showtime
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Not sure I have ever drank corn whiskey.

Are we on the bourbon thread?
SweaterVest
AG
If you've drank bourbon you've drank corn whiskey
V8Aggie
AG
Alright, guys, the HBS bottle share was great. Everyone was extremely friendly and just wanted to shoot the ***** I got the chance to try a ton of things I've never heard of and also the typical tater bottles I haven't had a chance to sample. Even had an ORVW on the table which was good but def would never pay anything over retail for it, was surprised by the nose being heavy cloves.

My two favorites of the evening was a 7 year Willet Rye and an MWND. Starting to think I am a rye guy.

Also sampled some armagnac which I'd never had. It seems like a great sipper around a fire.

Fallisfun16
It's definitely a unique taste. I'm not a big fan of it, but it's worth trying. If you don't want to risk it, you can usually find the sample bottles at TW
gigemJTH12
AG
showtime said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Not sure I have ever drank corn whiskey.

Are we on the bourbon thread?
im ignorant. My apologies.
TamuKid
AG
Walked into a small mom and pop store that I frequent for beer and wine and that I've had luck with over the past year (grabbing Blanton's and Stagg Jr. at retail, Weller 12 for $50); always finding Weller Special Reserve and Buff Trace on hand).

Upon walking in I see GTS, wrapped in paper on the counter behind the register. Immediately get excited; knowing it likely won't be retail, but it will probably be reasonably marked up (thinking $175/$200). Go and grab some wine, come up to the counter and inquire on the price... crossing my fingers in my pocket... and he responds "$425". My heart sank. First time ever seeing it in a store. My poor emotions.
dmart90
AG
StEdsCOOG said:

MW03 said:

What's the boards favorite drinker these days? Something relatively easy to find that you keep stocked as opposed to one you break out special?
I've become a big fan of Four Roses Small Batch. I also enjoy the Small Batch Select but don't think it's worth the extra $20 a bottle.
I think the Small Batch Select is delicious. Worth the price and I am very happy is it now part of their regular line up.
aggielostinETX
AG
And it will be gone before the weekend is over
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Post removed:
by user
Broncos
If you go to The Republic play the mash madness. They've basically styled it as a March Madness tournament for whiskey. They'll give you two different whiskeys (one high end, one middle in a 3/4 oz pour) in a blind taste test.

After you make your selection they'll reveal the two you tried. Pretty cool way to see if you really like things or just like the name on the bottle.
AggieDad24
Just picked up Henry McKenna 10 at Zipps in Navasota. Call before you go. One per and behind the counter. $40
Pitter Patter
FriedTex
AG
MaroonBaboon said:

Just picked up Henry McKenna 10 at Zipps in Navasota. Call before you go. One per and behind the counter. $40

Behind the counter??? Good Grief
AggieDad24
Yeah apparently they didn't get too much and she laughed when I asked if I could buy more than one
Pitter Patter
the dude10
AG
I still can't get over the weller 12 craze. It's insanity. I saw a bottle in a glass case today for $199! Double the price they had for ECBP and Stagg jr
MW03
AG
Buffalo Trace

AggieDad24
Bigs in Bryan is selling it for $220
Pitter Patter
turfman80
AG
If I had to choose one bourbon to always have on hand, regardless of price, I would go with Eagle Rare. With a bottle of ECBP on the side.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
First Page Last Page
Page 397 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.