Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,753,363 Views | 37594 Replies | Last: 41 min ago by CTGilley
LPHA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought it was pretty funny how hypocritical they were, but also how annoyed you got, if that's even the right word.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Holy crap a Houston Bourbon Society bottle share?
Post removed:
by user
V8Aggie
AG
Yeah, there's a lot of pretentiousness and pretenders in there. If I want ice in my whisky, piss off. I paid for it. A lot of people try wayyyyy too hard.

Anyways, we'll see how it goes.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
third coast.. said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Holy crap a Houston Bourbon Society bottle share?

Gonna be lots of wellers, wanna join me?
I was at a little bottle share last Saturday and I think Wade was trolling that group with some pics of our bottles. Cracks me up.
V8Aggie
AG
LPHA said:

Also don't bring up empty bottles. Some people get very upset, very easily.
I feel like there's a good story here. Please share with the class!
Sixdrakes
AG
betadawg1 said:

Looking for a 2019 Michter's 10. Prefer to trade. I have Blanton's Gold amoung other things. I can meet in Houston or College Station.

What other bottles do you have? I'm on the west side of Houston. Feel free to PM me.
LPHA
AG
It's really not a great story. Just entertaining, with a "I know that guy from Texags," twist.

Someone posted a picture with a bunch of empty bottles, asking if anyone wanted to trade/buy/whatever. Not supposed to do it because people suck and will refill the nicer bottles to sell. Someone said something about not doing that, and the guy was jumped on. Then he started swinging. I don't know if it was bad enough to be taken down, or even that entertaining. It was a slow day for me.

Edit: Just found it again. Not even as exciting as I described it. Just funny at the time i guess.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

I was at a little bottle share last Saturday and I think Wade was trolling that group with some pics of our bottles. Cracks me up.
From Republic? He on here?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Quote:

A guy named Wade Woodard that like to troll bourbon noobs. He's not on here.
V8Aggie
AG
I'll admit I am somewhat new to the Bourbon craze. I will say proudly that I don't only go after the "popular" stuff. I buy everything to try and see what I truly like regardless of other opinions out there.

Anyways, it's my first bottle share and am curious as to what the etiquette is. Do you just bring open bottles you have sitting around or go out and buy something you either enjoy or looks interesting?

Thanks!
Post removed:
by user
aggielostinETX
AG
Make fun of something at Poison Girl and watch it explode.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
V8Aggie
AG
third coast.. said:

Take whatever you want. Dont just drink what is perceived to be the best stuff there. Take an uber.
Good advice - thanks.

The only real tater bottles I haven't tried are W12 and OWA.

Right now I am thoroughly enjoying OF1920 & a Knob Creek SB Rye pick from Blind Pig.
V8Aggie
AG
Deats said:

Make fun of something at Poison Girl and watch it explode.
Hahahaha thanks, guys. This will make the evening that much more entertaining especially when I have a few sips.
TamuKid
AG
V8Aggie said:

third coast.. said:

Take whatever you want. Dont just drink what is perceived to be the best stuff there. Take an uber.
Good advice - thanks.

Right now I am thoroughly enjoying OF1920 & a Knob Creek SB Rye pick from Blind Pig.
Have you tried the OF1910? It's an absolutely delicious easy-drinker. I haven't tried the 1920, but I think it's next on my buy list.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
TamuKid said:

V8Aggie said:

third coast.. said:

Good advice - thanks.

Have you tried the OF1910? It's an absolutely delicious easy-drinker. I haven't tried the 1920, but I think it's next on my buy list.
I'm a BIG fan of both the 1920 and 1910. Crazy to my how "unpopular" Brown-Forman is vs Buffalo Trace.
V8Aggie
AG
TamuKid said:

V8Aggie said:

third coast.. said:

Good advice - thanks.

I have not, but I have been eyeing it!
HouseDivided06
AG
My two favorite somewhat readily available bourbons right now are Old Forester 1910 and Belle Meade Cask Strength Reserve. Just awesome bottles for $50-$55.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

Have you tried the OF1910? It's an absolutely delicious easy-drinker.
I agree, although it's getting very hard to find.
Wheatables02
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

agcrock2005 said:

Quote:

Wait??!!?? Is this the guy from Beaumont? If so a warning was just posted about him to a DFW group I'm in.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

agcrock2005 said:

Quote:

Wait??!!?? Is this the guy from Beaumont? If so a warning was just posted about him to a DFW group I'm in.

What was the warning? I doubt it's him. He's pretty well known across a lot of bourbon groups.
aggielostinETX
AG
Anonymous,
Thanks for the ORVW, GTS, and THH!
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Leanderthal
Spec's corporate sent my neighborhood location a bottle of William Laure Weller barrel proof (not sure if they are all bp) to sell me for $118 (I am not an MFBarnes sock). I got the call this afternoon, and I just went and bought the bottle.

A brief google search shows secondary prices that are ridiculous. How much return on my investment can I expect if I want to sell to a local Austin buyer paying with cash?
tripperwill
AG
I'm local Austin and would be willing to trade a combination of a few Weller 12, Rock Hill Farms and Elmer T Lee for it? Also have other bottles you might be interested in.
BQRyno
AG
I mean.... you could actually drink it
Leanderthal
Thanks for the offer, but I am looking for cash on this transaction.
Wheatables02
AG
Leanderthal said:

Thanks for the offer, but I am looking for cash on this transaction.
$600 ish
Wheatables02
AG
Be careful dealing with the guy. Owes people multiple bottles and slow ships..
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Be careful dealing with the guy. Owes people multiple bottles and slow ships..

Gotcha, yeah not the same guy.
MW03
AG
What's the boards favorite drinker these days? Something relatively easy to find that you keep stocked as opposed to one you break out special?
First Page Last Page
Page 395 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.